Andrew 'just ran outta' Luck (guess who's his new QBC)

Lego My Lageman

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Besides, guys who are destined to be great coaches in the NFL always get downgraded to college OC at some point.

he had chances, he should have pursued it when he had the chance.  he thought more opportunities would come later the our team fell apart and it never came.

3 hours ago, gEYno said:

We've been over this a million times.  That play is on Sanchez.  Quick throw to McKnight is an easy catch and scramble forward for the additional two yards.  Same can be said for the WR at the top of the screen.  Our QB threw it to the guy who was double covered, as opposed to the one who settled open under a zone.

Not to defend Shotty, who thought he was smarter than everyone, which ended up being his downfall.

Sanchez didn't make the right read here but there is no guarantee that McKnight makes it across the line for the first down. The pass to McKnight would have been a longer pass and at least one of those tacklers could have cut across before McKnight has time to catch the pass, turn and run two yards. I agree McKnight was the better option but the best of five dumb options. There's nobody across the line who can catch the pass and not have to scramble for the extra yardage. If McKnight is better covered by the CB on that play then there's no chance McKnight gets the yardage. That's why the play was a setup for failure and some of the blame has to go to the play design.

Just now, nyjunc said:

just for the record, the last time Brian was a QB coach was when he helped developed some struggling young QB named Drew Brees.  I wonder what happened to that guy?

Went to the Saints to become an all-time great QB once he got away from the S&S father & son? ;) 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Went to the Saints to become an all-time great QB once he got away from the S&S father & son? ;) 

became a great QB in San Diego then got hurt and they went w? the young 1st rd pick.  Obviously SD made a huge mistake, should have traded the overrated Rivers and kept Drew and they'd have a SB instead of failing to live up to expectations year after year after year.

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Sanchez didn't make the right read here but there is no guarantee that McKnight makes it across the line for the first down. The pass to McKnight would have been a longer pass and at least one of those tacklers could have cut across before McKnight has time to catch the pass, turn and run two yards. I agree McKnight was the better option but the best of five dumb options. There's nobody across the line who can catch the pass and not have to scramble for the extra yardage. If McKnight is better covered by the CB on that play then there's no chance McKnight gets the yardage. That's why the play was a setup for failure and some of the blame has to go to the play design.

do we know what the actual routes were supposed to be? I cannot imagine a play designed where all the receivers do what they did in that play, have we thought maybe some guys read it wrong? it's not like we saw this play over and over and over again.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Didnt this guy just finish helping his HC at U. Georgia get fired with his horrible results as OC or am I missing  something here?

I know this is old news, Indy hired him in January but since we are talkng about him why on earth would Indy even consider this reject?

Maybe they needed to fulfill some EOE requirement.

The good news is we know where the Colts are from a technical stand point,

they are a threat to no one. Luck is screwed.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he had chances, he should have pursued it when he had the chance.  he thought more opportunities would come later the our team fell apart and it never came.

It's incredible too. Who'd have fathomed that an offensive coordinator could bring down a surefire dynasty in the making between Rex and Sanchez?

Just now, 77DRAFT said:

The good news is we know where the Colts are from a technical stand point,

they are a threat to no one. Luck is screwed.

yep, poor Andrew to be surrounded by the QB coach that Drew Brees credits with much of his development.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

It's incredible too. Who'd have fathomed that an offensive coordinator could bring down a surefire dynasty in the making between Rex and Sanchez?

Rex sucked, Brian sucked, Tannenbaum sucked, Mark swallowed.  we just lucked into 2 title games w/ the incompetence we had around the franchise.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

became a great QB in San Diego then got hurt and they went w? the young 1st rd pick.  Obviously SD made a huge mistake, should have traded the overrated Rivers and kept Drew and they'd have a SB instead of failing to live up to expectations year after year after year.

PM me when's your birthday. I'm buying you a sense of humor this year.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

PM me when's your birthday. I'm buying you a sense of humor this year.

:lol: believe it or not I am laughing half the time I am posting.  I know it doesn't come across most of the time.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Rex sucked, Brian sucked, Tannenbaum sucked, Mark swallowed.  we just lucked into 2 title games w/ the incompetence we had around the franchise.

Luck schmuck. We were on the verge of greatness and were undone by the whimsical meanderings of Santonio Holmes. Look at what all those guys have accomplished since they left the Jets. Nothing but success from top to bottom.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Rex was the right coach for a short time period with THAT team, he was in the right place at the right time, and also lucked his balls off in the process.

Tannenbaum sucked without Mangini to set a strategy for how to build a team, when he relied on Rex to play the Mangini role, he was very bad, but I don't think he sucked, just sucked with Rex.

Schottenheimer sucked, he had a dominating offensive line, absolutely dominating, and that line carried him.

Sanchez in 09 should have been at USC, and in 10 should have been a rookie in the NFL, he played as well as one could have expedted in 10, but when Rex let the line go, and the WR's go, and replaced the WR's with asshat divas, Sanches suffered because he was never a carry the team type QB, but Rex was too fng stupid to recognize that.

Mangini was building that team for the 09 and 10 season, and Rex took it and was a better personality fit and a welcome change from Sargent Mangini, and his aggressive blitzing scheme in 09 at least worked.

It all fell to sh*t because Rex insisted on trying to recreate the 1985 Bears, to honor his family name. The Ryan family always felt slighted in that they felt that Buddy was the mastermind of that team, and the real God, and Ditka and the offense got the credit. Rex wanted to rebuild it, and get the credit, and he let the rest of the team fall to crap, and convinced Tannenbaum and Woody he was going to do it and win a SB. Worst part was his defense never approached anything near it.

We had a ton of luck, and one really good game, and a very solid core of players that Mangini left over, its really that simple.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Luck schmuck. We were on the verge of greatness and were undone by the whimsical meanderings of Santonio Holmes. Look at what all those guys have accomplished since they left the Jets. Nothing but success from top to bottom.

well Braylon was on SF and they made the title game in 2011 then he was on Seattle in 2012 and they made the div rd.  Ellis left and went to SB w/ NE, Devito went to playoffs w/ KC, Revis won a SB, Cromartie went to playoffs in Ari, Leonhard was a Peyton Manning choke away from going back to title game in 2012, Weatherford won SB, Ihedigbo won SB, Cotch made SB, Cole won SB, Woodhead made SB,...:D

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Rex was the right coach for a short time period with THAT team, he was in the right place at the right time, and also lucked his balls off in the process.

Tannenbaum sucked without Mangini to set a strategy for how to build a team, when he relied on Rex to play the Mangini role, he was very bad, but I don't think he sucked, just sucked with Rex.

Schottenheimer sucked, he had a dominating offensive line, absolutely dominating, and that line carried him.

Sanchez in 09 should have been at USC, and in 10 should have been a rookie in the NFL, he played as well as one could have expedted in 10, but when Rex let the line go, and the WR's go, and replaced the WR's with asshat divas, Sanches suffered because he was never a carry the team type QB, but Rex was too fng stupid to recognize that.

Mangini was building that team for the 09 and 10 season, and Rex took it and was a better personality fit and a welcome change from Sargent Mangini, and his aggressive blitzing scheme in 09 at least worked.

It all fell to sh*t because Rex insisted on trying to recreate the 1985 Bears, to honor his family name. The Ryan family always felt slighted in that they felt that Buddy was the mastermind of that team, and the real God, and Ditka and the offense got the credit. Rex wanted to rebuild it, and get the credit, and he let the rest of the team fall to crap, and convinced Tannenbaum and Woody he was going to do it and win a SB. Worst part was his defense never approached anything near it.

We had a ton of luck, and one really good game, and a very solid core of players that Mangini left over, its really that simple.

I agree with a lot of this but if Mangini was building for 2009/2010 he should have been able to win in 2008 w/ similar talent, no Brady and weak sched w/ HOF QB.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

I agree with a lot of this but if Mangini was building for 2009/2010 he should have been able to win in 2008 w/ similar talent, no Brady and weak sched w/ HOF QB.  

He was winning in 08, Favre threw 2 TD's and 9 Int's in their last 5 games, they went from 8-3 and looking at a first round bye to 9-7 and out of the playoffs. I don't love Mangini by any stretch, but he built the core of the 09/10 teams. People love to talk about Favre in 08, but his last 5 games that year made 09 Sanchez look like Manning.

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

He was winning in 08, Favre threw 2 TD's and 9 Int's in their last 5 games, they went from 8-3 and looking at a first round bye to 9-7 and out of the playoffs. I don't love Mangini by any stretch, but he built the core of the 09/10 teams. People love to talk about Favre in 08, but his last 5 games that year made 09 Sanchez look like Manning.

So with a noticeably worse QB it changes the fate of the whole team?

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

do we know what the actual routes were supposed to be? I cannot imagine a play designed where all the receivers do what they did in that play, have we thought maybe some guys read it wrong? it's not like we saw this play over and over and over again.

Typical shotty sequence:

run 2 yards up the middle

run 2 yards up the middle 

Incomplete 

punt

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

was winning but didn't win.  he hand picked Favre and favre Favred him out of the div title and a possible SB shot.  the AFC was ripe for the picking in 2008.

Tannenbaum built the core, I always see mangini get so much credit so why is it he hasn't been hired to work in a front office?

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Five guys ran the wrong routes on a play?

Or one bad play design?

I'm going to go with one bad play design over five dudes all ran the wrong route at the same time.

Even if you think they all blew their routes, or at least some of them blew the routes, then you still have to pin some blame on an environment that resulted in multiple misrun routes.

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Five guys ran the wrong routes on a play?

Or one bad play design?

I'm going to go with one bad play design over five dudes all ran the wrong route at the same time.

Even if you think they all blew their routes, or at least some of them blew the routes, then you still have to pin some blame on an environment that resulted in multiple misrun routes.

I don't know the answer but it's not like we saw that play over and over and over again, can we think of one other example?  

Just now, nyjunc said:

was winning but didn't win.  he hand picked Favre and favre Favred him out of the div title and a possible SB shot.  the AFC was ripe for the picking in 2008.

Tannenbaum built the core, I always see mangini get so much credit so why is it he hasn't been hired to work in a front office?

If Tannenbarum built the core, why was he drafting/signing Choir boys under Mangini, and criminals under Rex?

Archived