North Carolina over Houston

Elite 8

North Carolina over Xavier

Final Four

North Carolina over Virginia

Michigan State over Purdue

National Championship

North Carolina over Michigan State

yes I am going w/ the homer pick.  I think Carolina could lose rd 1 or go all the way but I don't see any super teams that they can't beat.  Virginia has been the best team most of the season and UVa played their best and barely beat a Carolina team that was playing 4 games in 4 days against top level competition.

Michigan State beat up the Heels in November but that was pre Cam Johnson and small lineup and a totally different Carolina team.

I hope I'm right but I'm not confident.

Can we now consider the Pac 12 a mid major conference?  3 teams made the tourney w/ 2 of them playing in the first 4 and both playing in the first 4 lost. 

anyway, these next 2 days are the greatest days in sports.  Nothing in any sport comes close.  Not the SB, WS, Olympics, CFB title game.  Nothing.  Hopefully the heels avoid the upset and some other high seeds do not. 

Good first day so far.  UNC Greensboro gave Gonzaga a great game, they led by 2 w/ the ball w/ a couple of chances in the final minutes but couldn't extend the lead and Gonzaga won by 4.  Penn hung around w/ Kansas before they pulled away, Miami is tied at the half, Oklahoma and Rhode Island went to OT where URI pulled it out.  No buzzer beaters yet but some good games.

If Sean Miller doesn't get fired b/c of the FBI thing maybe it's time for Arizona to fire him for his results in March?  He makes Bill self look like John Wooden.

we got our first buzzer beater as Miami just didn't want it and gave Loyola every chance to win  and they took advantage.

Texas Tech was in trouble but they finished strong down the stretch.

Great game w/ Houston and SD State.  I think Houston will give Michigan a good game and could beat them tomorrow.

I didn't see any of the Florida game but the score was lopsided, nice job by them. 

Lol @ VA and Zona. What a bunch of cupcakes.

I hate syracuse and michstate so much. I hope the game goes into 33 OTs and cuse loses on a buzzer beater, and then bill can do bill things and lose in the next round. The only thing that could possibly make the orange-spartan matchup any worse is if the pats somehow got involved. **** them all.

I feel like we were cheated in this 1st ever 16 over 1.  That's a game that should have been a buzzer beater but they just wiped the floor w/ UVa.  What a disgraceful performance by UVa and congrats to UMBC. 

W/ Carolina's win yesterday Roy Williams is now 28-0 in the 1st rd of the NCAA Tourney.  It's an incredible achievement that is not hyped up enough.  if it was Coach K or Izzo they would talk about it nonstop but Roy is the best coach in CBB and is treated like he's just the luckiest.  In most years he's been a high seed but that isn't always the case and those 2 coaches I just discussed both lost as 2 seeds to 15 seeds.  Carolina played very poorly in the 1st half but played pretty well in the 2nd half. A tough front line of Texas A&M awaits tomorrow.  They will have to play better than yesterday to win.

Outside of UVa embarrassing the ACC again the ACC had a good day yesterday w/ all the other teams winning. 

elsewhere Marshall upset Wichita State

Nevada held off texas

Auburn held off Charleston

another crazy day  round 2 began yesterday.  Nova and duke steamrolled their way through to the sweet 16 but there were a bunch of great games including Michigan over Houston and Loyola over Tennessee.

Half the Sweet 16 is set, let's hope the Heels join later today.

Tough way for Berry and Pinson to go out but the team just didn't have it yesterday.  After they went up 20-13 they just got dominated the rest of the game- inside, outside it didn't matter.  It's always difficult the rare times the Heels leave the tourney early but it's worse this time as we'll never get to see Berry & Pinson in Heels unis again.  This year was fun, the team definitely overachieved.  It's a disappointing end b/c the tourney is so wide open and they could have stole one but it was still a fun season.  Congrats to A&M, if they play like that they can beat anyone. That was the best performance against the heels in recent memory.

How crazy is the south region? Loyola against Kansas State for a trip to the final four.  we knew this was a crazy year, let's just hope we see nothing but upsets again tonight.

of course a few days after texas A&M looks unbeatable against Carolina they don't even show up against Michigan.  They destroyed Carolina from 3 and shot only 3-15 last night.  Michigan vs. FSU should be a good one in the elite 8 after FSU beat Gonzaga. 

and UConn hired Danny Hurley

disaster avoided thanks to Kansas.  Now I can watch these games in peace:D

I'm rooting for Loyola but I would expect a Michigan-Villanova game but Kansas keeps battling.  That nova-Kansas game should be a really good one.  It will be weird w/o the heels for the first time in 3 years but at least duke and UK didn't make it.  that would have made next weekend very painful.

The heels are reigning champs for only a few more hours, does the title go back to 'Nova or to Michigan for the first time since the great Glen Rice run in '89?  If 'Nova shoots the way they did the other night then they will win tonight by 20.  Hopefully we get a good game.

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Thanks, dude. Currently sitting on a flight back from Texas. Surreal to think Villanova is suddenly college hoops royalty!

You're a blue blood now.  Part of the furniture of the NCAA elite.

Now you get to deal with bandwagon losers who didn't go to your school.  Congrats!!  lol.  

But seriously.  That was a dominant run.  Must have been a ton of fun for an alum/student to watch.

Archived