Trade for Goff

Powpow

Tennessee is taking Tunsil so there's no need to go after the # 1 pick.  Browns are idiots and that trend will continue and they will select Wentz over Goff.  Next up is our trading partner: The San Diego Chargers.  The Chargers defense is hurting and they're projected to take a DT DeForest Buckner.  Enter The New York Jets with an offer they can't refuse .  Jets move up to the #3 spot and select Jared Goff QB California.    We send them Wilkerson, our #1 in 2016 and our #1 in 2107. That values out pretty well on the NFL Draft Pick Value Calculator. Pick 3 worth 2200. Pick 20 worth 850.  In essense, the Chargers get 3 #1's: This year (850), next year (estimate 600 to 850) and Wilkerson, who was a former # 1 and was picked somewhere around 20 and has established himself as a dominant DT.  While Mo is one of the favorite players on the team, our DL is packed with talent, expecting pay days across the board and we desperately need a franchise QB so what better way to procure one and, in turn, resolve the glut the DL presents on the payroll.   Sooner rather than later, a GM has to grow some balls and make a bold move and get this team a franchise QB.  

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Tennessee is taking Tunsil so there's no need to go after the # 1 pick.  Browns are idiots and that trend will continue and they will select Wentz over Goff.  Next up is our trading partner: The San Diego Chargers.  The Chargers defense is hurting and they're projected to take a DT DeForest Buckner.  Enter The New York Jets with an offer they can't refuse .  Jets move up to the #3 spot and select Jared Goff QB California.    We send them Wilkerson, our #1 in 2016 and our #1 in 2107. That values out pretty well on the NFL Draft Pick Value Calculator. Pick 3 worth 2200. Pick 20 worth 850.  In essense, the Chargers get 3 #1's: This year (850), next year (estimate 600 to 850) and Wilkerson, who was a former # 1 and was picked somewhere around 20 and has established himself as a dominant DT.  While Mo is one of the favorite players on the team, our DL is packed with talent, expecting pay days across the board and we desperately need a franchise QB so what better way to procure one and, in turn, resolve the glut the DL presents on the payroll.   Sooner rather than later, a GM has to grow some balls and make a bold move and get this team a franchise QB.  

Like the idea, but wrong QB, you do this for Wentz.

I am In love with 3 QBs in this draft  in different rounds :

Wentz - 1st round

Hackenberg - Late 1st early 2nd

Brissett  -  Late 3rd early 4th

I would date 2 :

Cook

Lynch

Could turn my head :

Goff

Jones

Woodruff

Thrown out of my Bed :

Dax Prescott

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No way I trade for Goff. Don't care how hard Mayock blows him, he's not as risk free as they're letting on. He could be a major INT machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So WHO IS risk free?  Has there ever been ANYONE risk free?  There are no guarantees with anyone, just educated assumptions versus ill advised wishful thinking.  

14 hours ago, Powpow said:

So WHO IS risk free?  Has there ever been ANYONE risk free?  There are no guarantees with anyone, just educated assumptions versus ill advised wishful thinking.  

Ok? Anyway.... It's amazing how blind people are to Goff's decision making and poor throws under duress. I don't like. You can like it if you want. You can like it so much that you can start a thread about trading up for him... meanwhile i'll continue to be unsettled about his future. The Cutler is strong with that one. 

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ok? Anyway.... It's amazing how blind people are to Goff's decision making and poor throws under duress. I don't like. You can like it if you want. You can like it so much that you can start a thread about trading up for him... meanwhile i'll continue to be unsettled about his future. The Cutler is strong with that one. 

Jay cutler is a good Qb who has had to suffer with some utterly terrible teams imo.  for a couple of his years the bears had the worst olines in the league.  You do have a point but it's tough to know which QB's with the gun slinger mentality can end up mitigating mistakes at the pro level via coaching vs those that can't.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jay cutler is a good Qb who has had to suffer with some utterly terrible teams imo.  for a couple of his years the bears had the worst olines in the league.  You do have a point but it's tough to know which QB's with the gun slinger mentality can end up mitigating mistakes at the pro level via coaching vs those that can't.

Agreed, that's why I mentioned Cutler. He's talented and makes eye popping throws all the time... He's not sh*t machine like Cassel or Weeden... But Cutler also has shown a propensity to make poor decisions and dumb throws. Put him on DEN last year and they would have steam rolled to an 16-0 season and a Super Bowl... but him behind a suspect oline and porous defense, and you end up with a QB who's made zero playoff appearances. 

Enter Goff. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I did start a thread about trading for him. And you didn't answer the question - Who is risk free, which is the argument you brought up against Goff.  Regardless, whether you think Wentz is the better QB  is a moot point. The Browns will pick him 2nd because everyone is all GaGa GooGoo over his size and arm strength.  Goff is the better QB, hands down.  He outperformed Wentz at the combine. Wentz is a guy who played against inferior competition his entire collegiate career.  Goff has played against top flight competition for 4 years and has broken school records that were once held by a guy named Aaron Rogers who didn't go until 22 in the draft because he was a 'risk'.   And bringing a guy like Cutler into this conversation is like appointing Donald trump Secretary of State.   

2 minutes ago, Powpow said:

I did start a thread about trading for him. And you didn't answer the question - Who is risk free, which is the argument you brought up against Goff.  Regardless, whether you think Wentz is the better QB  is a moot point. The Browns will pick him 2nd because everyone is all GaGa GooGoo over his size and arm strength.  Goff is the better QB, hands down.  He outplayed performed Wentz at the combine. Wentz is a guy who played against inferior competition his entire collegiate career.  Goff has played against top flight competition for 4 years and has broken school records that were once held by a guy named Aaron Rogers who didn't go until 22 in the draft because he was a 'risk'.   And bringing a guy like Cutler into this conversation is like appointing Donald trump Secretary of State.   

I appreciate the energy you're bringing to the table, but i think you're misunderstanding me... They're all risks. You have to score Andrew Luck caliber dynamite to say things like - he's a lock at QB. That's pretty rare. I'm not opposed to risk, I just don't happen to feel great about Goff's risks. If he was there at 20, i would probably pull the trigger. I wouldn't trade up for him though. Way too many Cutler-esque bone headed throws. Just bad decisions. I've seen it in tough games vs Utah and USC and lesser games against Colorado. He's not small flaw, it's there all the time. That makes me nervous. 

I have Paxton Lynch as the #1 QB in this group. He wasn't groomed in the same manner playing the same teams that Goff did, but what i do know is i trust his visions, his decision making and his ability to play through pressure. Goff vs Lynch when the pocket collapses isn't even a contest. It's Lynch by a country mile. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You have watched him more than me obviously, how is his pocket presence?

Not good under pressure. And i even saw it brought up this weekend. My two biggest problems with Goff are his decision making under pressure, and when he seemingly forces the ball down field into good coverage. There's a lot i like about Goff, but those two things aren't like - "oh we can just work his footwork". So I dunno... that's above my pay grade to gauge level of concern. 

When he's comfortable and their humming along, yea - he's pretty fun to watch. Everything's "in rhythm" there at Cal. When he throws the ball on time, it's usually sex. Which is why he was my fav QB going into the season. I would still take him @20 in a heartbeat. One game i really liked was against Texas. That was the best mistake free Goff i've seen and i'd hope we'd be able to get that guy if we drafted.

Also, (really dragging out this response now) I would like to credit him with not making redzone mistakes. He was always smart with the ball inside the 20, which is hopefully some thing to suggest he can be coached out of those habits. 

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

I appreciate the energy you're bringing to the table, but i think you're misunderstanding me... They're all risks. You have to score Andrew Luck caliber dynamite to say things like - he's a lock at QB. That's pretty rare. I'm not opposed to risk, I just don't happen to feel great about Goff's risks. If he was there at 20, i would probably pull the trigger. I wouldn't trade up for him though. Way too many Cutler-esque bone headed throws. Just bad decisions. I've seen it in tough games vs Utah and USC and lesser games against Colorado. He's not small flaw, it's there all the time. That makes me nervous. 

I have Paxton Lynch as the #1 QB in this group. He wasn't groomed in the same manner playing the same teams that Goff did, but what i do know is i trust his visions, his decision making and his ability to play through pressure. Goff vs Lynch when the pocket collapses isn't even a contest. It's Lynch by a country mile. 

I'll give that to you. I haven't really seen either of them play much. I kind of go thru general consensus and am frustrated with ions of mediocre QB's that this organization has settled for.    I did see Goff in the comeback win over Arizona and was highly impressed.  When the kid gets hot, he's unstoppable, fearless and relentless.  He just reminds me a lot of Joe Montana.

I don't want to trade up for Goff either, but I think he is the best QB in the draft. I actually really like his pocket composure when it gets messy in there, he does a nice job of shuffling around and stepping up in the pocket. 

The concerns regarding the forced throws are, IMO, a bit overblown. I watched a couple of Cal games this year and his offensive line was complete garbage. The forced throws were when those games were already getting out of hand and they needed to put up points ASAP. 

15 hours ago, Powpow said:

I'll give that to you. I haven't really seen either of them play much. I kind of go thru general consensus and am frustrated with ions of mediocre QB's that this organization has settled for.    I did see Goff in the comeback win over Arizona and was highly impressed.  When the kid gets hot, he's unstoppable, fearless and relentless.  He just reminds me a lot of Joe Montana.

There's lots to like about him, and you're right - when he's on, he's ON... i would get on board the second we selected him one way or the other... but i just feel there's other options... but god damn it, we need to go get somebody. I don't want to be staring down 2017 with a regressed Fitz, and a meddling Petty as our options. 

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

There's lots to like about him, and you're right - when he's on, he's ON... i would get on board the second we selected him one way or the other... but i just feel there's other options... but god damn it, we need to go get somebody. I don't want to be staring down 2017 with a regressed Fitz, and a meddling Petty as our options. 

Pretty much feel the same way.  Bottom line is the top 3 Qbs, Wentz, Goff and Lynch will more than likely be going to Cle, SF and LA.  Mac took over a roster filled with innumerable holes and sub par talent.  Its also getting older so I just don't see him grabbing a QB early unless he absolutely is floored by one.  Of utmost need for this team in this draft are LB's and OL.  That's where the first 2 picks should really be focused on.    There's a lot of buzz about Dak Prescott to the Jets in round 2 or 3.  When you're short changed, you gotta roll the dice. 

• 6 months later...
On 3/1/2016 at 1:57 PM, Paradis said:

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived