NFL network talking Geno Smith and Jets options at QB

AFJF

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I understand everything you're saying..... my only question is this....

If you're in Chan Gailey's shoes...... who do you want?

The guy who "gets" your offense, or bring in a guy you "hope" gets your offense?

You'll have to really seperate yourself from your personal feelings here and really think "what would Chan want"?

I'm sure Mac and Bowles want what Chan wants short term while they work on what's best for the Jets in the long term.

Maybe Glennon can be the answer to both.... 

I dont think anything I presented during my last response was feelings. It was all facts based on in game performance and circumstance. 

If I was Chan Gailey and I know that I've been able to work with any QB, not just Fitz then I would look for a better option than a guy out of of his prime and in his best year, the the best talent and the easiest schedule couldnt make the playoffs. 

Thats not emotions, this actually happened. 

What does it matter if a guy "gets it" but doesnt have the skill level to get over the hump? This takes me back to people simply being scared of taking risks. Whats the risk of moving on from an 11 year vet who hasnt ever made it to the playoffs, and when he had the opportunity to he shat the bed? It's not like im saying to move on from Aaron Rodgers. This is a guy who we didnt even expect to have starting last year. C'mon. This is a guy who we let test the market and the entire league basically said that you're worthless without Chan Gailey. This lets me know that its Chan Gailey thats the true talent and not a guy who's been in Chan Gailey's system 2 different times and it only produced a season without the playoffs. You would have the benefit of the doubt if this was just one year....but this isnt Fitz first time or first season with Gailey. I think Fitz has 4 seasons under Gailey's direction. The only thing that it has produced is "Fitz knows Gailey's system". Okay, but what has he produced in the system?

We need to quit with being so conservative. Fitz can be replaced. He's never produced anything in Gailey's system or any other system for that matter. He's simply had his best years under Gailey. Thats personal achievement....but nothing that any team could look back on and say "That was a good run".

You dont use those facts as an excuse to pass on any potential prospect. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont think anything I presented during my last response was feelings. It was all facts based on in game performance and circumstance. 

If I was Chan Gailey and I know that I've been able to work with any QB, not just Fitz then I would look for a better option than a guy out of of his prime and in his best year, the the best talent and the easiest schedule couldnt make the playoffs. 

Thats not emotions, this actually happened. 

What does it matter if a guy "gets it" but doesnt have the skill level to get over the hump? This takes me back to people simply being scared of taking risks. Whats the risk of moving on from an 11 year vet who hasnt ever made it to the playoffs, and when he had the opportunity to he shat the bed? It's not like im saying to move on from Aaron Rodgers. This is a guy who we didnt even expect to have starting last year. C'mon. This is a guy who we let test the market and the entire league basically said that you're worthless without Chan Gailey. This lets me know that its Chan Gailey thats the true talent and not a guy who's been in Chan Gailey's system 2 different times and it only produced a season without the playoffs. You would have the benefit of the doubt if this was just one year....but this isnt Fitz first time or first season with Gailey. I think Fitz has 4 seasons under Gailey's direction. The only thing that it has produced is "Fitz knows Gailey's system". Okay, but what has he produced in the system?

We need to quit with being so conservative. Fitz can be replaced. He's never produced anything in Gailey's system or any other system for that matter. He's simply had his best years under Gailey. Thats personal achievement....but nothing that any team could look back on and say "That was a good run".

You dont use those facts as an excuse to pass on any potential prospect. 

Ok. You've got my endorsement ....again! lol

Now find Mac's FB page and make our case. I don't think Chan's the type to have a FB page.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

We need to get you a new Avitar..... what happened to the old one with the bad guy from Ghostbusters.

That was you, right?

i had the vulgar display of power pantera album cover. seemed to offend people, so i got rid of it

I think half you guys are bats sh*t crazy.

Some of you guys wouldn't give up a measly 4th rounder for glennon? The dude is young actually in his prime and probably could easily be a solid starting qb and with weapons around him even more. You guys should watch some tape of him. he was really good in tampa until whatever happened. The guy is huge and has nfl experience...

so you'd rather draft some unknown rookie with your precious 1st round pick. the third best qb in a crap draft. good luck with that because if your lucky, you'll be drafting a gannon and thats being LUCKY. the reality is you'll be getting another jets qb bust while gannon starts for another team and plays solid football.

yea, we all want a "franchise qb", but theres only a few on earth and they are all under contract. getting a franchise qb is PURE LUCK. look at tom brady, the 7th rounder and the sea of first round Qbs that are working at sears

a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush

Like was said on NFL network last week, the Jets plan B, C, D, and E for QB are all terrible. If they don't resign Fitz, it means certain doom for the NYJ and their playoff hopes in 2016. Like I have said many times before, the Jets NEED Ryan Fitzpatrick at least for the time being. Ryan Fitzpatrick NEEDS the NYJ at least for the time being.

There will come a time when Fitz decides to accept the Jets offer. It's only logical.

Tomlinson was asked if he thinks Smith is one of the Jets' top non-Fitzpatrick options, and here is how Tomlinson answered: 

"I absolutely think so. I believe that's the reason why they haven't struck a deal with Ryan Fitzpatrick, because they say: We've got Geno still here in the house. He still is a young quarterback. We know what he can do. And we still haven't seen him play his best football. Now, I will say, out of all the guys that we talked about, I believe Mike Glennon is the best option. If they can get Mike Glennon, then everything else should be shut down because I think he can come in and be the future quarterback for New York. But if they can't get Mike Glennon, I think they're OK with Geno Smith." 

On 4/4/2016 at 10:52 PM, Mainejet said:

Like was said on NFL network last week, the Jets plan B, C, D, and E for QB are all terrible. If they don't resign Fitz, it means certain doom for the NYJ and their playoff hopes in 2016.

I can't read this w/o being dumbfounded.  Your goal is to reach the playoffs.  Yet your choice is a 12 year journeyman who has never made the playoffs.  

Even worse,  he had a golden opportunity just a few months ago, and failed miserably.  

On April 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Mainejet said:

Like was said on NFL network last week, the Jets plan B, C, D, and E for QB are all terrible. If they don't resign Fitz, it means certain doom for the NYJ and their playoff hopes in 2016. Like I have said many times before, the Jets NEED Ryan Fitzpatrick at least for the time being. Ryan Fitzpatrick NEEDS the NYJ at least for the time being.

There will come a time when Fitz decides to accept the Jets offer. It's only logical.

The Jets, with plan A, have no realistic playoff hopes for 2016. Well, they have hope, but that hope would be that our toughest opponents suffer key injuries again. Except there's more of them this year so it's not happening. 

I agree it's likely he'll return, though. 

Archived