OHHhhh Revis....

whodeawhodat

15 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Corners are the worst spot for aging players and now even more in this pass happy NFL.  

Revis is obviously on the decline but we are on him more so because of his contract than anything else.  In in reality he is taking the hits for what is a very bad secondary.  In addition, the coaches need to adjust to how he is playing now and not what he used to be.

I was never a fan of the Mevis take on him, but lately I have soured on him, and it's not just because the overall secondary is bad.  He's not making plays, or enough of them, and seems to be more shy of contact with each passing game.  Then he says stupid sh!t like that he was overweight but making some lame excuse for it. It just doesn't add up.  Hopefully he elevates his game right away.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I the last 4 years the Jets drafted Milliner and MacDougal, and signed Cromatie, to play CB (in addition to the others.

Milliner was a bust top 10 pick.

MacDougal was a 3rd round pick who in year 4 is on the Practice Squad. (may be a record).

Cromartie collapsed and could not be extended.

So it is mostly Idzik's fault that they Jets stink at CB, but Revis could be the Jets best hope at the position.

Revis' contract was completely ridiculous, but I think it assumed that they could consider cutting him next year, not that we would want to cut him this year (which was impossible for cap purposes).  He completely collapsed, even though clearly Woody pushed to sign him for PR purposes.

There will be another thread about the benefits of relying on drafted players and not giving swelled 2nd and particularly 3rd contracts to people.  How many teams get burned on these?

Revis isn't even trying though, there is decline because you are older and don;t have the speed and their is flat out dogging it which is what the is doing.  His only excuse would be if Bowles told him not to get hurt making tackles in the run game or something foolish like that.

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

I the last 4 years the Jets drafted Milliner and MacDougal, and signed Cromatie, to play CB (in addition to the others.

Milliner was a bust top 10 pick.

MacDougal was a 3rd round pick who in year 4 is on the Practice Squad. (may be a record).

Cromartie collapsed and could not be extended.

So it is mostly Idzik's fault that they Jets stink at CB, but Revis could be the Jets best hope at the position.

Revis' contract was completely ridiculous, but I think it assumed that they could consider cutting him next year, not that we would want to cut him this year (which was impossible for cap purposes).  He completely collapsed, even though clearly Woody pushed to sign him for PR purposes.

There will be another thread about the benefits of relying on drafted players and not giving swelled 2nd and particularly 3rd contracts to people.  How many teams get burned on these?

Maccagnan gave these losers a combined hundred million goddamned dollars and it's Idzik's fault. Have you people no shame.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

As you may not be aware, the Jets are run like 2 separate organizations operating in the same facility.

It is well documented that Bowles manages the defense and allows Gailey complete autonomy over the offense.  So, yes, Fitzpatrick is the unquestioned leader of the offense.  But who is that person on defense?  It's not Wilk or Richardson.  Problem is, it should be Revis and he doesn't want the responsibility in the same way he doesn't want to watch film, control his diet, or make routine tackles.

SAR I

Give us the link where Revis doesn't want to watch film, control his diet or make routine tackles.  Should be easy.  

His off season work outs are legendary, showed it one off season, followed him around.  He couldn't follow his normal off season routine because he was rehabbing his wrist injury, stop making shlt pinto fit your troll

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Give us the link where Revis doesn't want to watch film, control his diet or make routine tackles.  Should be easy.  

His off season work outs are legendary, showed it one off season, followed him around.  He couldn't follow his normal off season routine because he was rehabbing his wrist injury, stop making shlt pinto fit your troll

REVIS ISLAND BIG MACC ALL IN FETCH

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

REVIS ISLAND BIG MACC ALL IN FETCH

Good answer.

Probably our best long term, home grown HOF talent battles injury and age opens the doors for a group that enjoys ripping them as if they were a jag.  I don't get the goofy posts

Archived