What 4 games will Brady be suspended next year?

Maxman

On March 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Dcat said:

Brady said he didn't know these guys by name.  He is a liar.  It is obvious that he had them deflate the balls.  Below 12.5?  I don't know, but he did have them tamper with the balls and try to hide it (sneaking into bathrooms with them).  And he flat out lied about it.  He is a piece of sh!t and deserves a suspension for lying to the investigators and for impeding the investigation.  Smug arrogant a$$hole.  I hope the Circuit court overturns the District Court ruling in some way.  Even if he is not suspended.

He had them illegally deflate balls to a pressure he wanted, that he felt more comfortable with and which gave him an advantage.  Braindead fans will argue that .5 lbs is nothing.  As if it has to be a greater amount to be relevant.  Whatever he likes, if its under that amount mandated is cheating one and the same.  Doesnt make it more of a cheat if he wanted in 5 lbs less over .5 lbs 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Bachelors3 said:

Except it was overturned by a judge.

Never did the judge overturn the conviction.  

He ruled that a suspension for deflating balls wasn covered in the CBA, not that he was innocent.  

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If the decision goes against Brady (and the judges asked Kesler very tough questions yesterday) my assumption is he would just appeal. That's the kind of guy he is. 

Appeal where? It's done after this appeal is heard. 

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Appeal where? It's done after this appeal is heard. 

Here's an article about it from the Daily News where they say it could go back if Brady appeals it to the 2nd Circuit (full slate of judges) or even to the Supreme Court. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/myers-brady-deflategate-fate-not-appealing-article-1.2552442

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Here's an article about it from the Daily News where they say it could go back if Brady appeals it to the 2nd Circuit (full slate of judges) or even to the Supreme Court. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/myers-brady-deflategate-fate-not-appealing-article-1.2552442

There isn't a chance in hell the Supreme Court hears this nonsense.  People were shocked that the original case was heard.  

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There isn't a chance in hell the Supreme Court hears this nonsense.  People were shocked that the original case was heard.  

Yeah, the article says that, too. But the issue is basically whether or not the Commissioner has the authority to discipline players. Even if it's arbitrary. The PA made a bad deal with the NFL and agreed to this. And now they are trying to get out of it. By having the player sue. btw the reason Kraft accepted the NFL penalties was pretty simple: he took himself over Tom Brady. Even though he keeps saying that Tom is like his son. As an owner Kraft is for allowing the NFL to discipline players. He is too smart to cut his nose to spite his face. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, the article says that, too. But the issue is basically whether or not the Commissioner has the authority to discipline players. Even if it's arbitrary. The PA made a bad deal with the NFL and agreed to this. And now they are trying to get out of it. By having the player sue. btw the reason Kraft accepted the NFL penalties was pretty simple: he took himself over Tom Brady. Even though he keeps saying that Tom is like his son. As an owner Kraft is for allowing the NFL to discipline players. He is too smart to cut his nose to spite his face. 

Agree. The PA and Beadys defense is yes he's cheated but there's no provision for suspension for this type of cheating therefore he can't be suspended.  Judge already said yesterday, where does it say he can't be suspended? 

10 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Their hand was forced. They approached it like any other minor violation where people usually pay the penalty. But they were greeted with a guy shouting conspiracy at a league that gave him everything he ever had. They changed their game to suit this guy's game and he's telling them they're out to get him. Coming from an organization that already has a public perception of nefarious behavior. And in an extraordinarily insulting manner to any people of even moderate intellect. A guy whose entire life is a gift acts like an incredulous ungrateful child who has made the call to put his manufactured bs public image ahead of accountability and honesty. It could have gone away and he wouldn't let it. What should they have done? Folded?

it was a witch hunt from the start.  the league handled it terribly then Brady handled it terribly in return.

Look Brady followed the advice of Jonathan Vilma. And as we saw with Bountygate it's hurting the leagues ability to discipline the players. And boy do they need discipline. The players sue the league for ignoring serious injuries and then sue them when they try to do something about it. It's a league of lawyers.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Sounds like Brady and this dude were pretty busy with their balls in the steam room. Together.

Jealous?  ;) 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree. The PA and Beadys defense is yes he's cheated but there's no provision for suspension for this type of cheating therefore he can't be suspended.  Judge already said yesterday, where does it say he can't be suspended? 

True.  It is an equipment violation.

The Chargers were fined 20K for rubbing balls with stickum.  The Panthers/Vikings had a finger wagged at them for heating balls a month before the AFC Championship game.  Brett was fined 50K for not surrendering his phone with dick pics.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it was a witch hunt from the start.  the league handled it terribly then Brady handled it terribly in return.

I felt that the Saints situation was a witch hunt and Payton got suspended for a year and since then the Saints have sucked. That was utterly ridiculous. The NFL fabricated crap about the Saints and got away with it. There is some smoke with NE in terms of destroyed cell phones and whatever but air pressure in footballs is almost irrelevant. What was really odd was that they found the coach and owner innocent but still punished the team. And the four game suspension of the QB was arbitrary just like the punishment for Payton. ZERO consistency. Even Cro came out and said the NFL is utterly insane. The Rice and AP incidents were way worse.

Just now, PFSIKH said:

Jealous?  ;) 

The Chargers were fined 20K for rubbing balls with stickum.  The Panthers/Vikings had a finger wagged at them for heating balls a month before the AFC Championship game.  Brett was fined 50K for not surrendering his phone with dick pics

You've convinced no one.  He cheated.  Done.  

Others did things? Changes nothing.  Others do things, are warned and stop.  Pats say fu(k it.  Changes everything. 

2 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

I felt that the Saints situation was a witch hunt and Payton got suspended for a year and since then the Saints have sucked. That was utterly ridiculous. The NFL fabricated crap about the Saints and got away with it. There is some smoke with NE in terms of destroyed cell phones and whatever but air pressure in footballs is almost irrelevant. What was really odd was that they found the coach and owner innocent but still punished the team. And the four game suspension of the QB was arbitrary just like the punishment for Payton. ZERO consistency. Even Cro came out and said the NFL is utterly insane. The Rice and AP incidents were way worse.

I think the league feels like they slapped them on the wrist for spygate and wanted to make this worse b/c of it.  

7 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Jealous?  ;) 

The Chargers were fined 20K for rubbing balls with stickum.  The Panthers/Vikings had a finger wagged at them for heating balls a month before the AFC Championship game.  Brett was fined 50K for not surrendering his phone with dick pics.

So we are back to the "everyone does it" defense?  How boring and lame of you. 

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think the league feels like they slapped them on the wrist for spygate and wanted to make this worse b/c of it.  

The SAY IT!!! We are punishing NE because of a culture of bending the rules. Period. End of Story. Everyone can see what they are doing and fewer people have issues with it. That makes air pressure, cell phones, etc. irrelevant. Instead Goodell comes of as an utter idiot.

23 hours ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Some attorney's opinion on her own blog (who is a patriot's fan and obviously biased) is not controlling law nor does it in any way dispute that the punishment on the team is a settled matter. Her interpretation of the evidence is not entirely unreasonable but her interpretation of evidentiary standards and burdens is not accurate.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You've convinced no one.  He cheated.  Done.  

Others did things? Changes nothing.  Others do things, are warned and stop.  Pats say fu(k it.  Changes everything. 

Actually, it is called a precedent.

And there is the little fact that Goodell blatantly lied in his decision paper to hand down a 4 game suspension.

3 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

And there is the little fact that Goodell blatantly lied in his decision paper to hand down a 4 game suspension.

No, it's not. Keep telling yourself that

As I recall Roger was willing to offer Brady a reduced suspension something like 2 games maybe even one. But he refused any kind of suspension. So if Brady loses and doesn't go further with this I'm hoping he doesn't get off scott free. Look the Patriots and Deflategate gave the NFL a black eye and during last year's Super Bowl millions of dollars of bad publicity. When your best team are cheaters. Not too good for your league image and your brand name in a business that depends on its branding. He has to get some games, at least two. 

41 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

had Brady said "yes, I had the ball boys deflate them and didn't think it was a violation... sorry I'll never do it again...", he probably would have got a $20,000 fine and no suspension and the stoopid Patriots would have their 1st round pick.

Brady's 4 game suspension are his own doing.  The team's forfeiture of its 1st round pick is its own focking fault.  Such punishments earned them through arrogance, deception and dishonesty.   

You Pats trolls really have to stop blaming everyone else for the team's scummy behavior.

12 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

This is delusional.  Good luck with that opinion.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This is delusional.  Good luck with that opinion.

Again, it is about the process not the validity of the evidence being reviewed.  It does not matter if Chin thinks the evidence is compelling or the stankiest piece of crap. 

And the lied part is very important.  That is what overturned Rice's indefinite suspension.  Roger said Ray was not forthcoming.  When he actually said "hit his wife" and the finer details of the incident.  In Roger's argument for the suspension, he stated Brady was not forthcoming in the communication the day after the incident after not talking much over the past 6 months.  The fact is Brady's testimony stated they were likely talking about the Superbowl and what happened to the balls.

They are there to decide if Berman was right or wrong.  Not if Brady is guilty.

Roger's main job and the reason they're paying him 44 mil per season is to maximize league revenues and put money in league owner's pockets. It's not for anything like integrity of the game. Part of this is deflecting potentially huge lawsuits like concussions, etc. So the NFL will fight this tooth and nail because in the long run its a revenue issue.

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

Some attorney's opinion on her own blog (who is a patriot's fan and obviously biased) is not controlling law nor does it in any way dispute that the punishment on the team is a settled matter. Her interpretation of the evidence is not entirely unreasonable but her interpretation of evidentiary standards and burdens is not accurate.

She is not a Patriots fan. Actually far from it. How did you miss that part?

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Roger's main job and the reason they're paying him 44 mil per season is to maximize league revenues and put money in league owner's pockets. It's not for anything like integrity of the game. Part of this is deflecting potentially huge lawsuits like concussions, etc. So the NFL will fight this tooth and nail because in the long run its a revenue issue.

Devil's Advocate: How is suspending Tom Brady assisting in maximizing league revenues and advertising dollars? 

11 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Devil's Advocate: How is suspending Tom Brady assisting in maximizing league revenues and advertising dollars? 

It's called retribution and a reinforcement on who is in charge of the NFL. He brought the reputation of the league down esp during the SB. And this hurts the value of league franchises. Like I said before the reason Kraft caved in and did not challenge the team penalty.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

had Brady said "yes, I had the ball boys deflate them and didn't think it was a violation... sorry I'll never do it again...", he probably would have got a $20,000 fine and no suspension and the stoopid Patriots would have their 1st round pick.

Brady's 4 game suspension are his own doing.  The team's forfeiture of its 1st round pick is its own focking fault.  Such punishments earned them through arrogance, deception and dishonesty.   

You Pats trolls really have to stop blaming everyone else for the team's scummy behavior.

Maybe, I think all he had to say was I like it a little underinflated and I didn't realize it was under the required PSI.  would have gone away.  he obviously lied but the problem is the NFL cannot prove it.

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's called retribution and a reinforcement on who is in charge of the NFL. He brought the reputation of the league down esp during the SB. And this hurts the value of league franchises. Like I said before the reason Kraft caved in and did not challenge the team penalty.

I 100% disagree. I think the ratings were very high and no sponsors threatened to pull out because of Brady. Not the case with Rice and AP BTW. I guess we will agree to disagree on that one. Same thing with Manning and the stupid HGH. Yes, he did it. So what?

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Maybe, I think all he had to say was I like it a little underinflated and I didn't realize it was under the required PSI.  would have gone away.  he obviously lied but the problem is the NFL cannot prove it.

So you agree Brady is at fault, and is the reason for the harsher penalties, and did in fact cheat and lie, but you spend every waking minute of your life on this forum spewing your 'brady is god and everyone else sucks" jizz all over every thread...great. 

3 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

I 100% disagree. I think the ratings were very high and no sponsors threatened to pull out because of Brady. Not the case with Rice and AP BTW. I guess we will agree to disagree on that one. Same thing with Manning and the stupid HGH. Yes, he did it. So what?

I think when you look back at the last year plus all Deflategate did was to bring the NFL millions of dollars of bad publicity. It sure didn't help their image even during last year's Super Bowl which was supposed to bring out the positive in the NFL not cheating as your best team's modus operandi. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think when you look back at the last year plus all Deflategate did was to bring the NFL millions of dollars of bad publicity. It sure didn't help their image even during last year's Super Bowl which was supposed to bring out the positive in the NFL not cheating as your best team's modus operandi. 

I agree from an intangible standpoint perhaps but not sure it translated into pure $$$ losses

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So you agree Brady is at fault, and is the reason for the harsher penalties, and did in fact cheat and lie, but you spend every waking minute of your life on this forum spewing your 'brady is god and everyone else sucks" jizz all over every thread...great. 

I deal in reality, I am objective.  If you read my posts(which clearly you don't) you would know I always said he lied I just don't think the issue was a big deal.

Archived