Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

29 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I think Spoot was the leading train before the CFD almost happened on Leelou.  But that was with a questionable # of people available - there were enough to hammer Spoot much earlier (before I left work).  I didn't get back on until N1, so yes - me moving Leelou up was a comment made after D1.

Spoot was unreasonably hard to lynch.

Early on D1, Brett refused to put him at L2, but had no problem putting someone else at L2. Later on D1, he was in-range, but the rampant "town-clearing" by 80 and Brett made just about any train and/or case fall flat. 

Spoot has been getting behind my theories a few times now, but then Leelou got behind me when I originally went after Spoot.

28 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I think you are projecting what you would do as scum in the situation. Brett may very well be scum, but I know I'm town. I was serious, I'd rather have lynched myself than it go to random. I know I'm vt. 

Perhaps, I usually frame everything from the standpoint of what I'd do if I were scum, and how I'd set the game up if I were mod. 

That said, this is the first time I've really been able to try and really decode things that have been happening, and I'm not just abandoning it because you're trying to get in my head.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, CTM said:

well brett.. spoot or leelou?

19 hours ago, StraightCash said:

Random. Scum are in the lynch pool for random right?

19 hours ago, Leelou said:

You'd rather risk a PR getting randomly lynched over a VT? 

Yeah it'd have to be Leelou and include her voting herself. Her being willing means she's town. I'm letting it go random in that case 

I would have done the same thing which made me vote Spoot. No consensus is a win for scum in my mind

I have a bad feeling about this random lynch...

18 hours ago, StraightCash said:

I feel pretty good about Leelou and Spoot, feel worse about Hallia and CTM. Feel slightly worse about 80 (sorry), neutral on Jif Verb and Ape.

Sorry Bret, this is terrible.  No way you're playing like this as town.

I'll let others chime in but I'm ready to hammer.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Sorry Bret, this is terrible.  No way you're playing like this as town.

I'll let others chime in but I'm ready to hammer.  

See my earlier post to Ape, this is a scum statement. You just hedged your bet because you know I'll flip town.

Also, I can't believe you are using that "I have a bad feeling about this random" against me. You aren't even reading. It was a joke because I had just pissed off Nyn by calling her a name she didn't like

22 minutes ago, Verbal said:

We could have lynched Spoot earlier, though - that's my point.  The CFD sh*t only works when there are several active players at deadline.  As we did not have that, just leaving votes where they are would have made it a likely Spoot lynch.  And if he was town, then we'd still have several people on record voting (or refusing to vote) him.  Now we have excuses about traffic and not being available, and only the Ape's excuse is legit.  All others could have been avoided if we didn't try to get fancy near a deadline.

Simple as that, dude.

I was willing to lynch you, Leelou or Spoot well in advance of deadline. Again, the town-clearing stalled out every opportunity to case and build trains. That stuff has to play out if we're going to be able to read behavior. Townies town-clearing just makes it super easy for scum to buddy-up and do the same thing. It's really ******* stupid play.

80 town-clearing everyone and Brett probably as scum cheerleading him. Basically allows Brett to dictate who 80 is willing to vote, probably none of which is scum. 

It's like wearing a sandwich board that says "will let you use me for hugs". 

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

See my earlier post to Ape, this is a scum statement. You just hedged your bet because you know I'll flip town.

Also, I can't believe you are using that "I have a bad feeling about this random" against me. You aren't even reading. It was a joke because I had just pissed off Nyn by calling her a name she didn't like

You accused me of saying "dumb or scum" is a scum tactic to set up a lynch on another townie. You didn't say I was trying to hedge my bets.

You never did explain how that works either... what townie was I setting up a lynch on?

I feel very gotcha-ey about this. I think this is a slip.

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

Unvote

Vote Bret

I'm not hedging sh*t.  

Just now, Integrity28 said:

You accused me of saying "dumb or scum" is a scum tactic to set up a lynch on another townie. You didn't say I was trying to hedge my bets.

You never did explain how that works either... what townie was I setting up a lynch on?

I feel very gotcha-ey about this. I think this is a slip.

It makes you look clean because when I flip town you say "oh he was just playing terriblyyyyy"

Jif and Ape guys.

6 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You are just nitpicking now. I've said earlier I believe she is as townie as someone can be short of mod confirm

You said something similar about CTM when you voted him yesterday, something like "this is as sure as I've been about any vote today". 

You also dropped some line about "I know you are scum because I know you are town" or something like that.

Empty statements to inspire false-trust.

Just now, StraightCash said:

Jif and Ape guys. Just remember that. Look back at this whole sequence

How about yesterday when you seemed so eager to lynch CTM, trying to get me to lynch him, too? You were even eager to push the theory that CTM was trying to set me up. You did a lot of the arguing and instigating on my behalf in the brief CTM V Spoot saga.

It makes you look clean because when I flip town you say "oh he was just playing terriblyyyyy"

Jif and Ape guys.

You accused me of saying "dumb or scum", which isn't what I said, because I was trying to set up a lynch on another townie... this doesn't explain how I'm setting up a lynch on anyone. This is about hedging. My responses to you make it pretty clear, I'm not looking to hedge my bets.

Sooo.... you aren't answering the question, the question about what you initially accused me of. Because it was poorly thought out OMGUS bunk.

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Jif and Ape guys.

Why else do you vote someone, Bret?  Because they're playing well? 

This is the weakest defense I've ever seen.

I'm feeling 100% confident this guy is scum.  100%!

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

You accused me of saying "dumb or scum", which isn't what I said, because I was trying to set up a lynch on another townie... this doesn't explain how I'm setting up a lynch on anyone. This is about hedging. My responses to you make it pretty clear, I'm not looking to hedge my bets.

Sooo.... you aren't answering the question, the question about what you initially accused me of. Because it was poorly thought out OMGUS bunk.

So when I flip town you won't say "oh he was just playing terrible town I guess"??

So when I flip town you won't say "oh he was just playing terrible town I guess"??

You still haven't answered for the accusation you made. Avoiding explanation for your own comments isn't town-favorable. 

lol, I know CTM jokes about me being insecure, but I'm actually not... you aren't going to make me second-guess myself with bits like this.

You're not even presenting townie logic anymore... JIF and I are both scum? Yea? That would have to mean you're a threat, to make you such a valuable town target to take out.... but you were just trying to convince us that you're "playing terrible". So, how does that make sense?

It doesn't.

You've twisted this so much I don't even know what you are talking about anymore

What  have I twisted?

I made a case. You said that I included a statement that you're either "dumb or scum" to set up a lynch on another townie. I made clear that I didn't say "dumb or scum", and then asked you to clarify your accusation by explaining who I'm setting up a lynch on.

Then you said I'm hedging. You are avoiding explaining your initial accusation, because it was bunk.

But yes, I'm twisting.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

What  have I twisted?

I made a case. You said that I included a statement that you're either "dumb or scum" to set up a lynch on another townie. I made clear that I didn't say "dumb or scum", and then asked you to clarify your accusation by explaining who I'm setting up a lynch on.

Then you said I'm hedging. You are avoiding explaining your initial accusation, because it was bunk.

But yes, I'm twisting.

You are setting up a lynch on me. "Dumb or scum" = hedging because you have an out when I flip town. How does that not make sense?

22 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I just read back 4 pages, I can't remember  or find what your talking about 

This is the closest that I found to what he might be talking about:

2 hours ago, StraightCash said:

1. It is a scum tactic, it sets you up for lynching a townie because when I flip you can say "oh well he was just playing so terrible" I am suggesting the possibility that you are scum, based off of that statement.

2. I look at it in terms of odds. How likely is it that Leelou and I ran that as a gambit? 100:1? 20:1? 5:1? All those are worse than the odds of just lynching scum randomly (probably 7:2?). It's a bad play. 

I think you were speaking in general terms about "a townie", essentially referring to yourself.

I'm still not entirely sure about what Ape meant about you specifically saying "another townie".

Just re read again, still don't know wtf you're talking about. This is a slip I think 

I accuse you of a slip, you accuse me of a slip. Really original.

Let's go over this one last time. 

At no point did you express thoughts of me being scum.

I voted you.

You responded by saying that my comment was that you were "scum or dumb" and that's a scum tactic, and now you think I'm scum. I said, it's not a scum tactic, townies make that comment all the time. I also made it perfectly clear that I am NOT suggesting you are scum or dumb - which you continue to ignore, because if you admit I didn't say it, you have no premise at all for your manufactured defense. I believe you are scum. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I don't feel as though I need an "excuse" for voting you. I'm voting you for my case, my case is what I stand behind. You said it is a scum tactic, and that it's a way of lynching another townie, or something to that effect. I asked you to explain what other townie. You started saying I'm hedging instead.

I asked you repeatedly to explain the "kill a townie" thing, you continued to say I'm hedging. Now, finally, you're trying to make them one and the same, so it doesn't appear as though you were avoiding the explanation. 

They are not one and the same. Was I hedging, or was I "setting up a townie lynch". 

All of this gets into the semantics of a defense centered on something I didn't even say. Brett's not even defending the case against him, he has created a peripheral argument to try and "win". I'm not bickering any further, because it's these peripheral arguments that I entertain that end up drowning out the actual finer points of my case.

Brett is scum.

Archived