Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

What are your thoughts? 

I dont understand the Ballin kill choice considering the PR claims that are out there. Makes me uneasy. Feels like typical scum team wants Ballins body eating up space alive.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Calder said:

I dont understand the Ballin kill choice considering the PR claims that are out there. Makes me uneasy. Feels like typical scum team wants Ballins body eating up space alive.

Scum had to make a kill that went through. The first 2 nights netted zero dead townies, if I'm not mistaken. The only logic I can put together for Spoot not being NKed is that the trio of JIF, Crusher and Spoot being alive makes them questionable and lynch candidates. Also, if Spoot is actually scum watcher and they are lying, and Lily was town tracker, then scum probably assumes there's a cop. 

If they aren't lying, then there's no way there's a cop in this game... town tracker, town watcher, 5 town masons, tow doc. I'd assume no cop in a scenario like that.

Them having no results for today seems like lying scum not being smart enough to come up with a fake result that won't backfire on them.

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Asking wrong  guy fur face.  I read the pm and play the game.  

Probably the best answer you could give there. If you tried to actually lie, it would have been obvious.

On 3/31/2016 at 2:22 PM, CTM said:

ok, i am wondering  if crusher is a scum bomb or something

This post was gross. Just as gross as the posts where you said "Spoot wouldn't self-vote as town", and I wish I could remember the other person you said this about in this game. I'll try and find it. Either way, this took everyone from Spoot to Lily, so you helped get the Tracker lynched with this little comment. And you made Crusher unlynchable by floating the "bomb" fear.

Unvote, Vote Crusher

Here's my thinking. This game may not have a cop, so having Spoot and Lily be watcher and tracker respectively would make sense for town and pairing them each with a townie mason makes sense, but one of JIF and Crusher are the odd man out. There's NO WAY all 3 of them are town in that group. 

So, with that in mind, you have a scum team that looks more like some combination of CTM, AVM, Brett, Pac and Crusher.

There there was a key moment on D2 that is being overlooked. I started the day voting Brett. So, to scum it would have looked like I had a guilty. Brett even role-fished me over it, saying I had a strong case on Spoot, but voted him instead. He thought I was cop. Crusher too, he tried to get me lynched on D2 after my vote on Brett... his case: Ape switched from new town meta to old town meta, which makes him scum. It was weak, and when I called him out, all he did was evade explaining it.

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Can we get a recap of the actions people have claimed?

Brett said N1 he tracked Spoot to Leelou, right?

Spoot said N1 he watched Leelou and nobody visited?

Spoot said N2 he watched Decker and Leelou and Brett visited?

Is that right?

That is correct, at least on my account.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Spoot's a watcher, so you all said. He doesn't follow anyone. What are you talking about?

Why is Spoot still alive? Why watch the same player twice? You and JIF are veterans, you know that's a stupid choice. 

Lily was town tracker, Spoot is town watcher, and 5 members of the town are in mason teams, plus town as a doc, and there's obviously other NA that may be holding us up during night phases. So... how can the game be balanced against that?

Didn't Spoot and Lily have an exchange about him calling himself the wrong name the day we lynched her?  Plus Spoots been around and I'm sure it would have come up in the QT...

I also can't see scum coming out and saying "oops we forgot," though.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Spoot's a watcher, so you all said. He doesn't follow anyone. What are you talking about?

Why is Spoot still alive? Why watch the same player twice? You and JIF are veterans, you know that's a stupid choice. 

Lily was town tracker, Spoot is town watcher, and 5 members of the town are in mason teams, plus town as a doc, and there's obviously other NA that may be holding us up during night phases. So... how can the game be balanced against that?

Yeah, I wasn't sure about watching Decker again, but I was probably overthinking it. You'll see the QT once the game is over.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Didn't Spoot and Lily have an exchange about him calling himself the wrong name the day we lynched her?  Plus Spoots been around and I'm sure it would have come up in the QT...

I'll make a note of you nudging me to pursue the theory. Pouring gasoline on the fire there is the most influential thing you've said since D1, you've otherwise been tinkering with some "talking to yourself" sort of schtick that allows you to chime in without saying anything.

On 4/4/2016 at 10:45 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

24 hours to submit all Night Actions (11:00 AM EST Tuesday).

On 4/4/2016 at 10:52 AM, Spoot-Face said:

That went quick.

vote Spoot 

These posts were literally back to back, 7 minutes apart.

Not like you were writing a novel and missed the "3 new posts" notification...and it's at the top of page 116, so there wasn't a page change to cause an easy miss.

Sorry to my mason team but this wifi sucks in the middle of nowhere El Slavador.  I literally can't open quick topic. Not sure if I can help in there again. 

Fwiw - I think I would have gone else where but appreciate the effort on trying Decker again.  Maybe I just PM you guys my opinion since I seem to be able to access JN and not much else. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I'll make a note of you nudging me to pursue the theory. Pouring gasoline on the fire there is the most influential thing you've said since D1, you've otherwise been tinkering with some "talking to yourself" sort of schtick that allows you to chime in without saying anything.

Or, you know...I could do it myself while you complain about me not doing it myself ;)

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Scum had to make a kill that went through. The first 2 nights netted zero dead townies, if I'm not mistaken. The only logic I can put together for Spoot not being NKed is that the trio of JIF, Crusher and Spoot being alive makes them questionable and lynch candidates. Also, if Spoot is actually scum watcher and they are lying, and Lily was town tracker, then scum probably assumes there's a cop. 

If they aren't lying, then there's no way there's a cop in this game... town tracker, town watcher, 5 town masons, tow doc. I'd assume no cop in a scenario like that.

Them having no results for today seems like lying scum not being smart enough to come up with a fake result that won't backfire on them.

The bolded is what I was wrestling with.

Oh, and I really did miss the deadline.

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

I believe so. I called myself "Tracker" instead of "Watcher". Honest mistake.

On 3/31/2016 at 3:13 PM, Lily said:

Man, I hate to do this, but I believe the mason claims, because our team also has a power role. It's unbalanced, true, but it fits with what I know. 

Brett is lying. I'm the tracker. 

On 3/31/2016 at 3:24 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Wait...

Why would you hate to do this? If you're Town Watcher, then you just cornered Brett and primed him for a lynch either today or tomorrow?

On 3/31/2016 at 3:26 PM, Lily said:

I'm Tracker. You're Watcher. Interesting slip.

On 3/31/2016 at 3:29 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Forgive me for confusing those two roles that I've never really dealt with before. I'm typing fast.

That's the exchange I recalled.  Not exactly as damning as I remember it, tbh.

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

vote Spoot 

These posts were literally back to back, 7 minutes apart.

Not like you were writing a novel and missed the "3 new posts" notification...and it's at the top of page 116, so there wasn't a page change to cause an easy miss.

I truly just glossed over it. I'll help you out, though.

vote Spoot

Please end this misery.

Brett is the only scum we've found that interacted. On D2 after I voted him, Crusher tried to help him by building narratives about how I was salty after losing a mate, as well as what I've already mentioned. CTM helped Brett after Brett said he "can read my scum play" and I attacked that statement, it was CTM that started to tear down my counter-points to him. He also at one point refered to it as "all out war" and tried to dismiss it.

So that it's clear what I'm working towards here... we've got 2 scenarios in front of us.

JIF, Crusher and Spoot are all scum together. 

Or they aren't. In which case, I'm guessing one of them is scum, and then some combo of CTM, AVM and Calder. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sorry to my mason team but this wifi sucks in the middle of nowhere El Slavador.  I literally can't open quick topic. Not sure if I can help in there again. 

Fwiw - I think I would have gone else where but appreciate the effort on trying Decker again.  Maybe I just PM you guys my opinion since I seem to be able to access JN and not much else. 

That's alright. I probably won't be alive to submit a NA tonight anyway. Enjoy your time in El Salvador.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This post was gross. Just as gross as the posts where you said "Spoot wouldn't self-vote as town", and I wish I could remember the other person you said this about in this game. I'll try and find it. Either way, this took everyone from Spoot to Lily, so you helped get the Tracker lynched with this little comment. And you made Crusher unlynchable by floating the "bomb" fear.

Unvote, Vote Crusher

Here's my thinking. This game may not have a cop, so having Spoot and Lily be watcher and tracker respectively would make sense for town and pairing them each with a townie mason makes sense, but one of JIF and Crusher are the odd man out. There's NO WAY all 3 of them are town in that group. 

So, with that in mind, you have a scum team that looks more like some combination of CTM, AVM, Brett, Pac and Crusher.

There there was a key moment on D2 that is being overlooked. I started the day voting Brett. So, to scum it would have looked like I had a guilty. Brett even role-fished me over it, saying I had a strong case on Spoot, but voted him instead. He thought I was cop. Crusher too, he tried to get me lynched on D2 after my vote on Brett... his case: Ape switched from new town meta to old town meta, which makes him scum. It was weak, and when I called him out, all he did was evade explaining it.

great post.  Smoot and Lilly probably do take the place of the cop.  The only part I struggle with is if Smoot is town watcher why is he vouching for me?  Unless you are going with Brett's Mason's can be scum too.   Other than that it's a pretty solid post from you.  

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's ok sweet one. With 5 day long night phases you will be back to n J vile in no time

Just now, The Crusher said:

great post.  Smoot and Lilly probably do take the place of the cop.  The only part I struggle with is if Smoot is town watcher why is he vouching for me?  Unless you are going with Brett's Mason's can be scum too.   Other than that it's a pretty solid post from you.  

Don't care if he's vouching for you.

What I'm saying HAS to be considered, there's an outside shot that you and JIF aren't the nucleus of the worst scum team ever, and if that's the case and you both carry some level of competency... then we should be looking at what that means, and that's what I'm doing. 

At this point, I'm content to lynch Spoot... if he's too stupid to use his role, then he's of no value whatsoever other than dying to break-up all the theories. 

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I truly just glossed over it. I'll help you out, though.

vote Spoot

Please end this misery.

FYI, if you are actually town... this is an absolutely horrible tactic to use. If the town is wrong about you when you get lynched, you should still trying to help them learn from making the mistake. Self-voting removes that. Town can't learn from your lynch when you roll-over.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Brett is the only scum we've found that interacted. On D2 after I voted him, Crusher tried to help him by building narratives about how I was salty after losing a mate, as well as what I've already mentioned. CTM helped Brett after Brett said he "can read my scum play" and I attacked that statement, it was CTM that started to tear down my counter-points to him. He also at one point refered to it as "all out war" and tried to dismiss it.

So that it's clear what I'm working towards here... we've got 2 scenarios in front of us.

JIF, Crusher and Spoot are all scum together. 

Or they aren't. In which case, I'm guessing one of them is scum, and then some combo of CTM, AVM and Calder. 

Do you even realize what you type? You just typed smooth was town watcher and I was scum.  Now we are both scum .  I would ask you why you followed me to CTM to begin the day but I would rather not. You silly goofy monkey

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

AVM and Ape scum mvp'ing it right now.  Haha

If you guys aren't lying, then that title has already been handed out for this game.

But, thank you for acknowledging AVM and I as townies. That helps me sort things out a bit further after we learn the truth about you 3 tards.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Don't care if he's vouching for you.

What I'm saying HAS to be considered, there's an outside shot that you and JIF aren't the nucleus of the worst scum team ever, and if that's the case and you both carry some level of competency... then we should be looking at what that means, and that's what I'm doing. 

At this point, I'm content to lynch Spoot... if he's too stupid to use his role, then he's of no value whatsoever other than dying to break-up all the theories. 

No. I love him.  Kill CTM instead .  Nobody lives himloves him

Archived