Who gets the nod as No. 2 QB today?

AFJF

Petty or Hack as the no. 2 today?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the number 2 QB today?

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Angry is a bit much.  I am certainly annoyed.   Aren't you sick of mediocrity? If the Jets hadn't won those two stupid games at the end of 2014, Marcus Mariota would be our QB... with an actual sustainable future for this franchise.

That's a fallacy. You dont know if they pick Mariota.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IF that's true, then what's the point of having a full round of drafting? Why would teams trade down?

And, how come the good teams who perennially draft in the 20's seem to find good players so often???

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's a fallacy. You dont know if they pick Mariota.

If I was GM, I would have taken him #1 overall.  But you're right, I might be smarter than our front office.  Jameis was horrible today. Bucs fans were joking that they need a 10 foot tall WR.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Difference making Tackles, QBs, and elite edge rushers are most often found in the first 5 picks. 

If you're looking for another mediocre corner, safety, TE, or hybrid "cover" linebacker, the teens are perfect. 

Not true. Many many examples of this. Like JJ Watt etc. I'm watching Aaron Rodgers, now. Another great example. And I'm not even going to talk about non first round picks or UFAs who are better than guys in the top 5. The teens and the twenties aren't mediocre. We've got Sheldon, Mo etc etc etc. 

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

And, how come the good teams who perennially draft in the 20's seem to find good players so often???

They don't necessarily find good players any more or less in the teens and twenties than the teams that usually stink.  Having a QB and/or an elite pass rush covers up the mediocrity of the rest of a team.  Denver and Minnesota with their pass rush.  Do you think there is anything special about Denver's O-Line, safeties, linebackers? San Diego and Atlanta are good examples of the other side of the equation.

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Thank you.

What ROadFan means is that the top 5 are full of "immediate" impact players. IN other words, no patience to wait for development

I am sure you were at the front of the line to wait...and wait.... and wait... for Dee and Gholston.  You're probably still waiting for that bum Calvin Pryor.

I have plenty of patience. WAY MORE THAN YOU. That's why I want us to lose!  Build for 2020 when Brady is finally done. That is how you win a Super Bowl. Not screwing around by beating Cleveland and finishing 7-9.  I am sure you'll be a "STB" guy during free agency too.  Whining for every big name out there, with all your "patience."

Meanwhile, I hope they don't sign anybody until a month in... at bargain prices.

8 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Mauldin played a perfectly ok game at OLB last week.  Same as last year yet Bowles goes away from it.  I call BS.  If it ain't broke then don't fix it.       

And when Mauldin gets beat in the run D or playing the screen we scream that they suck.  

Mauldin has been awful.  

Archived