Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Ape before many games on this site:  I'm gonna have to dial it back, work is busy, yadda yadda.

The rest of us:  yeah ok, you'll still be top poster, lol

Ape as townie in that game:  no words on activity until it's over

Ape as scum in that game:  plenty of "I don't have time" and "I'm busy", "I'm finally getting time to catch up"

;-)

I always clearly communicate about my work load. I said to 80 the other day, that it changes so erratically that there's times when I sign up that I say I'm going to be busy, then am not. This weekI was actually busier than I thought I'd be, and I was scheduled for 60 hours of work. My deadline was yesterday, I told you guys I was onsite with client.

I'm not sure why you're bringing this up, seems cheap.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I posted a theory on his play, because I don't dub anyone town and just stick to that. I am constantly evaluating. Giving him points for sounding townie early on D1 is just that, giving him points for sounding townie. I've already said this SO many times in this game... sounding townie is more scum's job than it is towns. His immediate defense was OMGUS. I kept my mind open to being wrong, which is evident in the thread, until he stared with Ape is scum and accused me of something I didn't say. His reluctance to be accountable for that accusation, helped fortify my suspicion.

If you read this day, then you read me making up my mind.

I'm not sure why you're acting like there was supposed to be some other point in time where I decided he wasn't town anymore. Should I have gone Brett is town, then I don't think Brett is town but I'm not going to do anything I'll just say it, and then later case him? No. That's absurd. When I stopped feeling like he's town, I cased him with the reasons that led me to feel that way.

As for the NK thing. I have no control over that, but way to continue working on setting up a future lynch... monstrous scum tell there. 

You immediately jumped to setting up my lynch first.

Then, after I pointed out how it shows knowledge of the outcome with Brett, you backpedaled and said "if he's town then..., if he's scum then..."

No townie comes in after a hammer vote and just starts setting up a mislynch based on the coroner report we haven't seen yet. 

Sure they do, but not a mislynch.  You and JiF overextended - I see this all the time on DM.  Hell, I called people out for it in the Champs game last year, and I was right then, too.

Also, sounding townie is easy for scum.  Sounding genuine is the hard part.  You're totally missing that point here.  You can harp all you want about it, but it is super hard to fake genuine, and I read Brett as genuine.

So I guess we'll see. ;-)

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I always clearly communicate about my work load. I said to 80 the other day, that it changes so erratically that there's times when I sign up that I say I'm going to be busy, then am not. This weekI was actually busier than I thought I'd be, and I was scheduled for 60 hours of work. My deadline was yesterday, I told you guys I was onsite with client.

I'm not sure why you're bringing this up, seems cheap.

Don't even think about using that angle.  I have a ******* meltdown buried deep from that game where Nolder and I nailed you as scum, but you ended up having me hard clear you due to something you posted.  I never looked at you the same way again in a game, and you taught me a dearly needed lesson that day.  I thank you for that, but let's not bring up "cheap" plays.

Ok, back to calling each other dumb and stuff. :-)

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Don't even think about using that angle.  I have a ******* meltdown buried deep from that game where Nolder and I nailed you as scum, but you ended up having me hard clear you due to something you posted.  I never looked at you the same way again in a game, and you taught me a dearly needed lesson that day.  I thank you for that, but let's not bring up "cheap" plays.

Ok, back to calling each other dumb and stuff. :-)

I know what you're talking about and told you then, don't do that.

I am always consistent about communicating my workload to you guys. More so than I really should be, to be honest.

Meanwhile.... at the ophthalmologist...

"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but you're ******* blind."

"You sure, doc?"

"Pretty ******* sure."

"How sure?"

"As sure as I am of my name NOT being ******* Nae."

"Sounds pretty sure."

"**** yeah..... However, there is one way I ca be really ******* sure."

"Oh?"

Brett screamed in horror as his eyes were pulled out of their sockets, tearing his optic nerves and severing his nervous system. He dropped to the floor, choking on his own saliva, convulsing violently and soiling himself. 

"Yeah, you're ******* blind, alright."

Brett was...

Mind numbingly annoying  :P.... but also....

POS Smurf, Vanilla Townie

40 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Dude, you never let go of something this easily.  Never.  Especially not me, since you seem to think you read me so well.  I call bullsh*t on this.

You're quoting Brett so far out of context it is silly.  The "bad feeling" post was Brett clearly joking because he called Nyn "Nae" and then the lynch went random.....he was insinuating that the random would land on his face, lol.  This is garbage from you.

Sure I do.  I've been on you for an entire day getting no traction.

Ape posted something about Bret that caught my attention.  It made me go back and reread.  He looked awful toward the end there.  I didnt think that comment was a joke.  It seemed serious especially since he was all over the ******* place.  Not willing to vote this person, unvoting that person, wanting a random lynch, then not wanting a random lynch. You are still on very much on my list.  Bret just made more sense today with the way he showed his ass yesterday when the deadline approached.

This is garbage from you.  Scumbag.

Just wait until Bret flips scum and you're sucking from my nipple before you tell me what is bull sh*t.  

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sure I do.  I've been on you for an entire day getting no traction.

Ape posted something about Bret that caught my attention.  It made me go back and reread.  He looked awful toward the end there.  I didnt think that comment was a joke.  It seemed serious especially since he was all over the ******* place.  Not willing to vote this person, unvoting that person, wanting a random lynch, then not wanting a random lynch. You are still on very much on my list.  Bret just made more sense today with the way he showed his ass yesterday when the deadline approached.

This is garbage from you.  Scumbag.

Just wait until Bret flips scum and you're sucking from my nipple before you tell me what is bull sh*t.  

Mmmhmmmm.....tell me more, but slower.

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Should have stuck with Verb.

Mother ****er.

LOL

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Damn it!!!

******* Verb.

Predictable.

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Verb and Ape.  That was all contrived bull sh*t.  They knew he'd flip town.

They ******* prodded me into this...

Well, this is good!  You agree with me that Ape is clearly scum.  So I'm expecting you to vote him with me tomorrow then, right?

On 2/18/2016 at 0:09 PM, Verbal said:

80 - town 1x Cop

Brett - vanilla town

CTM - vanilla town

Ape

Leelou

JiF

Hallia

Spoot

My last posted reads list, with added flips.  My most townie reads are all dead.  I'm ready to clear a few people and make my somewhat final reads list.

Leelou

Spoot

Hallia

JiF

Ape

If there are 3 scum, it has to be Hallia.  If there are 2 scum, it can't be Hallia.  I don't even know if I can explain why that feels right to me, but it does.  Leelou moved to green based on EOD1, but I'm moving her to blue and clearing based on POE - same with Spoot.

Hallia moves up to orange because of the above weird theory, and that leaves the 2 boneheads as scum.  Both overextended like crazy today to secure a Brett lynch.

This game is easy.

No way scum shoots me tonight, as I'm the only chance they have at a mislynch, even though they won't get it.  They won't shoot Spoot, because they think he'll be the easiest to manipulate.  They might shoot Hallia as the wildcard, but my guess is they shoot Leelou.

Maybe my "snuggling" will come in handy tonight.

wink wink

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Sure they do, but not a mislynch.  You and JiF overextended - I see this all the time on DM.  Hell, I called people out for it in the Champs game last year, and I was right then, too.

Also, sounding townie is easy for scum.  Sounding genuine is the hard part.  You're totally missing that point here.  You can harp all you want about it, but it is super hard to fake genuine, and I read Brett as genuine.

So I guess we'll see. ;-)

This isn't DM, or that goofball champs game. You know damn-well we outclass those people, and that what you're suggesting is ******* ridiculous. 

JIF and Ape both scum? They went all-in, in a non-endgame scenario? To take out Brett, who now knowing his alignment, was more helpful to scum.

None of this is feasible with experienced players. You're manufacturing quite the narrative, because if you look at the landscape of who is left... Leelou, Spoot, JIF, Hallia and me... and consider how impressionable they are, I'm the only challenge left.

Me leading Brett's lynch created an opportunity for you to frame me, but you 100% jumped the gun by framing me before Brett even flipped. You've been doing damage control on that since I pointed it out.

Brett's death did help. I hate being wrong, but it opened this bitch right up.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Verb and Ape.  That was all contrived bull sh*t.  They knew he'd flip town.

They ******* prodded me into this...

Don't be ******* paranoid.

Verb, yes. He ****ed up, he knew Brett's alignment before the death scene and tried to use it to set up my lynch. Setting up next days lynches = scum tell. Knowing someone's alignment before the mod reveals it = scum confirmed.

Me, no. You're wrong.

44 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Leelou

Spoot

Hallia

JiF

Ape

If there are 3 scum, it has to be Hallia.  If there are 2 scum, it can't be Hallia.  I don't even know if I can explain why that feels right to me, but it does.  Leelou moved to green based on EOD1, but I'm moving her to blue and clearing based on POE - same with Spoot.

Hallia moves up to orange because of the above weird theory, and that leaves the 2 boneheads as scum.  Both overextended like crazy today to secure a Brett lynch.

This game is easy.

If there were 3 scum, then game ends with a successful NK. This comes across as fear mongering. Yet... 

42 minutes ago, Verbal said:

No way scum shoots me tonight, as I'm the only chance they have at a mislynch, even though they won't get it.  They won't shoot Spoot, because they think he'll be the easiest to manipulate.  They might shoot Hallia as the wildcard, but my guess is they shoot Leelou.

Maybe my "snuggling" will come in handy tonight.

wink wink

42 minutes ago, Verbal said:

^ that's all WIFOM, of course - I ain't no Doc

It doesn't seem like you considered that in your grandstanding to pretend this "is Verbal the doc" wifom is why you'll survive the night.

Assuming there's only 2 scum, my best bets for scum team are (in no particular order):

Ape & Leelou

JiF & Leelou

Verb & Leelou

Verb & JiF

I don't think it's Ape & JiF, cause that seems too obvious for both scum to be on Brett's train. I didn't think it'd be Verb, though, because he seemed genuine in wanting to wait to hammer Brett until he could catch up. Then he said this:

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Presaging his not getting NKed because why would scum NK themselves?

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Assuming there's only 2 scum, my best bets for scum team are (in no particular order):

Ape & Leelou

JiF & Leelou

Verb & Leelou

Verb & JiF

I don't think it's Ape & JiF, cause that seems too obvious for both scum to be on Brett's train. I didn't think it'd be Verb, though, because he seemed genuine in wanting to wait to hammer Brett until he could catch up. Then he said this:

Presaging his not getting NKed because why would scum NK themselves?

No, buddy. That's called grandstanding. 

He knew Brett was town, and that is the towniest town town thing he could do there. "Wait you guys, let's think this through!!!"

Archived