Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I accuse you of a slip, you accuse me of a slip. Really original.

Let's go over this one last time. 

At no point did you express thoughts of me being scum.

I voted you.

You responded by saying that my comment was that you were "scum or dumb" and that's a scum tactic, and now you think I'm scum. I said, it's not a scum tactic, townies make that comment all the time. I also made it perfectly clear that I am NOT suggesting you are scum or dumb - which you continue to ignore, because if you admit I didn't say it, you have no premise at all for your manufactured defense. I believe you are scum. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I don't feel as though I need an "excuse" for voting you. I'm voting you for my case, my case is what I stand behind. You said it is a scum tactic, and that it's a way of lynching another townie, or something to that effect. I asked you to explain what other townie. You started saying I'm hedging instead.

I asked you repeatedly to explain the "kill a townie" thing, you continued to say I'm hedging. Now, finally, you're trying to make them one and the same, so it doesn't appear as though you were avoiding the explanation. 

They are not one and the same. Was I hedging, or was I "setting up a townie lynch". 

All of this gets into the semantics of a defense centered on something I didn't even say. Brett's not even defending the case against him, he has created a peripheral argument to try and "win". I'm not bickering any further, because it's these peripheral arguments that I entertain that end up drowning out the actual finer points of my case.

Brett is scum.

So I said "a" townie? Or "another" townie? There's a big difference there 

you built this whole argument against me based on "another townie", like it was some slip that I know you are town. It was really just "a" townie, which was me suggesting you set up a lynch on myself 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is the closest that I found to what he might be talking about:

I think you were speaking in general terms about "a townie", essentially referring to yourself.

I'm still not entirely sure about what Ape meant about you specifically saying "another townie".

Yea, that's the post. So he said "a townie" instead of "another townie".

The term "sets up" implies that it would be a move that comes after Brett's lynch, and "a townie" implies he's not talking about himself, because he'd have to dead from the first part anyway.

So, not for one second did I think he was referring to himself there.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, that's the post. So he said "a townie" instead of "another townie".

The term "sets up" implies that it would be a move that comes after Brett's lynch, and "a townie" implies he's not talking about himself, because he'd have to dead from the first part anyway.

So, not for one second did I think he was referring to himself there.

Okay, I assumed he was talking about himself there.

Overall, I think there's enough evidence--so to speak--to go off of to justify lynching Brett, but I think I'm trying to read too hard into all the little details. Going back over and reading, there are moments where I think, "yep, Brett is scum", but than there were small moments were I thought, "hmmm, maybe Brett is right about Ape and JiF". I may be assuming too much that each and every argument (scum or townie) is going to be 100% bulletproof.

I think I've made a decision, though, and it's mainly based off of Brett's defense that you were using the "scum or dumb" argument against him, when he did kind of bring it up himself. Ironically, this is eerily similar to the Spoot V Ape & Leelou saga on D1, with me bringing up my past scared play. Eventually, I need to man up, make a decision, and live or die by it.

vote Brett

13 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Ape and Jif. But Ape first

vote Ape

^^^ He caught the whole scum team, but was self-voting... until someone elbowed him in the ribs and told him he should probably vote JIF or Ape, if he wants to look like he has any credibility whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

haha.  I was about to move to Bret but was doing a reread real quick.

Leelou just did.

I'm not going put him L-1.  I'll let him talk and defend but I'll post some of the sh*t that is sticking out about his play.

Where you at?  You've been swiss today.  I'm not done suspecting you...just Bret seems a little more scummy right now.

Dude, you never let go of something this easily.  Never.  Especially not me, since you seem to think you read me so well.  I call bullsh*t on this.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Sorry Bret, this is terrible.  No way you're playing like this as town.

I'll let others chime in but I'm ready to hammer.  

You're quoting Brett so far out of context it is silly.  The "bad feeling" post was Brett clearly joking because he called Nyn "Nae" and then the lynch went random.....he was insinuating that the random would land on his face, lol.  This is garbage from you.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I was willing to lynch you, Leelou or Spoot well in advance of deadline. Again, the town-clearing stalled out every opportunity to case and build trains. That stuff has to play out if we're going to be able to read behavior. Townies town-clearing just makes it super easy for scum to buddy-up and do the same thing. It's really ******* stupid play.

80 town-clearing everyone and Brett probably as scum cheerleading him. Basically allows Brett to dictate who 80 is willing to vote, probably none of which is scum. 

It's like wearing a sandwich board that says "will let you use me for hugs". 

And you......the bold is just wrong.  Clearing yourself as town is a perfectly legit play - you can tell in the way they say it, and the words they use.  I cleared 2 people early in the game, and then added 2 others after.  Are you saying that was a bad idea?  It narrowed my scum pool significantly, so I'd say it is working....especially since my town reads are dying left and right.

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

And you......the bold is just wrong.  Clearing yourself as town is a perfectly legit play - you can tell in the way they say it, and the words they use.  I cleared 2 people early in the game, and then added 2 others after.  Are you saying that was a bad idea?  It narrowed my scum pool significantly, so I'd say it is working....especially since my town reads are dying left and right.

I'm curious; have you cleared me?

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I accuse you of a slip, you accuse me of a slip. Really original.

Let's go over this one last time. 

At no point did you express thoughts of me being scum.

I voted you.

You responded by saying that my comment was that you were "scum or dumb" and that's a scum tactic, and now you think I'm scum. I said, it's not a scum tactic, townies make that comment all the time. I also made it perfectly clear that I am NOT suggesting you are scum or dumb - which you continue to ignore, because if you admit I didn't say it, you have no premise at all for your manufactured defense. I believe you are scum. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I don't feel as though I need an "excuse" for voting you. I'm voting you for my case, my case is what I stand behind. You said it is a scum tactic, and that it's a way of lynching another townie, or something to that effect. I asked you to explain what other townie. You started saying I'm hedging instead.

I asked you repeatedly to explain the "kill a townie" thing, you continued to say I'm hedging. Now, finally, you're trying to make them one and the same, so it doesn't appear as though you were avoiding the explanation. 

They are not one and the same. Was I hedging, or was I "setting up a townie lynch". 

All of this gets into the semantics of a defense centered on something I didn't even say. Brett's not even defending the case against him, he has created a peripheral argument to try and "win". I'm not bickering any further, because it's these peripheral arguments that I entertain that end up drowning out the actual finer points of my case.

Brett is scum.

How in the actual **** does the red bold make any sense with the black bold?

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm curious; have you cleared me?

Very close via process of elimination.  Which would mean my blues and greens were spot on, but my reds and oranges were wrong and needed to be swapped.

No biggie, as my oranges are still suspects, just lesser ones that reds.  Either way, depending on Brett's flip I might change my stance on you.

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Ape, you agreed with me early on that Brett was town.  You were waaaayyyyy too easily moved to vote him.

What do you mean "easily moved"? Nobody influenced my thinking here. I've barely kept up with the game all week. I agreed Brett was coming across townie on D1, making townie points. I also know what Brett went after CTM and dropped some really, really bad logic about how he "knows CTM is town becuase he knows Leelou is town". That made me take notice.

When he opened today with the wifom about CTM's death, that's a very typical scum tell. He immediately leveraged CTM's coroner report to help position himself. So, I went back and looked closer at the deadline CFD as you called it. Last night, when I did my catch up, I skimmed it.

Today, with more time on my hands than I've had for a week, I was able to actually read it closely. The way in which Brett set Leelou up for the self-vote, and then immediately unvoted her to get her out of danger, and then immediately began posturing for "how much risk she was in = she must be town" all felt choreographed and like bullsh*t to me.

This is what I arrived at on my own. Brett tried to make it about me "hedging", but at no point have I hedged here. This is my theory, and I'm riding it out.

Why are you framing me as though you already know Brett is going to flip town?

JiF and/or Ape overextended for this lynch.  If Brett is scum, I'll stfu and chalk this one up to a bad game.  if Brett is town, then they went all-in before they could lock the game, barring any extra kills or something wonky.

Let's see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Brett accused me of saying he's "scum or dumb town", I truncated the statement for ease of repetition. 

I didn't make that statement. I didn't say he's either scum or dumb townie. I just said he's scum. 

I think this is quite clear in my word choice. I'm a little uneasy about how you're already leveraging Brett's lynch against me here though... 

What do you mean "easily moved"? Nobody influenced my thinking here. I've barely kept up with the game all week. I agreed Brett was coming across townie on D1, making townie points. I also know what Brett went after CTM and dropped some really, really bad logic about how he "knows CTM is town becuase he knows Leelou is town". That made me take notice.

When he opened today with the wifom about CTM's death, that's a very typical scum tell. He immediately leveraged CTM's coroner report to help position himself. So, I went back and looked closer at the deadline CFD as you called it. Last night, when I did my catch up, I skimmed it.

Today, with more time on my hands than I've had for a week, I was able to actually read it closely. The way in which Brett set Leelou up for the self-vote, and then immediately unvoted her to get her out of danger, and then immediately began posturing for "how much risk she was in = she must be town" all felt choreographed and like bullsh*t to me.

This is what I arrived at on my own. Brett tried to make it about me "hedging", but at no point have I hedged here. This is my theory, and I'm riding it out.

These are all things that sound incredibly suspicious, dude.  I don't know Brett is going to flip town, but you'll notice I've had him as my very first blue town read since early on, and never moved on that.  So yeah, I think he'll flip town.

And then I'll think you'll flip scum.  I love that I probably caught you less than a dozen posts in on D1 for you.  I'll laugh pretty hard if I'm right on that.

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I had assumed that he was denying Brett's accusation that he was making the "scum or dumb" argument i.e. "if Brett's not scum, then he's just dumb". Instead, Ape seemed pretty confident that Brett was simply scum.

I don't know; made sense to me, but I may be overthinking things. We'll soon see.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I pointed out that you're jumping the gun... 

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

JiF and/or Ape overextended for this lynch.  If Brett is scum, I'll stfu and chalk this one up to a bad game.  if Brett is town, then they went all-in before they could lock the game, barring any extra kills or something wonky.

Let's see what happens. 

You course corrected.

No, you just showed your ass. I'll assume now that Brett will be flipping town, and you're setting up the lynch on me?

So, do I go back to my Verbal + Leelou theory, ala the over-reaction by Leelou to you two being grouped together (same body, or whatever?)

Or, is JIF your mate, that would explain him camping his vote on you all of D1. He likes to bury votes as scum on his mates, for distancing later in the game.

Brett accused me of saying he's "scum or dumb town", I truncated the statement for ease of repetition. 

I didn't make that statement. I didn't say he's either scum or dumb townie. I just said he's scum. 

I think this is quite clear in my word choice. I'm a little uneasy about how you're already leveraging Brett's lynch against me here though... 

You haven't reasonably explained how you went from town to scum in less than a day on him, though.

And I love these statements, as you have no chance of lynching me tomorrow when I'm dialed in like this.  You'll need to NK me tonight, sweetcheeks....

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I pointed out that you're jumping the gun... 

You course corrected.

No, you just showed your ass. I'll assume now that Brett will be flipping town, and you're setting up the lynch on me?

So, do I go back to my Verbal + Leelou theory, ala the over-reaction by Leelou to you two being grouped together (same body, or whatever?)

Or, is JIF your mate, that would explain him camping his vote on you all of D1. He likes to bury votes as scum on his mates, for distancing later in the game.

And here is your final day case, lol.  How have I "course corrected"?  Haha, you're just looking for anything to latch onto for a final case to push a lynch.  I expect a better effort than this, lol.

These are all things that sound incredibly suspicious, dude.  I don't know Brett is going to flip town, but you'll notice I've had him as my very first blue town read since early on, and never moved on that.  So yeah, I think he'll flip town.

And then I'll think you'll flip scum.  I love that I probably caught you less than a dozen posts in on D1 for you.  I'll laugh pretty hard if I'm right on that.

It sounds suspicious that I told you guys before the game I'm busy at work, then I was, until I gave my presentation yesterday, which I also told you guys about, and now today I'm not as busy?

It sounds suspicious that I'm concerned you're setting up a lynch on me based on Brett flipping town, before he actually flips town? Or that you're endorsing his logic that both JIF and I are scum together and went all-in to lynch him?

Just now, Integrity28 said:

It sounds suspicious that I told you guys before the game I'm busy at work, then I was, until I gave my presentation yesterday, which I also told you guys about, and now today I'm not as busy?

It sounds suspicious that I'm concerned you're setting up a lynch on me based on Brett flipping town, before he actually flips town? Or that you're endorsing his logic that both JIF and I are scum together and went all-in to lynch him?

Goofball, have you noticed that I have been calling Brett town since early on?  You're saying I'm course correcting or some sh*t, and showing my ass.  Ha.  I told you I don't know he'll flip town, but my reads make me think he will.  Is that not clear?

Do you plan on trying to further twist my very clear thought process and words into something that you think will make a good final case for tomorrow?  Or are you just going to shoot me tonight and put the nail in your coffin for tomorrow?

I'm pretty excited to find out!

Ape before many games on this site:  I'm gonna have to dial it back, work is busy, yadda yadda.

The rest of us:  yeah ok, you'll still be top poster, lol

Ape as townie in that game:  no words on activity until it's over

Ape as scum in that game:  plenty of "I don't have time" and "I'm busy", "I'm finally getting time to catch up"

;-)

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You haven't reasonably explained how you went from town to scum in less than a day on him, though.

And I love these statements, as you have no chance of lynching me tomorrow when I'm dialed in like this.  You'll need to NK me tonight, sweetcheeks....

I posted a theory on his play, because I don't dub anyone town and just stick to that. I am constantly evaluating. Giving him points for sounding townie early on D1 is just that, giving him points for sounding townie. I've already said this SO many times in this game... sounding townie is more scum's job than it is towns. His immediate defense was OMGUS. I kept my mind open to being wrong, which is evident in the thread, until he stared with Ape is scum and accused me of something I didn't say. His reluctance to be accountable for that accusation, helped fortify my suspicion.

If you read this day, then you read me making up my mind.

I'm not sure why you're acting like there was supposed to be some other point in time where I decided he wasn't town anymore. Should I have gone Brett is town, then I don't think Brett is town but I'm not going to do anything I'll just say it, and then later case him? No. That's absurd. When I stopped feeling like he's town, I cased him with the reasons that led me to feel that way.

As for the NK thing. I have no control over that, but way to continue working on setting up a future lynch... monstrous scum tell there. 

And here is your final day case, lol.  How have I "course corrected"?  Haha, you're just looking for anything to latch onto for a final case to push a lynch.  I expect a better effort than this, lol.

You immediately jumped to setting up my lynch first.

Then, after I pointed out how it shows knowledge of the outcome with Brett, you backpedaled and said "if he's town then..., if he's scum then..."

No townie comes in after a hammer vote and just starts setting up a mislynch based on the coroner report we haven't seen yet. 

Archived