joewilly12

3 QB's available via a trade choose one  

36 members have voted

1. 1. 3 QBs are available via a trade they are saying CHOOSE ONE

• Kaepernick
    • Foles
    • Glennon

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hmm?  You are younger than me. I ate everything I possibly could as a kid but never that. Or I may have and didnt notice. I eat in bulk.

LOL I did too, hence why Im not overly slim.

On July 14, 2016 at 1:29 PM, drdetroit said:

We already traded for Clady.  I don't know Thomas's cap hit but it has to be much higher than Clady's who is only $5 mil.

Will I probably be kicking myself by week 8 when both Fitz and Geno are killed by our O-line?  Probably.

Clady's full cap hit based on the 2016 season is more than $5M, unless he misses most of the season; he has incentives that can bump it to $7.5M with playing time. If he hits that incentive, which would be NLTBE based on 2015, it hits our 2017 cap and it seems that then further bumps his 2017 base by $3M. Basically as things stand now, if he plays out the season, it looks like Clady's 2017 cap number would be around $17.5M. ($10M base, $3M escalator, $2.5M roster bonus, $0.5M prorated, $1.5 NLTBE from 2016). The odds of Maccagnan allowing that to just happen through the natural course of events is approximately zero, but that's his scheduled cap number. $2M of it would be dead cap if he's cut, resulting in a net savings of some $15.5M based on the info that's been leaked/released.

Thomas makes $9.5M this year then $10M the next 2 years thereafter, which is a crazy bargain for him, but I think he wants his deal redone and is part of the reason he's even being discussed as a trade target. On the other hand, in the absence of giving him the pay raise he wants, the net is about $5M since we'd instantly release Breno. Plus if we redid his contract per his desires, the year 1 cap number would likely be a little less as well (though it would balloon quickly to more than his scheduled numbers).

The problem, other than the pay raise he wants, is he will also cost a good amount more in trade than merely swapping our 5th for their 7th round draft pick. On the other hand, though, if Clady stayed healthy, we would go from the worst pair of tackles in football in 2015 to the best pair in 2016.

Archived