Darrelle Revis files lawsuit against former agents (LOL)

Matt39

Interesting.  Was waiting for some information to come out back during the summer on why this went down.  FWIW I believe Revis did get screwed here, curious to know how he found out he got screwed.  He reminds me of my brother, he can come out of the bar at 4 am with a pocket full of balled up, crinkled and crushed bills and know exactly how much money he has in his pocket lol.  Bet you no dollar goes unnoticed by Revis.

It would be so worthwhile for these players to have a separate attorney to read every contract just prior to signing. I'm not Revis's biggest fan right now, and in the strictest sense he did sign a new contract with those terms outlined, but after that amount of time I'm sure it's quite common to just sign the last page. A veteran like Revis has more than enough cash to have anything he signs read over by a 3rd party lawyer/firm. They can't just trust people who are, like Revis, also receiving their own compensation as a result of this same deal; it's a conflict of interest and Revis stupidly trusted them.

That said, these guys are real lowlifes. It's clear Revis never would have signed if he read the whole thing; no one as protective of every dollar he can get, like Revis, would ever give up 50% of an endorsement deal when the going rate is 10%.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It would be so worthwhile for these players to have a separate attorney to read every contract just prior to signing. I'm not Revis's biggest fan right now, and in the strictest sense he did sign a new contract with those terms outlined, but after that amount of time I'm sure it's quite common to just sign the last page. A veteran like Revis has more than enough cash to have anything he signs read over by a 3rd party lawyer/firm. They can't just trust people who are, like Revis, receiving their compensation as a result of this same deal; it's a conflict of interest and Revis stupidly trusted them.

That said, these guys are real lowlifes. It's clear Revis never would have signed if he read the whole thing; no one as protective of every dollar he can get, like Revis, would ever give up 50% of an endorsement deal when the going rate is 10%.

Really is crazy, I guess a level of trust comes with doing business for so many years.  You are right he probably hasn't read or had anyone else read the last few contracts since he probably never had any reason to not trust them up to that point.  Really is a good life reminder to always double and triple check any contracts you sign no matter who else is involved.

51 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I just find it hard to feel sorry for someone who's been basically Doggin it, and stealing 17 mill per for the last two seasons. 

Lets not just dog Revis 

Ryan Fitzpatrick stole $12 million 

Mike Maccagnan ???????

Todd Bowles ???????/

Kacy Rodgers  ???????

Chan Gailey ?????????

Archived