Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why I keep reading criticism for "towntelling" and clearing people early.  Some of you guys really are stuck thinking that you can't clear people as town as a method to scumhunt.  Perfectly legit way to do it, especially in a small game like this.

When scum is playing well to start off a game, like this one, clearing obvious townies is the way to go.  If scum can make themselves "obvious townies", then they probably will win......but that means they're playing so well they would have won anyway.

24 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Defeated by a Saturday, lol.

Leelou is right, Spoot, gotta slow play the final day and let everybody weigh in.  My fault for not making that clear before leaving Friday evening.  gg though

@scum:  pussies, though JiF surprised me with how he didn't self destruct as scum - good work

Defeated by the greatest scum team ever.

deal with it

Just now, Verbal said:

Not sure why I keep reading criticism for "towntelling" and clearing people early.  Some of you guys really are stuck thinking that you can't clear people as town as a method to scumhunt.  Perfectly legit way to do it, especially in a small game like this.

When scum is playing well to start off a game, like this one, clearing obvious townies is the way to go.  If scum can make themselves "obvious townies", then they probably will win......but that means they're playing so well they would have won anyway.

It worked so well.  I mean, like really really well. 

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

The two people that were criticizing it were scum, don't take it too seriously 

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I more posted that for Spoot's sake, and any other new(ish) players we have.  Some of that criticism was in the QT, which means it wasn't posturing.....and they are wrong.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

It worked so well.  I mean, like really really well. 

Dude, don't be a douchebag.  My list went from being reasonable, to solid, to dead accurate.....all within the time I needed to win the game.  But we had a new player who had not yet learned the lesson of slow playing.  It happens, well done for recognizing the opportunity and capitalizing.

But no need to rub it in, especially considering your only winning play was to lynch me over the weekend when you knew I wouldn't be around to shred your sh*tty cases into little pieces.

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

But no need to rub it in, especially considering your only winning play was to lynch me over the weekend when you knew I wouldn't be around to shred your sh*tty cases into little pieces.

Lol, this. They took advantage of a noob on a weekend when no one was around, and somehow think this is the ballsy play and they wrecked town. Equivalent of kicking someone in the nuts

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Defeated by a Saturday, lol.

Leelou is right, Spoot, gotta slow play the final day and let everybody weigh in.  My fault for not making that clear before leaving Friday evening.  gg though

@scum:  pussies, though JiF surprised me with how he didn't self destruct as scum - good work

Most would argue that the Saturday saved you from being embarrassed. 

So not to be a downer, but an hour ago I found out my most recent ex was reported missing:  http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20160222/news/160229976

Last spoke with her in mid-January.  Freaking out right now.  Her Dad is the sheriff of a neighboring county, so I'm sure they're exhausting every possible resource to find her.  But I can't help but think the worst.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Reading town tells is valuable. I'm with you on that, but that's not what the criticism was of.

The criticism is specifically about the act of bracketing people into a group of "townies", without any investigative power guiding you, that you are never going to consider could be fooling you, never going to vote, and going to adamantly defend when they get pressured - which STIFLES activity and windows for scum hunting, is bad play. You weren't doing this, it was mostly 80 and Brett.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

In my case, I meant every word. I'd have been just as irritated by it if I were part of the town... so that's why I said it, to sound like part of the town.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Dude, don't be a douchebag.  My list went from being reasonable, to solid, to dead accurate.....all within the time I needed to win the game.  But we had a new player who had not yet learned the lesson of slow playing.  It happens, well done for recognizing the opportunity and capitalizing.

I would have destroyed you. In fact, and it's up to @CTM if he wants to vouch for me, but I told him flat out I was hoping for a challenge. I didn't expect it to be so easy. Nobody "took advantage" of a noob. Here. I expected to have to fight to make it work, which is why I put the work in to structure all of my arguments around all of my play since D1 making sense with what I'd done... the goal was to lean on the improbability that I'd play the entire game in a way that supports a fake reveal, as well as the improbability of JIF/Ape mirroring each others play the whole way. 

Worst case, I would have had to bus JIF. More likely case, I make you have a meltdown, and still get Spoot to vote you after a day of demoralizing you.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Lol, this. They took advantage of a noob on a weekend when no one was around, and somehow think this is the ballsy play and they wrecked town. Equivalent of kicking someone in the nuts

Shhhh... Brett, you were our best weapon. 

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Most would argue that the Saturday saved you from being embarrassed. 

If that's what you'd like to believe, have at it.  I read the DT - they all saw you were obv scum.  If you wanted a challenge, you would have not tried to push my lynch over the weekend.

So I'd say your "most" there is not entirely accurate.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So not to be a downer, but an hour ago I found out my most recent ex was reported missing:  http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20160222/news/160229976

Last spoke with her in mid-January.  Freaking out right now.  Her Dad is the sheriff of a neighboring county, so I'm sure they're exhausting every possible resource to find her.  But I can't help but think the worst.

Damn dude, sorry to hear this.  Hope everything works out all right.

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry dude hoping for the best

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's scary! I hope everything works out!

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for her. 

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Holy hell dude.  That is awful.

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hoping for the best man.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow. That's scary. Even I'm not a big enough of dick to try and make a joke--which is my normal status quo.

I hope all turns out okay.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Wow. That's scary. Even I'm not a big enough of dick to try and make a joke--which is my normal status quo.

I hope all turns out okay.

Yeah man.  Even though she's an ex things ended amicably and she's a great girl.  This sucks.  Hope they find her and she's okay.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Horrible situation. Hoping for the best... 

50 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Very gallant of you to come rescue your girlfriend from his/her douchebaggery

I carried him through the game, why not carry him now?

37 minutes ago, Verbal said:

If that's what you'd like to believe, have at it.  I read the DT - they all saw you were obv scum.  If you wanted a challenge, you would have not tried to push my lynch over the weekend.

So I'd say your "most" there is not entirely accurate.

I didn't need to convince the dead thread, I only needed to convince Spoot or Leelou. 

I did that.

If you planned on arguing as well as you take losing, then I think it's a foregone conclusion. The reason we kept you alive is because we didn't fear you, or respect your game. There was never a moment where I thought you might out-argue me. If you read the DT, the better play was to try and get Spoot lynched. I chose you instead. I thought it would be a much more entertaining spectacle.

You know what's a more entertaining spectacle than drubbing you in an argument? 

Blind lynching you ftw, and then shaming you for being a sore loser.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I carried him through the game, why not carry him now?

I didn't need to convince the dead thread, I only needed to convince Spoot or Leelou. 

I did that.

If you planned on arguing as well as you take losing, then I think it's a foregone conclusion. The reason we kept you alive is because we didn't fear you, or respect your game. There was never a moment where I thought you might out-argue me. If you read the DT, the better play was to try and get Spoot lynched. I chose you instead. I thought it would be a much more entertaining spectacle.

You know what's a more entertaining spectacle than drubbing you in an argument? 

Blind lynching you ftw, and then shaming you for being a sore loser.

I was actually saying gg before JiF went d-bag mode.  That was not being a sore loser, so **** off.  I have never insulted your game, so to do that now just shows how much of an a$$hole you are.

18 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I was actually saying gg before JiF went d-bag mode.  That was not being a sore loser, so **** off.  I have never insulted your game, so to do that now just shows how much of an a$$hole you are.

Your first post after losing was that you lost to a Saturday, not our play.

then you called us pussies.

you're right... All class.

24 minutes ago, Verbal said:

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Your first post after losing was that you lost to a Saturday, not our play.

then you called us pussies.

you're right... All class.

How about you both shut up and we get a new game going, ok?!?! We can finish off this slap fight in that thread

Archived