Alternatives if Fitzpatrick walks

hawk

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shadetree said:

He brings leadership, smarts, toughness, and chemistry with his OC and his WRs. 

ill take it over the alternatives that the "say no to Fitz" people aren't offering up.

I agree with that and for that I like Fitzpatrick I'm not a hater. 

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

If Fitz were anywhere as close to as bad as you think he is, he wouldn't have a 10-year portolio of any kind.  Yet he keeps getting picked up, he keeps winning starting jobs, and he keeps throwing TD's.  I wonder why the Jets have already named him their starter?

You like to make up crap as you go. Kyle Orton was basically the same thing with a better TD-INT ratio.

He could've won us 10 games, missed the playoffs, and saved us millions this year. 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

7-10 wins in the AFC East wont win the division and I doubt make the playoffs it will give us a sh*tty draft pick as well. 

31 TDs 10 wins only beating 2 teams with winning records 

Want fun go to amusement park I'm looking to win playoff games and a Super Bowl 

Somebody Gets It !!!  Thanks for showing some brain muscle # 12

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

You like to make up crap as you go. Kyle Orton was basically the same thing with a better TD-INT ratio.

He could've won us 10 games, missed the playoffs, and saved us millions this year. 

What did I make up?

Orton could have?  Link?

Just now, jetrider said:

That an average hack can't play for 10 years.

Second thought, Orton would've shown up at Buffalo and clinched a WC.

Hacks spend their careers as back-ups.  Not starters who throw 130+ TD's.  Kellen Clemens is a hack.  Geno Smith, if he's lucky, will reach hack status in a few years.

You say I make stuff up while you talk about what "would've happend" if only the player was still in the NFL.  Strong work.

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Hacks spend their careers as back-ups.  Not starters who throw 130+ TD's.  Kellen Clemens is a hack.  Geno Smith, if he's lucky, will reach hack status in a few years.

You say I make stuff up while you talk about what "would've happend" if only the player was still in the NFL.  Strong work.

Oh, so only YOU can define the word "decent" and now the word "hack"?

Kitna ... Orton ... Schaub ... Hasselbeck ... McCown ... Fitz ... etc., ... average hacks for 10+ years

Are Phillip rivers or Peyton manning possibilities??

im thinking Peyton walks away, but he sure is forcing the Broncos hand. Plus the Broncos offered osweiler money so Peyton  gets cut if he doesn't commit to retirement by March 9th!??! 

And rivers was rumored as an option last year right? Has anything happened to make that any different this year?

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

Kitna ... Orton ... Schaub ... Hasselbeck ... McCown ... Fitz ... etc., ... average hacks for 10+ years

When did I say that only I could define it?  I offered my definition of it, but there's no set rule to what determines quality.  You just posted a list of QB's, most of whom are worse than Fitz at throwing TD passes and protecting the football, arguably the two most important things in a winning game plan.  Score points and don't give it away.

As far as the term Hack, that basically means somebody who is bad at something, so once again, you know more about talent evaluation than Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.  I look forward to seeing you at the helm of one of the 32 teams in the near future.

Of all the QB's you listed, how is Hasselbeck even on that list?  Fitz has more starts and better TD/INT ratio than all of them except for Hasselback (who played 17 seasons) and Schaub, who is currently a dumpster fire who is living off of a couple of nice seasons he had about a decade ago.  

Fitz will likely have his fifth season of 20+ TD passes and possibly his second of 30+ (something none of the others accomplished) and may very well ruin another season of football for you en route to ten wins, which more times than not will get you in to the post season.  Could be a long year for you.

58 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Are we talking Matt hasselbeck here? Because in the early 2000's he was one of the better qb's in the leauge

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

When did I say that only I could define it?  I offered my definition of it, but there's no set rule to what determines quality.  You just posted a list of QB's, most of whom are worse than Fitz at throwing TD passes and protecting the football, arguably the two most important things in a winning game plan.  Score points and don't give it away.

As far as the term Hack, that basically means somebody who is bad at something, so once again, you know more about talent evaluation than Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.  I look forward to seeing you at the helm of one of the 32 teams in the near future.

Of all the QB's you listed, Fitz has more starts and better TD/INT ratio than all of them except for Hasselback (who played 17 seasons) and Schaub, who is currently a dumpster fire who is living off of a couple of nice seasons he had about a decade ago.  

Fitz will likely have his fifth season of 20+ TD passes and possibly his second of 30+ (something none of the others accomplished) and may very well ruin another season of football for you en route to ten wins, which more times than not will get you in to the post season.  Could be a long year for you.

you can say all you want about fitz's "great year" but his statistics were really pedestrian at best.

tied for 10th place in the league with 31 TD passes-- thank god for brandon marshall

88.0 passer rating-- 24th in the league

59.6% completion percentage -- 29th in the league (less accurate than 2014 geno smith too)

6.9 yards/attempt -- 27th in the league

15 INT -- tied for 5th most in the league

if you think we're getting 10 wins again with this weak armed stat padding front runner, I'd gladly put some money up if you're a betting man. the jets are better off going with a cheap stop-gap option and using the cap space to add some actual talent to the roster

11 minutes ago, cant wait said:

you can say all you want about fitz's "great year" but his statistics were really pedestrian at best.

tied for 10th place in the league with 31 TD passes-- thank god for brandon marshall

59.6% completion percentage -- 29th in the league (less accurate than 2014 geno smith too)

if you think we're getting 10 wins again with this weak armed stat padding front runner, I'd gladly put some money up if you're a betting man. the jets are better off going with a cheap stop-gap option and using the cap space to add some actual talent to the roster

11th in points is "pedestrian" nowadays? I'd say that's better than 21 other teams and only worse than 10.  Thank god for FitzMagic!

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

11th in points is "pedestrian" nowadays? I'd say that's better than 21 other teams and only worse than 10.  Thank god for FitzMagic!

we're talking about the QB position here, I'm simply stating my case that fitz's production is easily replaced in this system. the guy is one of the worst passers in the league, and that's just statistically. if we had a QB who could make the throws and actually see open receivers on the field we'd be top 5 easily

5 hours ago, jetrider said:

And none of those QBs have a 10-year portfolio of ≤ .500 suckitude and no playoffs. None. 

I am well aware of Fitz's career.  It is what it is. I know what I see in Smith.  Don't want him starting.   In a Fitz vs. Geno setting, I'll start Fitz most days.  so what is the number for Fitz?  $8 million?  $10 million? $12 million?  What is the magic number, anything above it would send him walking?

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

we're talking about the QB position here, I'm simply stating my case that fitz's production is easily replaced in this system. the guy is one of the worst passers in the league, and that's just statistically. if we had a QB who could make the throws and actually see open receivers on the field we'd be top 5 easily

We know your stance.  He ruined the 2015 season for you by throwing 31 TD's for the 11th ranked offense in the NFL and keeping the Jets in the playoff hunt.  I hope he makes 2016 even less enjoyable for you and another 10 wins is good enough for a playoff spot.

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Yeah, cause that is so easy to do....

Just now, BRONX DUDE said:

The Fitzpatrick era is over. 

:angry:

Nope..it's got a year or two left of quality QB play and a good mentor for the young QB's on the roster.  When was the last time the Jets had that?

Just now, AFJF said:

We know your stance.  He ruined the 2015 season for you by throwing 31 TD's for the 11th ranked offense in the NFL and keeping the Jets in the playoff hunt.  I hope he makes 2016 even less enjoyable for you and another 10 wins is good enough for a playoff spot.

How old are you? I am guessing you will be one of those who will never see jets win another SB. Until this team gets a franchise QB, team is going no where fast

Just now, AFJF said:

so you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is for next season? $100 donation to JN if the jets can win 10 games with fitz next season. or are you just all talk and a pretender like your buddy fitz?

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Nope..it's got a year or two left of quality QB play and a good mentor for the young QB's on the roster.  When was the last time the Jets had that?

how is fitzpatrick a good mentor for a developing QB? the guy never moves his head, misses/doesn't see open receivers, locks on to his first read and forces the ball into tight coverage. I don't want my young QB playing like that

2 minutes ago, afosomf said:

How old are you? I am guessing you will be one of those who will never see jets win another SB. Until this team gets a franchise QB, team is going no where fast

That's some strong logic right there.  Jets won't win because of what I, as a fan, would like to see them do.  

29 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Wow look at these facts! they can't handle them though, I think they are blind from the masturbation to fitztragic posters.

Archived