Since 1999...

win4ever

2 minutes ago, win4ever said:

We can't run because the teams aren't afraid of us vertically.  

If you look at our film breakdowns, just notice how often a defense is in single high safety against us.  I write it so much, I looked into other terms for it because I felt like I was repeating the same thing over and over again.

Against a good armed QB, most teams go with 2 safeties, especially a team with dynamic receivers.  

If our QB needs a lead, good running game, stout defense, and two dynamic receivers, and face mediocre to bad defenses to thrive, then he's not a starter.

we had the same QB last year and he has thrown a better deep ball this year than last year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I am not a Fitz guy in any way but he's not the reason we suck.  he's part of it but the main culprit has been the defensive staff and the HC.

Well certainly, he's not the only problem. 

Our secondary has played like one of the worst groups out there, and we still can't cover TEs (although I thought Lee did a good job, no idea why Harris was on Spiller)

However, Fitz is a major problem.  

On 10/2/2016 at 3:48 PM, win4ever said:

Since 1999, No QB in the league has thrown 9 interceptions total in back to back games.  It's not added to the Play Index on Pro-Football Reference yet, but it should be soon with Ryan Fitzpatrick.   

There are QBs that have thrown 9 or more in 3 games, but in two games, we stand alone.  

I went out of my way to praise Fitz after the Bills game, but these last two games were historically bad.  For a "game manager" he sure has a ton of interceptions.  

I tried to go further back, but Pro-Football Reference seems to cap these from 1999, so I can't go any further.   

Steve DeBerg.  September 1986 with Tampa.  Last guy to throw 9 in two consecutive games.  He got benched.  Replaced by Steve Young.  First time it has been done in 30 years.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Steve DeBerg.  September 1986 with Tampa.  Last guy to throw 9 in two consecutive games.  He got benched.  Replaced by Steve Young.  First time it has been done in 30 years.

Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you figure it out?  Just for educational purposes, because I played around with Pro-Football reference for awhile and I couldn't get it to go past 1999.  I'd like to know for future references.  Thanks.  

One guy that I found had a rough year to start was Jake Plummer in 1999, had 12 INTs in his first four games.   However, Plummer was 25 years old, former second round pick and they stuck with him for 6 games.  

Just now, win4ever said:

Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you figure it out?  Just for educational purposes, because I played around with Pro-Football reference for awhile and I couldn't get it to go past 1999.  I'd like to know for future references.  Thanks.  

One guy that I found had a rough year to start was Jake Plummer in 1999, had 12 INTs in his first four games.   However, Plummer was 25 years old, former second round pick and they stuck with him for 6 games.  

Not going to be able to help you much.  I heard on the radio this morning that the last guy to throw 9 in consecutive games was DeBerg.  Looked him up on PFR to confirm and find out what season it happened.  I don't know of a way to find it with their play index.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

we couldn't run, we were one dimensional and w/o our 2nd best WR.  I can't blame Fitz for this one.

We can't run because teams are stacking the box praying that our QB throws one up. 

Reminiscent of what teams did with Sanchez.  Who was equally bad.

Excuses everywhere.  Two picks were late desperation passes?  Down 2 scores with plenty of time?  Ok. 

3 hours ago, win4ever said:

Well certainly, he's not the only problem. 

Our secondary has played like one of the worst groups out there, and we still can't cover TEs (although I thought Lee did a good job, no idea why Harris was on Spiller)

However, Fitz is a major problem.  

Agreed....FITZ turnovers have provided our offense no opportunity to let the D rest and gives the opposition more opportunity to score.  

Quantify that? well assume he scored one TD and one FG with as many red zone trips we have seen. one less Turnover results in possibly one less score.

Fitz has to play better. HE is, by far, responsible for far more than the offensive woes as he puts tremendous pressure on an already depleted defense. 

10 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks to the OP.  Anyone know how INTs thrown by Sanchez, Geno and Fitz stack up against other teams for the same time period? It just seems like we have been saddled with QBs who throw a staggering number of picks.

I'm waiting for this....if I wasn't on an iPad I would put it together.

Also, please add how many INTs the D has caused. Probably bottom 5 ratio in the NFL.

Since NFL football games began being played, only one quarterback ever lost a game in which his team rushed for 200 yards and kept the ball for 40+ minutes and didn't turn the ball over. Only once....ever.  Look up any player such a feat can be attributed to and you will find none.  

This game is fun...and exactly what we need right now.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed....FITZ turnovers have provided our offense no opportunity to let the D rest and gives the opposition more opportunity to score.  

Quantify that? well assume he scored one TD and one FG with as many red zone trips we have seen. one less Turnover results in possibly one less score.

Fitz has to play better. HE is, by far, responsible for far more than the offensive woes as he puts tremendous pressure on an already depleted defense. 

It's terrible because teams are taking away throws and forcing us to beat them with progressions, and Fitz just doesn't do that.  It's quite maddening to see him lock into one WR and not look at anything else.  I watched some of the snaps on Wilson from the game, and it's amazing to see how he scans the field while moving.  For example, on the long pass where Pryor got the penalty, he's running forward and looking at the outside WR, before turning his head and throwing to the middle of the field WR.  That play was well defended, but he bought time by moving around and still scanning the field.  

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Not going to be able to help you much.  I heard on the radio this morning that the last guy to throw 9 in consecutive games was DeBerg.  Looked him up on PFR to confirm and find out what season it happened.  I don't know of a way to find it with their play index.

Ah ok, thanks.  Yeah, I'm guessing they have access to Elias to do research for them.  Yeah, I don't know why it just goes back to 1999.  

5 hours ago, win4ever said:

It's terrible because teams are taking away throws and forcing us to beat them with progressions, and Fitz just doesn't do that.  It's quite maddening to see him lock into one WR and not look at anything else.  I watched some of the snaps on Wilson from the game, and it's amazing to see how he scans the field while moving.  For example, on the long pass where Pryor got the penalty, he's running forward and looking at the outside WR, before turning his head and throwing to the middle of the field WR.  That play was well defended, but he bought time by moving around and still scanning the field.  

Havent you heard?  Wilson sucks.   Thats why the know it all JETS passed on him.

16 hours ago, win4ever said:

We finally hired a spread OC to match our starting QB with talent, then we have IK ruin it.  

Talent  ????????? Our talented back-up sits on the sidelines , sulking with a towel over his head . Just what we need !!!!

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We can't run because teams are stacking the box praying that our QB throws one up. 

Reminiscent of what teams did with Sanchez.  Who was equally bad.

Excuses everywhere.  Two picks were late desperation passes?  Down 2 scores with plenty of time?  Ok. 

I am not a Fitz guy so spare me your typical nonsense.  I am being fair w/ him.  the 2nd INt should have been caught but our WR not only dropped it but popped it in the air making it easy for Seattle to pick it and the last INt was in garbage time.

take your childish excuses elsewhere

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I am not a Fitz guy so spare me your typical nonsense.  I am being fair w/ him.  the 2nd INt should have been caught but our WR not only dropped it but popped it in the air making it easy for Seattle to pick it and the last INt was in garbage time.

take your childish excuses elsewhere

You not only don't get football you also have a problem with the English language.  Not a Fitz guy. who said you are?  

Childish?  Grow the F up already.  This isn't Fin Heaven, troll somewhere else

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You not only don't get football you also have a problem with the English language.  Not a Fitz guy. who said you are?  

Childish?  Grow the F up already.  This isn't Fin Heaven, troll somewhere else

you have anger issues son.  You go on these insane rants so often you can't keep up with them.  Stop responding to my posts unless you can act like an adult.  I lose IQ points just from reading your childish rants.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you have anger issues son.  You go on these insane rants so often you can't keep up with them.  Stop responding to my posts unless you can act like an adult.  I lose IQ points just from reading your childish rants.

And you're just plain stupid.  

You posted that the RBs are making it hard to throw, I said that opponents stack the box daring the Jets to throw.  I'm right, that's exactly what's happening, but you ranted and got pissy over it.  Pull up you big boy pants and STFU or stop posting. When you're wrong someone will post an alternative.  You need to grow up and stop accusing people of ranting when there is no rant or having anger issues when there is no anger.  Why would anything you said make me angry.  Lame. 

BTW, the idiotic "I lose IQ points"you've said it way too many times.  Maybe that's the problem, you're down to only a handful. 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you're just plain stupid.  

You posted that the RBs are making it hard to throw, I said that opponents stack the box daring the Jets to throw.  I'm right, that's exactly what's happening, but you ranted and got pissy over it.  Pull up you big boy pants and STFU or stop posting. When you're wrong someone will post an alternative.  You need to grow up and stop accusing people of ranting when there is no rant or having anger issues when there is no anger.  Why would anything you said make me angry.  Lame. 

BTW, the idiotic "I lose IQ points"you've said it way too many times.  Maybe that's the problem, you're down to only a handful. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/63621/an-inside-look-at-why-the-jets-are-struggling-on-both-sides-of-the-ball

that's in 4 games.

I look forward to next childish rant.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Childish.  Everyone is childish to you. You can't produce one childish line that led to your pissy fit, got your vagina salty.

BTW, I could give a shlt what ESPN stats finders saw this week.  I know what's happened all year.   

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Childish.  Everyone is childish to you.  I could give a shlt what ESPN stats finders saw this week.  I know what's happened all year.   

not everyone but you are.  there are others but you have serious mental issues that you lose it over every little thing especially when you are wrong a majority of the time.

When I literally pointed this out on another thread people attacked me saying I was saying it was ALL on Fitz!!
No its not all on Fitz but 9 INTs is a disgrace and I too said Fitz was SPECTACULAR in the Bills game!!!
SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!
But don't be Stevie Wonder out here!!

Lucy is a better QB than Fitz.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

not everyone but you are.  there are others but you have serious mental issues that you lose it over every little thing especially when you are wrong a majority of the time.

Then move on.  Im childish with mental issues and am wrong most of the time but you just can't stop talking to me.  What does that make you?  

For he last time, leave me alone. Go back to being the resident troll on Fish Heaven.

Oh wait, you can't 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Lucy is a better QB than Fitz.

I'm repping this, even though it's super corny, because you dropped it in the midst of two of the biggest jerkoffs on the site slapfighting... it's all about the timing.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Then move on.  Im childish with mental issues and am wrong most of the time but you just can't stop talking to me.  What does that make you?  

For he last time, leave me alone. Go back to being the resident troll on Fish Heaven.

Oh wait, you can't 

you responded to me then lost it as usual.  I'm here if you want to have an intelligent discussion but you don't like those.

you follow me on other boards too? I wonder what your name must have been at TGG? I love my fans.

why can't I?

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm repping this, even though it's super corny, because you dropped it in the midst of two of the biggest jerkoffs on the site slapfighting... it's all about the timing.

Nah, the biggest jerkoff is the one who refuses to admit he was wrong about our QB and continues to spread the blame instead of just admitting it.  

Im not slapfighting anyone.  I don't get involved in your shlt shows, so stfu

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nah, the biggest jerkoff is the one who refuses to admit he was wrong about our QB and continues to spread the blame instead of just admitting it.  

Im not slapfighting anyone.  I don't get involved in your shlt shows, so stfu

Oh, okay.

3077392-slap-fight.jpg

From Gil Brandt on Twitter:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is first QB since Doug Williams in 1979 to have 9+ INTs in 2-game span w/out throwing more than one TD.

--

Doug Williams was a 24 year old in his second season with a horrible Tampa team.  

28 minutes ago, win4ever said:

From Gil Brandt on Twitter:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is first QB since Doug Williams in 1979 to have 9+ INTs in 2-game span w/out throwing more than one TD.

--

Doug Williams was a 24 year old in his second season with a horrible Tampa team.  

Doug Williams and Tampa hosted the NFC Championship Game in 1979 so Tampa wasn't horrible.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Doug Williams and Tampa hosted the NFC Championship Game in 1979 so Tampa wasn't horrible.

Oh they weren't terrible, sorry.  When I looked at the stat line for his career, I looked at the next season when he went 5-10-1 for some reason.  

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Oh they weren't terrible, sorry.  When I looked at the stat line for his career, I looked at the next season when he went 5-10-1 for some reason.  

he was never a #s guy but he did help TB win and then obviously won a SB w/ Washington many years later.

Archived