Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, StraightCash said:

Yeah, you probably love it, because you have my number and you beat me like a ******* drum. Bullsh*t

Eh, we all have hot and cold streaks. I'm just helping you knock the rust off...  you'll be in peak form soon enough. 

Just now, Leelou said:

I'm exhausted. I've been up all night with a sick dog, so my tone might be off. Not sure. 

Aw man, poor pooch... hope it runs its course and he/she is alright. I hate when my dog gets sick, I feel so friggin helpless because they can't tell you what's wrong.

Get some rest. 

Damn. It was Ape and JiF. That's one team I thought it could be, but then I thought it'd be too obvious with both of them on Brett. I shoulda listened to Brett, but I think you can all forgive for why I didn't. :P

I'm swayed waayyyy too easy by that damn, dirty Ape. I'm like Jane Goodall with a lady boner every time he grunts in my general direction.

Well played, Ape. Well played.

26 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Spoot. Word of advice, in instances like this, you don't vote right away. You let people actually talk. Scum was obviously rushing the lynch. You need to figure out the timings of how lynches work. 

Yeah, thanks. I'm seriously bipolar playing this game. I'm first waaayyy too cautious, which holds me back from voting, and then to overcompensate I get waaayyy too gung-ho when I think I'm certain and I haphazardly throw my votes out like AVM throwing flower petals at all the wedding guests.

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I get that you're frustrated, but give him a break - he's on his 3rd game, and he IS learning. Part of learning is getting stuff wrong, getting used by scum, etc... hell, I got so used by scum my first YEAR or TWO playing this game, it was maddening for me.

Everyone played very well. 

Thank you for the game Nyn!

I think sometimes I overthink it. I considered you and JiF and one moment, then thought that'd be too ballsy. I pretty much question and am suspicious of everyone in each game. I need to realize that even townies will seem dirty at times. You know what first put JiF on my, for lack of a better word, "radar"? How you kept saying that the cleaner someone looks, the dirtier they are. I noticed that there was little suspicion being thrown JiF's way.

30 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I'm not frustrated, just giving him advice for the future. 

And I appreciate it. ^_^

I'll require some patience. I'm naturally very, very, paranoid and suspicious, which isn't really good for this game. I'll suspect everyone at first, and then when I'm wrong a few times, I'll dial it back and ignore my gut, thinking that I'm just being paranoid. I was close to going after Ape, but I kept convincing myself otherwise.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I think sometimes I overthink it. I considered you and JiF and one moment, then thought that'd be too ballsy. I pretty much question and am suspicious of everyone in each game. I need to realize that even townies will seem dirty at times. You know what first put JiF on my, for lack of a better word, "radar"? How you kept saying that the cleaner someone looks, the dirtier they are. I noticed that there was little suspicion being thrown JiF's way.

Yup. 

If the game had gone differently, and I didn't see a endgame play in sight, I would have eventually had to have gone after JIF with similar reasoning, to put distance between us.

You're doing great though man, just don't play afraid to **** up. That's the worst thing you can do. There's a large part of this game that is instinctual, especially after you've played a while. Playing scared will shroud your instincts.

You've got all the raw ability to be very good at the game. It just takes experience, and unfortunately getting burned a few times.

The term "Scum MVP" as a descriptor for the worst, or most damaging, townie play was actually something made up to describe how bad I was, if I'm not mistaken. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

And I appreciate it. ^_^

I'll require some patience. I'm naturally very, very, paranoid and suspicious, which isn't really good for this game. I'll suspect everyone at first, and then when I'm wrong a few times, I'll dial it back and ignore my gut, thinking that I'm just being paranoid. I was close to going after Ape, but I kept convincing myself otherwise.

I didn't make it easy. I feel like I understand how you process events to form conclusions, so I really went over-the-top to architect my case on Verbal, then the false-claim on top of it... and being able to thread together the final moment with little micro-decisions and comments all the way back to D1, it makes it hard NOT to believe it if done right.

29 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Eh, I had an awful D1 but I was gaining momentum D2. If Leelou and Spoot weren't so trigger happy Verb would have showed up and we would finish you guys off. 

Good game by you guys, played the townies really well

I noticed the way that Ape was going after you seemed very similar to how he first went after me; I even think I mentioned it once. That should've given me enough pause. Neither of us did a good job of defending ourselves. I think my "last stand" was enough to postpone 80's vote on me and buy enough time that he missed the deadline. Then he died.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn't make it easy. I feel like I understand how you process events to form conclusions, so I really went over-the-top to architect my case on Verbal, then the false-claim on top of it... and being able to thread together the final moment with little micro-decisions and comments all the way back to D1, it makes it hard NOT to believe it if done right.

Yeah, in time, I may have noticed that your false claim was a little too convenient.

The one thing that made me go after Verb the most was when he preemptively explained why he wouldn't be NKed. I saw that on my own, and I found it very suspicious. If it wasn't for that, the game still might be going on right now.

Defeated by a Saturday, lol.

Leelou is right, Spoot, gotta slow play the final day and let everybody weigh in.  My fault for not making that clear before leaving Friday evening.  gg though

@scum:  pussies, though JiF surprised me with how he didn't self destruct as scum - good work

Archived