I'll go first...

Bugg

17 minutes ago, Larz said:

chan had 2 bad drives, the 3 passes from the 3 and the first drive out of the locker room in the 2nd half, but other than that he didn't call for drops or poor throws.

give credit to the bengals, they are a good defense

It's just really bothering me that this is getting lost in all of this post-game mourning.  Cincinnati is a damn good football team and we played a tough and close game with them that, if it weren't for the kicker, we would have won.  Last year against the Eagles?  A team we were head and shoulders better than?  That pissed me the f*ck off.  Far worse than today.  This, to me, is a game that we almost pulled out that many didn't expect us to, and will leave a sour taste because we could have stolen a W off our brutal schedule.  In my initial projections, this was a game I had us ultimately losing.  

They're pretty undisciplined, but the Bengals are a DAMN GOOD football team with some great young talent on both sides of the ball. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

FIRE CHAN GAILEY.

Hired because our HC is defense oriented. Guy was out of the NFL for a good reason; he's a loser. 2 1st and goal inside the 5, with the OL brutalizing the Bengals running outside the tackles, and then this dunderhead decides to go to his exotic calls in the back of the playbook.

The hire last year should have been to a hotshot NFL or college assistant to take no prisoners hard ass pedal to the metal. instead we got an OC who thinks Abe Gibron and Hank Stram still work the sidelines.  

Gailey is a beeper salesman in an iphone world, an old retread, get'em next week, golly, we tried hard . Either Bowles demotes or dumps him altogether. I understand he called plays last year that often worked for Fitz, but we saw a lot of the same last year .Because Bowles is gonna lose his job very soon after another game or 2 like this. DISGRACEFUL. AWFUL. GARBAGE. 

How did you, who spews AWFUL GARBAGE, get so many positive reps?

Chan was not the problem today.  These last 17 games are the best offense for the Jets in years.  Chan isn't perfect.  Nobody calling plays can be perfect. OCs can, however, be completely incompetent.  Would you prefer Schitthead back?!?!  Your post is DISGRACEFUL.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

FIRE CHAN GAILEY.

Hired because our HC is defense oriented. Guy was out of the NFL for a good reason; he's a loser. 2 1st and goal inside the 5, with the OL brutalizing the Bengals running outside the tackles, and then this dunderhead decides to go to his exotic calls in the back of the playbook.

The hire last year should have been to a hotshot NFL or college assistant to take no prisoners hard ass pedal to the metal. instead we got an OC who thinks Abe Gibron and Hank Stram still work the sidelines.  

Gailey is a beeper salesman in an iphone world, an old retread, get'em next week, golly, we tried hard . Either Bowles demotes or dumps him altogether. I understand he called plays last year that often worked for Fitz, but we saw a lot of the same last year .Because Bowles is gonna lose his job very soon after another game or 2 like this. DISGRACEFUL. AWFUL. GARBAGE. 

I think this post is ridiculous except that I love the phrase "beeper salesman in an iPhone world" and plan to use it without attribution.   :)

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

FIRE CHAN GAILEY.

No. He is one of the best coordinators in the NFL. And he has shiit at QB forced on him by Bowles/.

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I had to rewind it to notice it at first, but he kicked that ball way too low.  Especially considering how close to the goal line we were.  Multiple guys mentioned it on twitter and I had to see it again to make sure, but ultimately that's what caused the kick to be tipped. He ripped an absolute line drive when he should have put more a lot more air under it.

Hey, it's one bad day for him.  I'm not gonna turn on Folk.  He's earned that.  That said, I can't absolve him either.  The line drive blocked kick and the XP shank were very bad and very costly today.  Even IF we give the line the blame, you just can't shank an XP like that.  We're in OT with something as simple as that going through the uprights.

No argument here. 

Chan called a terrible game at some points (particularly in the red zone), but this is ridiculous. Does anyone remember what this offense looked like 2 years ago? He coordinated an offense last year that broke franchise records with FITZ as QB. If you get rid of Chan, who is able to salvage the season especially with Fitz.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Fitz hater. He is the best QB we could reasonably hope for this year. But, Chan has done wonders with him (and hopefully will do with Petty and Hack). Only other time Fitz looked this good was when he was in Buffalo with Chan.

You want to dump Chan, wait until next year, but it seems to me he is the best OC we have had since, well a really long time. Also...

Chan didn't drop that pass with 40 seconds left in the game, he didn't miss the extra point, he didn't let the Cincy throw WR screens on us all day long, etc. There was more than enough blame to go around.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

FIRE CHAN GAILEY.

Gailey was the guy who proclaimed Geno Smith the undisputed starter in training camp last year. My head hasn't stopped shaking since I saw that press conference. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

One thing that I hate is when you need a yard you don't turn and hand off to a back four yards deep. You run QB sneak and get a push from your backs. Shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Yet the Jets ALWAYS hand off to a back on short yardage. Even the Pats use Brady on QB sneaks with one yard to gain. Get smart Gailey and stop thinking your already a genius.

This ??  DUH.  You run a QB draw from the 3 and get to the 1/2 yard line. You have 3 plays to get a half yard. Run 3 damn QB sneaks. But nooooo let's give the ball to Forte who is the essence of a finesse runner and lose 2 yards, then throw a fade into the corner. At least use Marshall whose like s giraffe in the end zone. Just terrible red zone play calling by Gailey. "Poorest execution in red zone I've seen since I've been here" (Marshall). 

Archived