Bench-a-Ryan Day

j4jets

Just now, Big Blocker said:

No one is talking  about do overs.  No one disputes the KC game. But by every measure it was an outlier.  Why, there are a number of posters here who felt and still feel Bowles should have pulled him from that game shortly after the half.  In which case  that overall effort would have been limited.

In the last game Fitz did not throw an interception. SMith fans all off season wanted to talk about the last game of the 15 season as the most recent Fitz effort.  Jus sayin...

We played the 0-8 Browns if Fitz did throw any INT's I would hope he would be CUT and left in Cleveland 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

jetschamp_zpsd38cce81.jpg

hood_zpsbfe99a94.jpg

tshirt_zpsf8cc3a80.jpg

Yes.

And the hat and the hoodie. Matched set. I call it the Bart Scott Can Wait Collection. 

About a month after the loss I was at my daughter's class play and I saw a kid wearing the hoodie. I asked where he got it and he said the local Marshalls and they had the t-shirt too so I ran over and bought all I could find, about 8 of each.   The hat didn't turn up until a year later, and that was on eBay for a pretty penny. 

SAR I

You shop at Marshall's?  

Do your neighbors know about this? 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You shop at Marshall's?  

Do your neighbors know about this? 

When it helps me pretend that we went to a Championship game and won one of them after 4 painful failures that took years off my life, yes, I embrace the Marshalls experience.

I think I am onto something here with the virtual reality idea. If we set aside a day right here in this forum where we all pretend as if we won the AFC Championship Game, wouldn't it feel as good?  

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

When it helps me pretend that we went to a Championship game and won one of them after 4 painful failures that took years off my life, yes, I embrace the Marshalls experience.

I think I am onto something here with the virtual reality idea. If we set aside a day right here in this forum where we all pretend as if we won the AFC Championship Game, wouldn't it feel as good?  

SAR I

Better yet, let's all descend on Jetlife stadium and watch Super Bowl III. Open the lots at 10am, tailgate for a couple, start the show at 1pm. Charge $25 per person, with all the money going to the Food Bank or some other respected charity. We can't lose!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Tom Brady makes bad passes sometimes, his wide receivers break up interceptions too. 

So these bad passes didn't hurt us, they don't count. 

SAR I

Does having 4 SB rings count? Cuz if he did, we wouldn't crucify him for a dozen bad passes. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Kansas City game was an outlier, Fitzpatrick had a terrible game, but to make the playoffs you can lose as many as 5 games, turns out this is one of them. 

So this game didn't hurt us, it doesn't count. 

SAR I

How old are you, SAR? I don't mean that in a negative way. 

2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

No one is talking  about do overs.  No one disputes the KC game. But by every measure it was an outlier.  Why, there are a number of posters here who felt and still feel Bowles should have pulled him from that game shortly after the half.  In which case  that overall effort would have been limited.

In the last game Fitz did not throw an interception. SMith fans all off season wanted to talk about the last game of the 15 season as the most recent Fitz effort.  Jus sayin...

Give it a wk or two. Fitz will come through. And just because he didn't throw a pick last game doesn't mean he was on fire. He was a lame duck. 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Better yet, let's all descend on Jetlife stadium and watch Super Bowl III. Open the lots at 10am, tailgate for a couple, start the show at 1pm. Charge $25 per person, with all the money going to the Food Bank or some other respected charity. We can't lose!

We book the stadium for wildcard weekend.  We hire 44 actors, dress them as Jets and Patriots, set the clock to :03 seconds in the 4th quarter, put the ball on the 2 yard line.  The guy in the #5 Jets jersey hands off to the guy in the #22 jersey, he scores, the fireworks go off, the confetti flies, the Patriots leave the field in shame, they bring out the podium, "NEW YORK JETS 2016 AFC CHAMPIONS!" is put up on the ribbon boards, 82,500 people are going insane.

Then we go tailgate until we are blotto, we sell hats and t-shirts to pay for the facility and the actors.  End of the day, it's what we've been waiting 50 years for, and if 82,500 people see it happen with their own eyes and believe it to be true, then it is true.

SAR I

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

We book the stadium for wildcard weekend.  We hire 44 actors, dress them as Jets and Patriots, set the clock to :03 seconds in the 4th quarter, put the ball on the 2 yard line.  The guy in the #5 Jets jersey hands off to the guy in the #22 jersey, he scores, the fireworks go off, the confetti flies, the Patriots leave the field in shame, they bring out the podium, "NEW YORK JETS 2016 AFC CHAMPIONS!" is put up on the ribbon boards, 82,500 people are going insane.

Then we go tailgate until we are blotto, we sell hats and t-shirts to pay for the facility and the actors.  End of the day, it's what we've been waiting 50 years for, and if 82,500 people see it happen with their own eyes and believe it to be true, then it is true.

SAR I

Are you really George Costanza? LOl

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Are you really George Costanza? LOl

No, but Larry David is and now that you mention it perhaps he can help me organize the New York Jets Virtual AFC Championship event at MetLife Stadium on wildcard Sunday.

All we really want is to feel what it's like and we can create that feeling with a stadium rental, some actors, a podium, some confetti, and some fireworks.  We can buy all of these things.  So why don't we?  If I can get 82,500 fans to pay $20 each that's a budget of $1.7M and we can put together one hell of a realistic experience for that money.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No, but Larry David is and now that you mention it perhaps he can help me organize the New York Jets Virtual AFC Championship event at MetLife Stadium on wildcard Sunday.

All we really want is to feel what it's like and we can create that feeling with a stadium rental, some actors, a podium, some confetti, and some fireworks.  We can buy all of these things.  So why don't we?  If I can get 82,500 fans to pay $20 each that's a budget of $1.7M and we can put together one hell of a realistic experience for that money.

SAR I

$1 beers and im in.........otherwise im not a fan of the performing arts. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I'm in. This is way more fun than the airplane flying over the complex a few years ago, and look at those results! You always did think outside the box!:D

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

I'm in. This is way more fun than the airplane flying over the complex a few years ago, and look at those results! You always did think outside the box!:D

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

$1 beers and im in.........otherwise im not a fan of the performing arts. 

Excellent.

I really believe this can work.  If someone told me that for $20 I could go to MetLife with 80,000 Jets fans for an hour and watch us win the AFC Championship Game while doing some BBQ with friends and family, I'd go in a heartbeat.  We can get celebrities like Larry David and Kevin James to play roles in full uniform, get some vets like Wesley Walker to cry as he speaks into the microphone accepting the MVP award.  I'm sure the Jets players would show up, media coverage would be off the charts, it would look and feel like the real thing.  Confetti, fireworks, we can storm the field, would be epic, and after We Want The Pumpkin, the inflatable love doll, the burning painters caps, it's very Jets-like.

Far more entertaining than the Rockettes and the Radio City Christmas Show and for a fraction of the price.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Excellent.

I really believe this can work.  If someone told me that for $20 I could go to MetLife with 80,000 Jets fans for an hour and watch us win the AFC Championship Game while doing some BBQ with friends and family, I'd go in a heartbeat.  We can get celebrities like Larry David and Kevin James to play roles in full uniform, get some vets like Wesley Walker to cry as he speaks into the microphone accepting the MVP award.  I'm sure the Jets players would show up, media coverage would be off the charts, it would look and feel like the real thing.  Confetti, fireworks, we can storm the field, would be epic, and after We Want The Pumpkin, the inflatable love doll, the burning painters caps, it's very Jets-like.

Far more entertaining than the Rockettes and the Radio City Christmas Show and for a fraction of the price.

SAR I

Only fly in the ointment might be Woody. But if "he who shall not be named" wins next Tuesday, Woody may be in.

Archived