Tony Romo as Jets starter? New York already starting the chatter

F.Chowds

16 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Psst, all picks are significant in the NFL.

Well if you're trailing by 14 at the end of a game you throw into coverage and hope you get lucky. Even Brady gets picked off in those situations. Fitz obviously cares more about trying to win a game than stats. Last week considering how poorly the Jets team played Brady would have lost with those guys. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Enough with these old stopgap do nothings.

I'd be happy if the Jets simply stopped signing "veteran QB's" period.

Having one on your roster marks you as a giant, conservative, pussy and frankly I'm tired of it.

A player at the most vital position who, you know, will at best provide mediocrity and a temptation to play that mediocrity over young potential for "competitive" reasons.

Recycle and repeat.  

Never take a chance, never be brave, never believe in the guys you draft, fearful of being fired if it doesn't work out.

We've been Franchise QB free for decades.  And how many of those years did we waste playing some old man with a VERY limited top end?

I get it, I even supported it at times (Vinny, Fitz, Favre).  You want to win, I want to win.

But at some point....take the god damn risk, play the kids, and get new kids if the kids you have fail.

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Almost assuredly. But then I remember reading that here last year as well. Countless times.

Big difference, he was still under contract this year on his rookie salary and we only had two other Qbs.  In any case we will find out for sure what our front office thinks of him next off season.  He'll still be cheap and in theory be a back up with experience and knows the system.

Just now, Beerfish said:

........and in theory be a back up with experience and knows the system..........

Why do we need that.

I know it's presumed by everyone as a must, a "veteran QB" on the roster, but why.

Why not have three kids, play the best one, and if you have to, switch them.  

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Big difference, he was still under contract this year on his rookie salary and we only had two other Qbs.  In any case we will find out for sure what our front office thinks of him next off season.  He'll still be cheap and in theory be a back up with experience and knows the system.

I'd be incredibly surprised this time around.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why do we need that.

I know it's presumed by everyone as a must, a "veteran QB" on the roster, but why.

Why not have three kids, play the best one, and if you have to, switch them.  

I'm not endorsing him believe me.  I'm saying if our front office actually likes Geno that is what they would be thinking.  I do not think we like him and thus he will be gone.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Having one on your roster marks you as a giant, conservative, pussy and frankly I'm tired of it.

A player at the most vital position who, you know, will at best provide mediocrity and a temptation to play that mediocrity over young potential for "competitive" reasons.

Recycle and repeat.  

Never take a chance, never be brave, never believe in the guys you draft, fearful of being fired if it doesn't work out.

We've been Franchise QB free for decades.  And how many of those years did we waste playing some old man with a VERY limited top end?

I get it, I even supported it at times (Vinny, Fitz, Favre).  You want to win, I want to win.

But at some point....take the god damn risk, play the kids, and get new kids if the kids you have fail.

Yup

its gotta be petty though. Hacks inaccuracy is a joke and he's a ways away from being servicable, IMO  

Recycle and repeat.  

Exactly. The next veteran QB I want to see better be a kid drafted by the Jets that played well enough and long enough to be a veteran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Recycle and repeat.  

Kind of like what a lot of said about Fitz this offseason only to get shlt back for saying it first

But we did take a chance on one of our kids, one of our picks - Geno and he was trashed by us Jet fans.  We didn't do very good job of being patient and taking all those loses with a grain of salt.  We accused Rex and Idzik for conspiring to get Geno to be the starter by playing our captain Sanchez hurt in a meaningless exhibition game.  I for one was hoping against all hope Fitz would sign somewhere else this year and I didn't even want him last year.  I wanted to see how Geno would do learning from the QB guru Chan.  I agree let's find out once and for all if Geno is a bust.  I want see if he has learned anything from being passed up by a journeyman qb, new OC Chan, new coach bowles and wanting to show the league something for his pending free agency.

Archived