Wait'll NEXT Year!

SoFlaJets

I think people are starting to find it hard to justify  the expense. It was a lot easier to stomach when the Jets were terrible in the past because at least the pain was more affordable. I really wish they'd do away with the pre-season altogether.  It is a money grab, that's for sure; but it is a business so there's always that.  I think they may slash prices on the pre-season in the future because people are getting sick of it. I wonder how many people will walk away before next season. I just couldn't imagine paying $700 per ticket for a pre-season game, but most of those seats are corporate. It's the little guy that gets hurt the worst. 

19 hours ago, August said:

Maybe now the fans will actually be patient and allow a proper rebuild as opposed to a quick fix.

This is on Woody Johnson.  He uses the quick fix, short term gains.  Haven't made the playoffs the last six seasons.  

Plus the whole team structure is jacked.  On defense, we spend all our picks building a doer D line.  So what happens is teams don't try to run on us.  But they throw the ball up and down the field.

On offense we couple aging skill position players with an offensive line that we spent one draft pick in the first four rounds in the last ten drafts.  

The most important positions on any team to fill, QB, LT, Pass Rusher, and corner are our weakest spots.  Bowles, heck any coach, doesn't have a prayer.

We should really rethink our draft philosophy, specifically in the second round.  

8 minutes ago, Pcola said:

This is on Woody Johnson.  He uses the quick fix, short term gains.  Haven't made the playoffs the last six seasons.  

Plus the whole team structure is jacked.  On defense, we spend all our picks building a doer D line.  So what happens is teams don't try to run on us.  But they throw the ball up and down the field.

On offense we couple aging skill position players with an offensive line that we spent one draft pick in the first four rounds in the last ten drafts.  

The most important positions on any team to fill, QB, LT, Pass Rusher, and corner are our weakest spots.  Bowles, heck any coach, doesn't have a prayer.

We should really rethink our draft philosophy, specifically in the second round.  

I think it's easier to build a decent defense than it is to build an offense. But anyway, Woody uses the quick fix because he's scared of the backlash from fans and media if we were losing. So to appease the fans and media he's constantly making quick fix moves to stay competitive. It doesn't work for us, we need to just bite the bullet and rebuild the right way. No more quick fixes. 

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

I think people are starting to find it hard to justify  the expense. It was a lot easier to stomach when the Jets were terrible in the past because at least the pain was more affordable. I really wish they'd do away with the pre-season altogether.  It is a money grab, that's for sure; but it is a business so there's always that.  I think they may slash prices on the pre-season in the future because people are getting sick of it. I wonder how many people will walk away before next season. I just couldn't imagine paying $700 per ticket for a pre-season game, but most of those seats are corporate. It's the little guy that gets hurt the worst. 

It really is hard to justify the expense, no doubt about that. The good news is, ticket prices won't go up next season.

But the cost for tickets, PSL, parking, tolls, gas, food etc....it is a big commitment. And when they play like this it makes you scratch your head.

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Isn't this like the 3rd straight year that you've quit on the team? Just bump the previous year's thread next time. 

There are few things you can count on in this crazy world.  However, no matter what happens, where life takes us, what's going on in the world, you can count on each and every year, SouthernJet to make a thread about how "we all Bleed Green" and SoFlaJets to make a thread announcing how he will quit watching.

On 11/15/2016 at 10:50 AM, gEYno said:

There are few things you can count on in this crazy world.  However, no matter what happens, where life takes us, what's going on in the world, you can count on each and every year, SouthernJet to make a thread about how "we all Bleed Green" and SoFlaJets to make a thread announcing how he will quit watching.

Sadly, EY this is true. I wish that I had a team that was worthy of spending money on. Buying jerseys and WEARING them gets silly when a person is in their 60's, but it's not out of the question to spend dough on a season ticket for DTV but these last few years it's not even worth the expenditure to put oneself through the terrible coaching and the getting worse every year; play by these millionaire goldbrickers. Then there is the owner who I view as THE number one problem with the New York Jets football team. He is the one common denominator, making the same mistakes year after year, regime after regime. It amazes me to see the Jets have rewound back a decade to the exact same type of team situation that they had in Herman Edwards' last years. After Bowles gets fired after NEXT season, does anyone think that there may someday eventually be an offensive mind leading this team, someone who has a clue on how to develop young quarterbacks? How about in May 2017, when with a top 5 pick does anyone here think they will pick an offensive player who will NOT be a bust or will it be another DLman, LBer or (most likely) a can't miss CB? 

On November 14, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Bugg said:

Photo of Lucky Sperm Club Member who came in 2nd to Woody Johnson's Jets offer despite offering more $; thanks Tagliabue.

Rangers have been pretty respectable despite  a cap setup. And he was smart enough to get out of the cable business right before the Great Unhookup,  if dumb enough to buy Newsday .Also thinks he really is a rock star. Kind of a mixed bag. 

Totally inept.

Like an infant.

Archived