Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

1. I don't take it as a compliment, I think it's scum tactic to use the lynch angle of "he's either scum or just playing really poorly"

2. Fair, but I didn't think of that angle when I unvoted since I know I'm town. The theory that that was coordinated be Leelou and I is sooooo unlikely that there are much better angles to take on D2.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/4387012.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I don't take it as a compliment, I think it's scum tactic to use the lynch angle of "he's either scum or just playing really poorly"

2. Fair, but I didn't think of that angle when I unvoted since I know I'm town. The theory that that was coordinated be Leelou and I is sooooo unlikely that there are much better angles to take on D2.

1. That's not a scum tactic. Townies use that reasoning all the time. Also, you're the one that introduced the "playing poorly" element, in using it to describe yourself. So, let me get this straight, are you now suggesting I'm scum? 

2. Well, that's the crux of getting us to believe you... that's it's "sooooooo unlikely". Another wifom, basically.

19 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yes, but that's because you're a dumbass.  If you are faced with a random, you consolidate to the leading train.  That we didn't secure a lynch makes me thing the leading train was scum and the mafia team was happy with a random being that the alternative was one of their own.

So, was Leelou the leading train? I thought you said you were moving her into your town color.... oh, did you say that during night phase or as part of D1?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

1. That's not a scum tactic. Townies use that reasoning all the time. Also, you're the one that introduced the "playing poorly" element, in using it to describe yourself. So, let me get this straight, are you now suggesting I'm scum? 

2. Well, that's the crux of getting us to believe you... that's it's "sooooooo unlikely". Another wifom, basically.

1. It is a scum tactic, it sets you up for lynching a townie because when I flip you can say "oh well he was just playing so terrible" I am suggesting the possibility that you are scum, based off of that statement.

2. I look at it in terms of odds. How likely is it that Leelou and I ran that as a gambit? 100:1? 20:1? 5:1? All those are worse than the odds of just lynching scum randomly (probably 7:2?). It's a bad play. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You stopped?

Touche, my chest-thumping friend.

Not really stopped, but shifted the allocation of resources a bit from jerkiness to attempted actual play. I should go back to pure jerkiness. Suits me better; at least for the time being.

1. It is a scum tactic, it sets you up for lynching a townie because when I flip you can say "oh well he was just playing so terrible" I am suggesting the possibility that you are scum, based off of that statement.

2. I look at it in terms of odds. How likely is it that Leelou and I ran that as a gambit? 100:1? 20:1? 5:1? All those are worse than the odds of just lynching scum randomly (probably 7:2?). It's a bad play. 

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/4387278.jpg

Except I didn't say it, I said I don't believe you are stupid, I believe you are scum. I didn't phrase it as "he's either scum or dumb", and therefore am not insulating my play. I'm accusing you and Leelou of coordinating a ballsy scum play. I don't think I'm wrong.

You trying to spin it like this and suddenly now thinking I'm scum is both OMGUS and reinforcement to the conclusion I've reached. 

Odds don't apply to a situation like that. Stupid to even suggest it. No one can put odds on the chemistry of scum mates, how threatened they feel, how willing to try something ballsy they are... for example, my Sensor claim wasn't necessary when I did it, but it was ballsy and fun. The team agreed. The only thing I see is that Leelou was getting consolidated on close to deadline, and in a game with likely 2 scum, something perfect happened for her not to die, and you facilitated it, then you extrapolated it further to deem her town.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

OMGUS???

30 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

o rly?

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

OMGUS???

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I think you see terms and themes and theories in mafia and try to repeat them but you dont actually know wtf you're talking about.

lmfao

JiF, I think he's calling for help:

Ouch, My Gay, Underdeveloped Scrotum

Someone should help him.

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, was Leelou the leading train? I thought you said you were moving her into your town color.... oh, did you say that during night phase or as part of D1?

I think Spoot was the leading train before the CFD almost happened on Leelou.  But that was with a questionable # of people available - there were enough to hammer Spoot much earlier (before I left work).  I didn't get back on until N1, so yes - me moving Leelou up was a comment made after D1.

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Except I didn't say it, I said I don't believe you are stupid, I believe you are scum. I didn't phrase it as "he's either scum or dumb", and therefore am not insulating my play. I'm accusing you and Leelou of coordinating a ballsy scum play. I don't think I'm wrong.

You trying to spin it like this and suddenly now thinking I'm scum is both OMGUS and reinforcement to the conclusion I've reached. 

Odds don't apply to a situation like that. Stupid to even suggest it. No one can put odds on the chemistry of scum mates, how threatened they feel, how willing to try something ballsy they are... for example, my Sensor claim wasn't necessary when I did it, but it was ballsy and fun. The team agreed. The only thing I see is that Leelou was getting consolidated on close to deadline, and in a game with likely 2 scum, something perfect happened for her not to die, and you facilitated it, then you extrapolated it further to deem her town.

I think you are projecting what you would do as scum in the situation. Brett may very well be scum, but I know I'm town. I was serious, I'd rather have lynched myself than it go to random. I know I'm vt. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Only one way to find out... this theory would connect Leelou and Brett, which I try to avoid doing.

Alternative theory: I'm wrong about them, and you just showed your ass.

You were connecting people together left and right as town just a few games back.  You do it often in fact.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Yes, but that's because you're a dumbass.  If you are faced with a random, you consolidate to the leading train.  That we didn't secure a lynch makes me thing the leading train was scum and the mafia team was happy with a random being that the alternative was one of their own.

blind > random because there wasnt the ability to consolidate.  That's the point.  If 80 had a brain, we would have lynched Spoot and had something to build off.  Now, we're down 2 with really nothing really concrete to work off, like a vote history to analyze for example. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

You were connecting people together left and right as town just a few games back.  You do it often in fact.

blind > random because there wasnt the ability to consolidate.  That's the point.  If 80 had a brain, we would have lynched Spoot and had something to build off.  Now, we're down 2 with really nothing really concrete to work off, like a vote history to analyze for example. 

We could have lynched Spoot earlier, though - that's my point.  The CFD sh*t only works when there are several active players at deadline.  As we did not have that, just leaving votes where they are would have made it a likely Spoot lynch.  And if he was town, then we'd still have several people on record voting (or refusing to vote) him.  Now we have excuses about traffic and not being available, and only the Ape's excuse is legit.  All others could have been avoided if we didn't try to get fancy near a deadline.

Simple as that, dude.

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

We could have lynched Spoot earlier, though - that's my point.  The CFD sh*t only works when there are several active players at deadline.  As we did not have that, just leaving votes where they are would have made it a likely Spoot lynch.  And if he was town, then we'd still have several people on record voting (or refusing to vote) him.  Now we have excuses about traffic and not being available, and only the Ape's excuse is legit.  All others could have been avoided if we didn't try to get fancy near a deadline.

Simple as that, dude.

I've already blamed 80.  He's an absolute tard for what he did.  

I just went back and read those pages around the deadline too.

Brett flailing like a mother.  Back and forth, back and forth.  And on numerous occasions he said he preferred the random lynch.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've already blamed 80.  He's an absolute tard for what he did.  

I just went back and read those pages around the deadline too.

Brett flailing like a mother.  Back and forth, back and forth.  And on numerous occasions he said he preferred the random lynch.

But you're voting me........?

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Simple as that, dude.

CFD?

Consolidate something something?

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

But you're voting me........?

haha.  I was about to move to Bret but was doing a reread real quick.

Leelou just did.

I'm not going put him L-1.  I'll let him talk and defend but I'll post some of the sh*t that is sticking out about his play.

Where you at?  You've been swiss today.  I'm not done suspecting you...just Bret seems a little more scummy right now.

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Reeeeealllllly doubt Spoot is scum, and am not really willing to lynch Verbal or Leelou yet.  Hallia is a good lynch IMO. 

20 hours ago, StraightCash said:

vote Leelou

if Spoot was scum he would have been coached on a reveal, not taken so off guard by my question.

20 hours ago, Leelou said:

I'm vanilla town. 

20 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Vote Count

Verbal(2) - JiF, Ape

80(1) - Hallia

Leelou(3) - CTM, Spoot, Brett

Spoot(2) - Leelou, Verbal

Hallia(1) - 80

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:

click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_145578501454

Are you willing to lynch Leelou? She's closer, they both claimed VT,  and she's scummier

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blah.  I'd prefer not to, since I'm fairly sure she's town, but obviously its preferable to random.

I'm the same with Hallia, I'll lynch her to avoid random but prefer Leelou. I think she's selling out on Spoot and I'm pretty confident he's town

19 hours ago, StraightCash said:

I left Jif and ape off intentionally. if you are serious, vote yourself now and let 80 hammer you 

19 hours ago, Leelou said:

unvote, vote Leelou

Ugh..... If this is a scum play it's a good one. 

Fine. Vote Hallia 

It's really hard to follow this because 80 and Bret are some serious tards.  But none of this makes any sense.

There is more...

Spoots vanilla town reveal was so sloppy there is no way he would have been so unprepared if he was in a QT

19 hours ago, CTM said:

brett if this was a reaction test you made it very easy for her to pass you dumbass. Shoulda waited a bit

If shes' scum and you are town you just won ScumMvp, despite what Ape is likely to do to the game later if left alive

I didn't want someone to come hammer her since it made me believe she was town. Putting herself at L1 at all was a big enough risk in my mind

19 hours ago, CTM said:

you left her there for like 60 seconds, with only 80 on and not voting her

who could be her team mate for all we know

The response was all I cared about. If she was scum I would have suspected "we still have an hour, id still like to lynch Spoot so I want to see if anyone else will chime in" etc etc

19 hours ago, CTM said:

yes but you made it easy... you prodded her to do it and then instantly let her off the hook

Ridiculous. If beating the D1 deadline means someone has to vote themselves because not enough people show up... I'd rather just go random and watch the world burn

And then CTM grills him for being a dumbass to the point he drops this doozie. 

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

I'm VT, let my last stand be that I think Ape and Jif have made a very careful coordinated attack on me today. Jif has been throwing shade without a vote on me, but it's coming. Leelous vote makes me sad because I know she's town but she is falling for it

lol -pathetic.  

How do you know she's town? 

Archived