NO IMPROVEMENT

Squirt

This team is soft. No discipline, no consistency, no sense of urgency, no will to win, no emotion, no leaders, no quarterback, no play calling, no adjustments, no pride, and no coaching. This team has not made any strides since the season began in any area's of becoming a solid football team. Which begs the question what the hell do they work on in practice. Can someone tell me?

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

This team is soft. No discipline, no consistency, no sense of urgency, no will to win, no emotion, no leaders, no quarterback, no play calling, no adjustments, no pride, and no coaching. This team has not made any strides since the season began in any area's of becoming a solid football team. Which begs the question what the hell do they work on in practice. Can someone tell me?

I would like to know the answer to that as well. What makes a scatterarmed QB like Fitzpatrick the "best option to win"? I don't think he does, but what is the point now? Fitz is trying so hard to look like a fastball pitcher that he abandons every other kind of throw and fires a fastball to Marshall in the first quarter that he should have lobbed in and it would have been six. Bowles is overmatched as a HC and should be relieved of duties as soon as possible. I usually don't advocate the firing of a HC so soon, but I worry that his lack of confidence in the young QB's will do more to damage their psyche's than any NFL D-Lineman could ever do. Bowles has no balls, and coaches scared. He is scared to be second guessed and that just naturally comes with the job. He may act calm and collected to the media but fans and players know when a coach is scared and he sure looks that way to me.

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

There was plenty of emotion early on today ... trouble is it cost us 30 yards in penalties on the opening drive.

And that falls squarely on the coach. Out of control players are the product of the head coach. 

Just now, Tinstar said:

Why was Richardson and Wilkerson benched for the 1st quarter ?  

You tell me because Bowles certainly isn't going to say any more that "coaches decision" and that could be anything from lack of production to not buying Girl Scout cookies from his daughter. I'm thinking it's the cookies.

11 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

You tell me because Bowles certainly isn't going to say any more that "coaches decision" and that could be anything from lack of production to not buying Girl Scout cookies from his daughter. I'm thinking it's the cookies.

For the purpose of this discussion, the reason is moot, but the simple fact that an action of punishment was made proves that Bowles is in command of this team. You can take a horse to the water, but unless that horse realizes it's thirsty, the water might as well be sand .

this is a poorly coached team, period.   Jenkins one-on-one with a TE on the goal-line is probably a losing matchup 99/100 times.  

You just can't go off-sides on a KO and you cannot allow interceptions in the redzone.   I don't know how many Fitzpatrick has thrown this year, but it seems like every time the Jets are threatening to save their season Fitz throws an endzone int.   As a HC you simply cannot allow your QB to do that over and over again with no repercussions.  

I think gm has done decent job so far

When idziot left we had no WRs. .....fixed in big way. ..one of the weakest areas becomes the strongest

we had an aging OL with no depth......fixed depth also had dbrick unexpectedly retire but did bring in carpenter moved winters to right side which I told them to do via jetnstion 3 years ago.  Needs more fixing but has done good do far considering

We had average RB. ....in Powell and ivory....ivory sucks over on jags so we made out on that deal with forte at fraction of cost

QB. ..this is where Idziot really fckd us giving us Geno a d passing on many other options...I think Macc has done awesome here actually bringing in Fitz last year and drafting the 2 pups...if rather pup works out and I think they both have good chance to then jetnstion will be erecting Macc monuments

CB. ..we had worst in league when Idziot left. Last year they played decent ...this year they suck..none predicted that and you can't win em all.  I do like how he worked contracts so they can cut bait when time comes. .pryor was another idziot gift that is preventing us from improving there.  Overall like OL it is still WIP

LB. ...like OL they were aging and like OL Macc has been doing a decent job via draft to bring in depth.  

DL. ..was always perceived strength and it is still.  None wanted to draft another DE but no one can blame him or complain.  It was also right move to let snacks go and sign mo 

Archived