Jets beat KC 35-15 in 86 playoffs, which 3 Jets caught TD passes?

Sarge4Tide

TD Receptions?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. 3 players that caught TDs passes were (please select 3)..........

• Wesley Walker
    • Al Toon
    • Mickey Shuler
    • Freeman McNeil
    • Jojo Townsell
    • Johnny Hector
    • Rocky Klever
    • Billy Griggs
    • Tony Paige
    • Kurt Sohn

20 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Pretty sure Kurt Sohn was one of them and I thought Kevin McArthur had a big INT or something, don't think Toon or Walker scored that day so Billy Griggs and Jojo Townsell would be my guess

Toon is definitely one of them. I was a wee lad but I remember bits and pieces of the fall and winter of '86 because of the Mets and Jets. That was when Gary Carter and Al Toon became my childhood heroes and I distinctly remember my grandfather telling me to go away after about the 20th time I yelled at him that Toon scored a touchdown.

57 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Toon is definitely one of them. I was a wee lad but I remember bits and pieces of the fall and winter of '86 because of the Mets and Jets. That was when Gary Carter and Al Toon became my childhood heroes and I distinctly remember my grandfather telling me to go away after about the 20th time I yelled at him that Toon scored a touchdown.

Lol cool.....I got into the Mets that year too, Doc Gooden, Strawberry and that epic game 6 at Shea. That 86 Jets team was the one that got away, totally imploded after a 10-1 start, recovered big time in the wildcard at home to KC and then that fkn double OT in Cleveland.

Back in those days the only NFL coverage in Scotland was a weekly TV highlights show the following Sunday so if you wanted live coverage it was listening on long wave radio to a highly unreliable and often very weak signal of American Forces Radio coming from Germany, we were leading the Browns by 10 I think when the signal began to fade away to just a fuzz of Polish opera singers and the news from Belgrade....It was gone for ages, way longer than usual and when eventually it came back Mark Moseley was lining up the winning field goal.....couldn't believe it ( still can't) 

Jets began breaking my heart that day and have done so regularly ever since

GOOD TIMES :-)

Archived