What's Brett Favre's 1 regret from season with Jets?

Gas2No99

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Because they want a OC to also care about the QB and W/R's Hackett was hated by Wayne and the rest of the offense.. Which explains why Cumar was the only one that attended his farewell party that was held in a phone booth on Hempsted turnpike when he was fired after the 2004 season..:P 

hackett was a terrible play caller no doubt about it.  Wayne killed us late in his career, b/c we overpaid for him we couldn't pay for Coles and Wayne wasn't always the great LR guy he is portrayed to be but we are getting off topic.  this is about the mercenary Brett Favre who sabotaged our 2008 season.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

ahhh, nothing like stats out of context.

at Miami: he wasn't good and allowed Miami back in a game we should have blown them out in.  if he doesn;t get lucky w/ a haily mary pass to Chansi Stuckey we probably lose.

vs. NE: Matt Cassell's first start since HS and he outplayed Favre.

at SD:  those #s look really good, don't they?  the problem is we lost bt TWENTY ONE points and most of his #s came in garbage time.  we trailed 38-14 entering the 4th, the game was over and he threw 2 of his 3 TDs.  the third?  leon eashington had returned a KO to the SD to the SD 5 and he led us on that long 5 yd TD drive.

vs. Ari: he was great against Arizona

vs. Cin: he was terrible, outplayed by some bum named Ryan Fitzpatrick

at oak: had FIVE qtrs against awful Raider team and led us to 13 pts. was outplayed by jamarcus Russell

vs. KC: outplayed by Tyler Thigpen, again kept terrible team in the game.  this was a theme throughout 2008 for him.

at Buf: was very good

vs. SL: Sl was dreadful, he didn't have to do much.

at NE: was good but we led 24-6 at one point and he didn't lead us to another point until the 4th qtr and NE came back forcing OT.  he got the job done in OT, good game.

at ten: was decent that day.  

it's nice he averaged over 22 completions but when you dig deeper you find he wasn't good most of that season.  again, 3 or 4 really good games.  other than that he was hurting us weekly.

it is most important we were 8-3 after 11, despite all his up and and down play we were in a great spot then it got cold and he folded.

oh so he hated being a Jet and only re-signed b/c we got hackett who he played under for 2 years at Pitt? if you say so.

Too long, didn't read past the first sentence, don't care. 

Whatever man, I'm not doing this with you today. I just saw your exchange with Savage. It's clear you don't want to discuss merits, you just want to hate Favre. Saying that CuMar and Favre are different because CuMar "wanted to be here" when Favre didn't. No sh*t he didn't want to be here - he was forced to be here because he was traded here. CuMar is even worse...he signed here on his own after calling us bottom of the barrel. CuMar never did for this team what Favre was able to do before his injury. 

So go ahead and put your retarded ass blinders on like you do for everything else you've ever spammed on JN. I've already proven that Favre was great here till he got hurt, and that him sitting out wouldn't have done us any good because...Kellen. Clemens.

I'm out. 

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Too long, didn't read past the first sentence, don't care. 

Whatever man, I'm not doing this with you today. I just saw your exchange with Savage. It's clear you don't want to discuss merits, you just want to hate Favre. Saying that CuMar and Favre are different because CuMar "wanted to be here" when Favre didn't. No sh*t he didn't want to be here - he was forced to be here because he was traded here. CuMar is even worse...he signed here on his own after calling us bottom of the barrel. CuMar never did for this team what Favre was able to do before his injury. 

So go ahead and put your retarded ass blinders on like you do for everything else you've ever spammed on JN. I've already proven that Favre was great here till he got hurt not of his own accord, and that him sitting out wouldn't have done us any good because...Kellen. Clemens.

I'm out. 

this is why yo post the way you do, instead of learning you just will attack then post meaningless stats w/o context.

Curtis and favre and incrdibly different.  a)Curtis helped us WIN, B) Curtis wasn't helping opponents prepare for his former team, c)Curtis wasn't looking for the quickest exit possible from the Jets.

to compare the two is silly and a nice try to deflect from your posts.

hahahahahaha, you have "proven" Favre was great here.  you have proven you know nothing about this game when you say asinine things like that. 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

this is why yo post the way you do, instead of learning you just will attack then post meaningless stats w/o context.

Curtis and favre and incrdibly different.  a)Curtis helped us WIN, B) Curtis wasn't helping opponents prepare for his former team, c)Curtis wasn't looking for the quickest exit possible from the Jets.

to compare the two is silly and a nice try to deflect from your posts.

hahahahahaha, you have "proven" Favre was great here.  you have proven you know nothing about this game when you say asinine things like that. 

Favre helped us win games too and was effective the entire season until the last quarter of the season

We also had arguably the two worst quarterbacks in the NFL behind him and yes that absolutely matters

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Favre helped us win games too and was effective the entire season until the last quarter of the season

We also had arguably the two worst quarterbacks in the NFL behind him and yes that absolutely matters

I really hope someone quotes his terrible post and highlights the part where he made his number 1 point: " a)Curtis helped us WIN", and then asks him what exactly Curtis helped us win, other than winning runner up in the AFC championsihp game in '98 when he fumbled the ball away. 

Edit: Oh, he must be talking about how CuMar selfishly won the rushing title because he literally sabatoged the whole team. There's an instance where we actually had a more than capable backup who could come in and potentially be even better than CuMar behind the line we had in '04, but CuMar cared only about himself. And of course, nyjunk will talk about how the backup doesn't matter - because in both favre and cumar's situations, the backup mattered greatly. 

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I really hope someone quotes his terrible post and highlights the part where he made his number 1 point: " a)Curtis helped us WIN", and then asks him what exactly Curtis helped us win, other than winning runner up in the AFC championsihp game in '98 when he fumbled the ball away. 

Edit: Oh, he must be talking about how CuMar selfishly won the rushing title because he literally sabatoged the whole team. There's an instance where we actually had a more than capable backup who could come in and potentially be even better than CuMar behind the line we had in '04, but CuMar cared only about himself. And of course, nyjunk will talk about how the backup doesn't matter - because in both favre and cumar's situations, the backup mattered greatly. 

Jordan was good he wasn't that good that he was significantly better than Martin

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Jordan was good he wasn't that good that he was significantly better than Martin

No one said he was. I said he was a capable backup who could come in and potentially be even better. Regardless, the key point is that we had a competent backup for CuMar, and still CuMar kept playing. The only difference between that situation and Favre's, is that Favre had potentially the worst QB in the league as his backup. 

Yet, Favre is blamed for 47 years of Jets futility. 

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

No one said he was. I said he was a capable backup who could come in and potentially be even better. Regardless, the key point is that we had a competent backup for CuMar, and still CuMar kept playing. The only difference between that situation and Favre's, is that Favre had potentially the worst QB in the league as his backup. 

I don't think either are at fault

23 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Favre helped us win a few games, not many though and he was awful most of those first 11 games.  I just can't believe jet fans will praise Brett favre and bash QBs that actually helped us win and that actually wanted to be here.

who cares who was behind him? he had future stars behind him in GB and never sat out, it was about his ego not about winning games.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Favre helped us win a few games, not many though and he was awful most of those first 11 games.  I just can't believe jet fans will praise Brett favre and bash QBs that actually helped us win and that actually wanted to be here.

who cares who was behind him? he had future stars behind him in GB and never sat out, it was about his ego not about winning games.

We were 8-3 the first 11 games Favre wasn't awful.  

How you dismiss the fact that the two worst players in the NFL were #2 and #3 on the depth chart amazes me

24 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Curtis sabotaged the team in 2004? the team that was one of 2 missed kicks away from the AFC Championship game?  but the guy who actually sabotaged our team, the guy who couldn't even get us to the playoffs w/ excellent talent around him, a weak sched and NO TOM BRADY around was "great".  you just can't make this stuff up.

by the way, how did that more than capable backup to Curtis do when he got a chance to become a featured back?  please let me know.

it's like some people don't even wathc football.

16 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

he wasn't better in any way, he was a good BACKUP and nothing more.  when D's were tired he'd come in and get some yards.  he was a total flop as a top RB.

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

no he couldn't potentially be better than Curtis and it's Curtis' fault he was still great and playing at a high level? He was a top RB in 2004, Favre was an awful QB in 2008.  Curtis helped us navigate through losing Chad for 3 games and having Chad back hurt later in the year.

there is literally nothing similar about favre 2008 and Curtis 2004.  No one blames Favre for 47 years but I do blame him for 2008 b/c he killed our chances as we watched the QB we dumped for him take a 1 win team and win 11 games and a div title while the great Brett favre gave us sexting scandals and awful play.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

We were 8-3 the first 11 games Favre wasn't awful.  

How you dismiss the fact that the two worst players in the NFL were #2 and #3 on the depth chart amazes me

we were 8-3 b/c a)the sched was a joke and B) the rest of the team was really good.  awful may be a bit of a stretch but he was NOT good most of those first 11 games.

who cares who was behind him? again, he has poor stretches where he was hurt and had future stars behind him in GB, did he take a seat?  NO.  it was all about Brett, this was a man helping the Lions prepare for GB in week 2 instead of working hard for his new team at the time.  he was brutal the last month, the injury was nothing more than an excuse just as a year later his injury in the title game was an excuse.  whether healthy, hurt he always made poor decisions in big spots.

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we were 8-3 b/c a)the sched was a joke and B) the rest of the team was really good.  awful may be a bit of a stretch but he was NOT good most of those first 11 games.

who cares who was behind him? again, he has poor stretches where he was hurt and had future stars behind him in GB, did he take a seat?  NO.  it was all about Brett, this was a man helping the Lions prepare for GB in week 2 instead of working hard for his new team at the time.  he was brutal the last month, the injury was nothing more than an excuse just as a year later his injury in the title game was an excuse.  whether healthy, hurt he always made poor decisions in big spots.

well..he is now a HOFer.  Yes...he threw a LOT of poorly timed picks but had we drafted him, I believe we would have won a SB.

Anyone know why we didnt have a 1st round pick that year? (91)

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

well..he is now a HOFer.  Yes...he threw a LOT of poorly timed picks but had we drafted him, I believe we would have won a SB.

Anyone know why we didnt have a 1st round pick that year? (91)

we didn't have a 1st rd pick b/c we selected Rob Moore in the 1st rd of the supp. draft in 1990.

I don't know if favre becomes favre if we draft him w/ the dysfunction we had in the organization for many more years until BP came here.  remember, Atlanta drafted him and gave up on him after one year.

Favre is a definite Hall of famer, that was never in doubt but I think he tends to get overrated by many, there are different tiers of HOFers and he is closer to the bottom tier than the top.  still a HOFer, still and all time great but he's not a Brady, Montana or even a Manning.

Amazing how according to junk, Sanchez was the driving force behind the afc title game when he had the #1 defense and #1 run game and was literally asked to manage the game and not turn the ball over, but Favre was dragged to 8-3 by an inferior defense and run game the year before, but then was also the reason for the collapse of 1-4 because he didn't want to sit out and hand the reigns to kellen ******* clemens. 

unreal with this guy. I want to stop commenting on it, but I simply can't ignore the stupidity. I guess it's a character flaw of mine. 

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Favre was good the first 11 games.  He got hurt.  Even hurt he's better than the two clowns behind him on the depth chart

You just hate Favre

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Amazing how according to junk, Sanchez was the driving force behind the afc title game when he had the #1 defense and #1 run game and was literally asked to manage the game and not turn the ball over, but Favre was dragged to 8-3 by an inferior defense and run game the year before, but then was also the reason for the collapse of 1-4 because he didn't want to sit out and hand the reigns to kellen ******* clemens. 

unreal with this guy. I want to stop commenting on it, but I simply can't ignore the stupidity. I guess it's a character flaw of mine. 

it's amazing how supposed adults cannot read.  Show me ONE post where I wrote Sanchez was the driving force behind those AFC Title game apps?  ONE post.

What is amazing is how "Jet fans" can bash mark who HELPED us reach title games and praise Brett who sabotaged our season.

By the way, mark and Brett had similar talent around them from 2008 to 2009.  the biggest difference was Brett didn't have to worry about facing Tom Brady and 2008 faced a far weaker sched.  In 2008 we failed to make the playoffs, in 2009 we made the AFC Championship game.  Obviously Mark wasn't half the QB Brett was for their careers but it shows the talent we had around the QB to win which Brett couldn't b/c he was terrible for us.

instead of taking shots at me you really should pay attention and learn so you can have intelligent discussions w/ others in the future.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Favre was good the first 11 games.  He got hurt.  Even hurt he's better than the two clowns behind him on the depth chart

You just hate Favre

I was always a Favre fan actually., I never wanted him b/c I knew it was a bad fit but I liked Favre.  That doesn't mean I cannot comment on him realistically, he was NOT good for us overall through 11 games.  had a few very good games but mostly bad games.  I just hate seeing the iron man make injury excuses and then our awful fanbase eat it up.  the same fanbase that will bash, bash, bash players that actually did things for us.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I was always a Favre fan actually., I never wanted him b/c I knew it was a bad fit but I liked Favre.  That doesn't mean I cannot comment on him realistically, he was NOT good for us overall through 11 games.  had a few very good games but mostly bad games.  I just hate seeing the iron man make injury excuses and then our awful fanbase eat it up.  the same fanbase that will bash, bash, bash players that actually did things for us.

We'll just agree to disagree.  Favre was good in the first 11 games.  Was he all-world?  No but he was good enough to have an 8-3 record and then he got hurt.  S happens

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

We'll just agree to disagree.  Favre was good in the first 11 games.  Was he all-world?  No but he was good enough to have an 8-3 record and then he got hurt.  S happens

that's what we are here for, if we all just agreed it wouldn't be fun.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's amazing how supposed adults cannot read.  Show me ONE post where I wrote Sanchez was the driving force behind those AFC Title game apps?  ONE post.

What is amazing is how "Jet fans" can bash mark who HELPED us reach title games and praise Brett who sabotaged our season.

By the way, mark and Brett had similar talent around them from 2008 to 2009.  the biggest difference was Brett didn't have to worry about facing Tom Brady and 2008 faced a far weaker sched.  In 2008 we failed to make the playoffs, in 2009 we made the AFC Championship game.  Obviously Mark wasn't half the QB Brett was for their careers but it shows the talent we had around the QB to win which Brett couldn't b/c he was terrible for us.

instead of taking shots at me you really should pay attention and learn so you can have intelligent discussions w/ others in the future.

It says so much about you that you argue with everyone on JN for 20+ posts a thread with the same nonsense spamming, while everyone in the thread turns against you, and regardless of who's right or who's wrong, you complain that everyone else is an idiot and that they aren't capable of intelligent conversations/good debates. No one else seems to have this problem on JN. 

This is what people call a 'you' problem. 

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It says so much about you that you argue with everyone on JN for 20+ posts a thread with the same nonsense spamming, while everyone in the thread turns against you, and regardless of who's right or who's wrong, you complain that everyone else is an idiot and that they aren't capable of intelligent conversations/good debates. No one else seems to have this problem on JN. 

This is what people call a 'you' problem. 

what does this have to do w/ your lack of reading comprehension?   

Notice how none of the other back and forth I have had in this thread has been angry? just an exchange of ideas but w/ you it is always angry- what does that say about YOU? that ois what you should worry about- that and your lack of basic reading comprehension.  I am still waiting for you to show me where I ever called mark the driving force behind those title game teams(or anything similar to that expression).  

you are good at trying to deflect, not so good at arguing your points in these discussions.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

what does this have to do w/ your lack of reading comprehension?   

Notice how none of the other back and forth I have had in this thread has been angry? just an exchange of ideas but w/ you it is always angry- what does that say about YOU? that ois what you should worry about- that and your lack of basic reading comprehension.  I am still waiting for you to show me where I ever called mark the driving force behind those title game teams(or anything similar to that expression).  

you are good at trying to deflect, not so good at arguing your points in these discussions.

Right. Posting Favre's stats (quantitative proof), proving how they led us to where we were 11 games into the season and who we'd beaten and our position in the NFL at the time (qualitative proof), and explaining that it wasn't his fault that he was traded here against his will nor was it his fault he got injured, and that our replacement for him was one of the worst QBs in the league (providing context), is not arguing points on merit. Yet, you tell me I lack reading comprehension, 'post angrily', claim that I deflect but don't make points, and call me unintelligent.

Cool story bro. 

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Right. Posting Favre's stats (quantitative proof), proving how they led us to where we were 11 games into the season and who we'd beaten and our position in the NFL at the time (qualitative proof), and explaining that it wasn't his fault that he was traded here against his will nor was it his fault he got injured, and that our replacement for him was one of the worst QBs in the league (providing context), is not arguing points on merit. Yet, you tell me I lack reading comprehension, 'post angrily', claim that I deflect but don't make points, and call me unintelligent.

Cool story bro. 

haha, the fact that you think what you posted in any way proves your point is beyond hysterical.  Tell me how great he was at SD? threw for a lot of yards, led us to 29 pts, threw 3 TDs.  What you fail to comprehend is that stats w/o context are meaningless.

I ask again, please show me where I called Mark the driving force on those title game teams?  You can't do it but I can show your asinine posts calling Brett favre "great" in 2008 for us.

I don't call you unintelligent, you lack football intelligence but you very well may be a smart guy?  I have no idea and I really don't care.  Please stop deflecting.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

haha, the fact that you think what you posted in any way proves your point is beyond hysterical.  Tell me how great he was at SD? threw for a lot of yards, led us to 29 pts, threw 3 TDs.  What you fail to comprehend is that stats w/o context are meaningless.

I ask again, please show me where I called Mark the driving force on those title game teams?  You can't do it but I can show your asinine posts calling Brett favre "great" in 2008 for us.

I don't call you unintelligent, you lack football intelligence but you very well may be a smart guy?  I have no idea and I really don't care.  Please stop deflecting.

unbelievable. you're the greatest troll to ever troll. I bow down to your trolldom. 

On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 0:33 AM, Saul Goodman said:

F him. He never wanted to play for the Jets. He just wanted to stay in the league for another year until he could come back with another team, and exact "revenge" on Green Bay. 

foh

brett the jet is the man

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

This is true. Was a lot like Geno's game against Oakland last year.

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is true. Was a lot like Geno's game against Oakland last year.

somewhat but Geno didn't get an INT returned for a Td to give the Jets an early lead, Geno didn't get a KR to the Oak 5 yd line like favre got and then Geno didn't throw an INT for a TD.

20 hours ago, jgb said:

What next, Ryan Fitzpatrick goes AWOL during the season to appear on Celebrity Jeopardy?

You're showing your youth because we've already been there done that when our top pass rusher went AWOL during the season to thrust his sword into Red Sonja :P

Archived