Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So dealing with a scum team and 3rd party it looks like.

So my first thought is that scum took a shot at Leelou... But thinking about that doesn't make very much sense because why would they test her claim on N1, when she had no reason not to protect herself.

Either 4 things happened, in order of most likely to least likely

1) someone had a BPV

2) Scum was blocked some other way

3) Leelou is lying, scum shot at actual doc

4) Scum shot at Leelou

6 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

So dealing with a scum team and 3rd party it looks like.

So my first thought is that scum took a shot at Leelou... But thinking about that doesn't make very much sense because why would they test her claim on N1, when she had no reason not to protect herself.

Either 4 things happened, in order of most likely to least likely

1) someone had a BPV

2) Scum was blocked some other way

3) Leelou is lying, scum shot at actual doc

4) Scum shot at Leelou

why not a vig? 

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Death Scene

The Science Pirate awoke from out of consciousness unaware of where she was.  She was no longer wearing her flying suit, that contained all of her powers.  Somehow it had been lost in combat, she thought.

She had just defeated her enemy, the Skyguard, in a battle in New York City.  But where there should have been a huge pile of rubble, a result of the explosion, there was nothing.  Only pavement.  And while this place resembled New York, everything seemed a little.....different.  There was an orange glow in the distance.  And it was a lot quieter than she'd expected. 

She knew she had to find her way back home, somehow.  She saw a hooded man in the distance, who was walking with a book in his hand.  She approached him. The book in his hand was titled "The Seduction of the Innocent". 

"Sir, can you help me?  I don't know where I am."

The man turned.  She gasped and took a step back.

The man had a white mask covering his face, under his hood. 

"I've been waiting for you, my child."  He said as he took a step forward.

"I....what....I don't.....HELP!!"  She screamed.  But no one was around.

He put his hands around her throat and squeezed, as she dropped to her knees.  Without her suit that gave her her abilities, she was powerless to stop him. 

She struggled at his hands, hopelessly trying to remove them from around her throat. 

And then.....her breathing stopped.

"A shame."  Said the hooded man.  "Perhaps she would have had usefulness to our cause, one day."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kane had found another body.  And what struck both he and Rad was how similar this woman looked like the first body they'd found, Sam Saturn.

"My God, she's a spitting image!"  Said Kane.

"Things are getting complicated now," Said Rad.  "Think this girl came from the other place, but is a different version of Sam Saturn?"

"Has to be."  Said Kane.  "This isn't a twin sister.  There wasn't one on file or anything.  And Katherine never mentioned a sister."

Rad shook his head and walked away.  He needed another drink.

Hallia, The Science Pirate (aka Lisa Saturn, New York City version of Sam Saturn), vanilla scum, is dead.

So, the things being hinted at here in the scene are conversion, an ability to kill Hallia even though she had scum powers, and obviously at least two planes of existence... New York City and another?

This may shed some light on the use of masons.

I'm not concluding any of this, nor am I seeing how Brett is concluding anything in his post from this.

35 minutes ago, Calder said:

Don't be too afraid of my presence people. I know you had to apply to play and I was headhunted. Sure I was provided with full medical and dental upon joining Jetnation and your only unpaid interns. But, lets not let that start off our relationship on a sour note.

Thanks for stepping in Calder.  Solid this far into the game.  Welcome.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, the things being hinted at here in the scene are conversion, an ability to kill Hallia even though she had scum powers, and obviously at least two planes of existence... New York City and another?

This may shed some light on the use of masons.

I'm not concluding any of this, nor am I seeing how Brett is concluding anything in his post from this.

I didn't read the scene very closely because I thought it was just flavor

On 3/28/2016 at 5:27 AM, BallinPB said:

I have to read up after work.  I don't know what's going on.

Was this Ballin's last post? I'm going to go check, but I'm thinking some pressure here might be in order to prod him into activity. 

Just now, StraightCash said:

Because only scum ended up dead and I don't think it was because they shot themselves 

What if they shot a mirror? Or another role exists like bus driver? Or there's an unexplained mechanic at play, like perhaps there's a cult leader that can convert town and/or kill scum... reading the scene, you could infer something like this. And yes, I invoked the term "cult" because the character that killed Hallia held a book called "seducing the innocent" which in mafia terms could make the leap to "converting the townies". Don't really need to speculate beyond this, because it opens the door to wild theories... but, to swoop in with poorly vetted logic is not helpful either, and that's my point.

Just now, JiF said:

And Pac is officially the biggest pussy in mafia.  He would have completely kept his RL cover to end game if he could.  

It's recently become a scum tell for him. Poor Hallia, very grateful that she stepped in, but it was obvious he was dirty and she wasn't long for the game.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What if they shot a mirror? Or another role exists like bus driver? Or there's an unexplained mechanic at play, like perhaps there's a cult leader that can convert town and/or kill scum... reading the scene, you could infer something like this. And yes, I invoked the term "cult" because the character that killed Hallia held a book called "seducing the innocent" which in mafia terms could make the leap to "converting the townies". Don't really need to speculate beyond this, because it opens the door to wild theories... but, to swoop in with poorly vetted logic is not helpful either, and that's my point.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

@the stupid mod - are the ******* scenes flavor or not? 

I think Jifs question is fair. If there is meaning behind the scenes then I agree with Apes post that we could be looking at some kind of cult

Just now, StraightCash said:

I think Jifs question is fair. If there is meaning behind the scenes then I agree with Apes post that we could be looking at some kind of cult

@Jetsfan80 can you give us some level of guidance as to what part of the scenes we should take as clues? Earlier in the game you said it was ALL flavor, but this scene clearly read like it was filled with clues. So, maybe either let us know, or make it clear by italicizing, what to take as a clue. Thanks.

On 3/29/2016 at 3:29 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Official Final Day 1 Vote Count

Verbal (8) - Hess, decker, JiF, AVM, Lily, CTM, Hallia, Spoot

Lily (5) - Verbal, Leelou, Brett, Crusher, Ape

Leelou (1) - No Penis

Not Voting (1) - Ballin

That's a lynch.

For recording purposes.

On the Lily train, we've got doc claim, mason claim, brett and me. Process of elimination, granted with limited info = Brett. I'd add that he's not interrogating. He's pretty clearly sitting back and nudging things (nudged the suspicion on JIF with comments like "can JIF be this obvious", without really going after him the way he's gone after me when he thought I was scum in past few games). 

Long story short, Brett isn't scum hunting, or viewing the game with town logic.

31 minutes ago, CTM said:

why not a vig? 

Possible, but shooting low laying fruit comes across as more of an SK move.  Or the myriad of options Ape mentions below, mirror or something.

17 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I didn't read the scene very closely because I thought it was just flavor

Gross

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Worth noting that 80 clarified back on the first or second day that the other scenes (non-death scenes) were titled "FLAVOR SCENE" to let us know the difference.  Implies heavily that there are indeed hints in these scenes, if not outright telling us so.

vote Brett

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Jetsfan80 can you give us some level of guidance as to what part of the scenes we should take as clues? Earlier in the game you said it was ALL flavor, but this scene clearly read like it was filled with clues. So, maybe either let us know, or make it clear by italicizing, what to take as a clue. Thanks.

Hold on, I'll go find the post...

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

For recording purposes.

On the Lily train, we've got doc claim, mason claim, brett and me. Process of elimination, granted with limited info = Brett. I'd add that he's not interrogating. He's pretty clearly sitting back and nudging things (nudged the suspicion on JIF with comments like "can JIF be this obvious", without really going after him the way he's gone after me when he thought I was scum in past few games). 

Long story short, Brett isn't scum hunting, or viewing the game with town logic.

Yep.  And that post was tardville, there are literally 20 things that could have happened last night and there is no order of probability.

What it looked like was a classic scum tell right after the night phase with the "jeez guys, why would scum do that"  - now let me throw out wild theories.

I'm down for him or AVM.

On 3/22/2016 at 8:14 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod Note:  Since you guys aren't familiar with the source material, I'm writing "flavor" scenes for entertainment purposes only.  There won't be information contained within that is important.  Read or don't read, I don't care.  There will be more coming.  GFY. 

Okay, not exactly how I remember it...but the indication here, IMO, is that the scenes that have "FLAVOR SCENE" in all caps at the beginning are just for entertainment.  I take that to mean that the non-flavor scenes have "important information"

@Jetsfan80 -- confirm/deny/gfy?

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For recording purposes.

what of my logic hasn't been town? I was just analyzing the Night result based on only scum dying

1 hour ago, Calder said:

Don't be too afraid of my presence people. I know you had to apply to play and I was headhunted. Sure I was provided with full medical and dental upon joining Jetnation and your only unpaid interns. But, lets not let that start off our relationship on a sour note.

Welcome Calder, dont worry, our resident creepy Mexican voyeur perv isnt here demanding nudie pics.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ohhh so NOW people care about the scenes!  I see how it is.  :)

Mod Note:  The death scenes, for your purposes, are pure flavor.  I also already promised previously that this would not be a cult game, and have not gone back on that promise. 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For recording purposes.

This is also ridiculous because I don't even know what you mean by saying process of elimination = Brett

you are making a bunch of assumptions, 1 that you think there had to be scum on Lily's train, and 2 that you buy the mason claim. 

Also you can't really analyze Lily's train like that. We both moved over to hammer Verbal but were ninjad by Spoot

Regardless, vote Spoot, I thought he was scummy earlier, and I think Ape exposed him about holding off on making a voting decision until it was close enough that he could use consolidation as an excuse

Archived