OHHhhh Revis....

whodeawhodat

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

being in running shape vs. being in football shape are very different things, I am sure he ran as much as he was allowed.  he was not "fat", he wasn't in peak shape b/c he couldn't lift and couldn't train the way he normally trains and unfortunately 2 plays are defining his season(one where he should have had safety help) as we ignore that he has actually been good this season.

No and that is my issue with him... he obviously did NOT train as much as he should have.  The article i was expecting to read was about him aging and not being able to hang with these 22 yo hungry kids that get up to go against the best(Revis) instead just embarrassed his fat ass.  Give Revis help over the top and hope that he gets pissed and plays angry.  

Full disclosure: I am also a little bitter because i drafted A.Robinson based on how he ran circles around revis...

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

No and that is my issue with him... he obviously did NOT train as much as he should have.  The article i was expecting to read was about him aging and not being able to hang with these 22 yo hungry kids that get up to go against the best(Revis) instead just embarrassed his fat ass.  Give Revis help over the top and hope that he gets pissed and plays angry.  

Full disclosure: I am also a little bitter because i drafted A.Robinson based on how he ran circles around revis...

he's played well overall this season, we were spoiled w/ best cover corner of all time revis but that player is long gone. He's still a very good player though.

36 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ok...

Please explain how rehabbing your wrist stops you from being on the treadmill or stationary bike at your home for an hour and half and not eating as much?

I have loved Revis and have defended him on many occasions but this doesn't make any sense to me. Injuries and setbacks are not an excuse not to take full care of yourself in other areas such as calorie consumption. 

The injured wrist prevented him from pushing away from the table

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It's a terrible contract for a player a shadow of his former self. I can't believable how far he's slipped. Just another negative revalation, I thought Bowles was running a a tight ship. It turns out he's Rex without the charisma.

he did slip far, from greatest cover corner of all time to merely just great but he's still great and the best player this franchise has ever had.

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he did slip far, from greatest cover corner of all time to merely just great but he's still great and the best player this franchise has ever had.

He's not worth half of what we are paying him. It's not 2009 any more. We should not into paying him 17 mill per, just because he was amazing 5 years ago.

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's not worth half of what we are paying him. It's not 2009 any more. We should not into paying him 17 mill per, just because he was amazing 5 years ago.

his salary is not hurting us, it's not why we suck.  we suck b/c we have an inept coaching staff and a QB who is terrible.

yes we overpaid but he brought credibility back to the organization and is the best player we have ever had.  it's our luck that we can't get a QB version of revis.

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Ok has he refused to restructure or has he refused a position change. Interesting we want to replace him at CB yet we don't seem to a have CB with half his talent on the current roster. 

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

As the days go by, I become more and more convinced that nobody over there gives a crap about anything except their wallets..

Well, yeah. It's a clown of a franchise, how and why would you think any different?

Just now, rillo said:

A while is an understatement, and some seasons are just pathetic

I hear you as resilient as we are it gets old every year playoff time we sit and watch other teams same goes for the Super Bowl. 

2009-2010 was so much fun 2 AFC Championship games 2 years in a row and now we discuss if we are going to beat the Browns,

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

everybody knows you can't ride a bike with a bum wrist I mean come on....

Armchair wannabes always critical of others had pressed anyone on this board being critical of any NFL player let alone Revis 

Let me guess you were an all-American football player in your college days. 

Come on. Everyone puts on 15 lbs when sustaining a wrist injury. Why, you'd probably be hard pressed to find anyone in the country who didn't put on at least 20 lbs with such an injury and rehab. And please with the being paid too much to be overweight. It's not like he's getting paid $20M so I don't know what people expect. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Come on. Everyone puts on 15 lbs when sustaining a wrist injury. Why, you'd probably be hard pressed to find anyone in the country who didn't put on at least 20 lbs with such an injury and rehab. And please with the being paid too much to be overweight. It's not like he's getting paid $20M so I don't know what people expect. 

That move was a PR move because fans wanted Revis to come back the year before. Not saying it was right, but that was the reasoning, mostly by an owner with thin skin.

Same reason why Fitzpatrick came back at that price.

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly the best player this organization has seen in ages is now the new "hate target". 

Damn Jets fans. 

No I love Revis but he sucks on this.

And here is why?

Just read what another All Time Great had to say about stuff and attitudes likes Revis'

Yea let's see what Joe DiMaggio said about playing hard when his legs were gone and his skills were a mere fraction of what they were at his peak!!!

Indeed late in his career, DiMaggio was asked why he hustled on a play that meant little in a game that had little bearing on the Yankee’s fate that year.

"Because there is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time," DiMaggio explained. "I owe him my best."

See people who come to the game aren't just a meal ticket for you there is a relationship between you and the organization, players and the fans and you owe these others your best.

Folks and our sports Heros used to understand this.....

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No I love Revis but he sucks on this.

And here is why?

Just read what another All Time Great had to say about stuff and attitudes likes Revis'

Yea let's see what Joe DiMaggio said about playing hard when his legs were gone and his skills were a mere fraction of what they were at his peak!!!

Indeed late in his career, DiMaggio was asked why he hustled on a play that meant little in a game that had little bearing on the Yankee’s fate that year.

"Because there is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time," DiMaggio explained. "I owe him my best."

See people who come to the game aren't just a meal ticket for you there is a relationship between you and the organization, players and the fans and you owe these others your best.

Folks and our sports Heros used to understand this.....

Big Yankees fan father, grand father entire family great respect for the Yankees and its legends but wasnt Joe DiMaggio a drunk.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Big Yankees fan father, grand father entire family great respect for the Yankees and its legends but wasnt Joe DiMaggio a drunk.

Hmmmm wasn't it JoeWilly who said "wasn't it Un-American not to have a drink now and then and hang out with the ladies.....

No actually I am a Met fan... Thank you very much.......... :)

But I can appreciate greatness no matter where I see it and Joe DiMaggio was one hell of a baseball player!!!!

My dad is a Yankee fan

And I do have a baseball signed by all of the 1979 Yankees, and given to me by Doc Ellis, since my father worked as a cop at the Yankee Stadium detail in the late 70's.  Trust me had to gulp big time getting pics from Catfish Hunter and so on and even playing on Yankee Stadium field thank to, you guessed it... George.......  but you can't knock Joe DiMaggio...

But my biggest joy is still closing my eyes and seeing that ball go through Buckner's legs!!

Wow what a feeling!!

Archived