As bad as our QB situation is

AFJF

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

i'll sleep much better knowing this.  we only gave fitz $10 million for 1 year.  whew.

$12 million total, $7 this year and $5 million that counts against next season's cap, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a hell of a lot better than Osweiller at that length/price.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Yet he's still way better than any QB on our roster

So you'd rather have Osweiller long-term for $18 million per season than being able to draft/develop a QB on the cheap, or sign Glennon and move forward?

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Osweiller has upside. He's not a 33-year old career loser.

He sucks.  Our loser is 6 games away from being gone and the team able to move forward.  Texans are stuck with Osweiller for $18 mil per season.

Just now, AFJF said:

He sucks.  Our loser is 6 games away from being gone and the team able to move forward.  Texans are stuck with Osweiller for $18 mil per season.

Hmm, the notion that less than a single season means anything seems hysterical. He was good enough to get a contract and to lead Denver somewhere last year. Long-term, the questions have not been answered.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I cant wait to see what type of Contract Mike Glennon receives...given that he's MUCH better than Brock. 

@AFJF ;)

I've said that many times this off-season.  Somebody is gonna' get a bargain.

Just now, phill1c said:

Hmm, the notion that less than a single season means anything seems hysterical. He was good enough to get a contract and to lead Denver somewhere last year. Long-term, the questions have not been answered.

He was about as good as if not worse than rookie Sanchez.  Best defense in the NFL carried him to a few wins before Denver went back to the lowest rated QB in the NFL to take his job.

2 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Texans can win games despite poor quarterbacking. That is an envious situation. Even when Jets QB plays well, there is a good chance it will end in a L.

You know what's sad about this post . There are some folks who think what Fitzpatrick accomplished last yr and had done this yr when he has played well is good QB play . Imagine this scenario, in a yr when you set career records, nobody wants you, not even the team you set the records for .  

Just now, AFJF said:

I've said that many times this off-season.  Somebody is gonna' get a bargain.

I would cry tears of absolute joy and bliss if Maccagnan pulled that off. 

Glennon went 10-11 with a TD and a 2pt conversion. Jets fans said that "it was garbage time and the defense was playing off". Well Petty was in the same situation where the Rams defense was playing off and keeping the play in front of them and the series ended with an interception. 

Mike Glennon is a beast. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I would cry tears of absolute joy and bliss if Maccagnan pulled that off. 

Glennon went 10-11 with a TD and a 2pt conversion. Jets fans said that "it was garbage time and the defense was playing off". Well Petty was in the same situation where the Rams defense was playing off and keeping the play in front of them and the series ended with an interception. 

Mike Glennon is a beast. 

Hopefully we get him inthe offseason but knowing the stupidity of this franchise we'll either sign Cutler or trade a first round pick for Romo

12 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Osweiller has upside. He's not a 33-year old career loser.

The best thing you can say about him is he's young.  And he isn't THAT young.  He's 26 and had 4 years to learn in a good system.  Clearly he either learned very little or he sucks.  I think it's the latter.

When John Elway casts off a QB, you know that QB isn't very good.  The Broncos went from 2 QB's on the roster (Peyton and Osweiler) to none, and filled those gaps with Mark Sanchez, Paxton Lynch, and Trevor Siemian.  If they thought Brock had any ceiling whatsoever, they would have kept him and not taken a fairly questionable QB prospect in the first round. 

Also, the Texans have been terrible at evaluating QB's for basically their franchise's entire history.  So they don't exactly get the benefit of the doubt on this call. 

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He was about as good as if not worse than rookie Sanchez.  Best defense in the NFL carried him to a few wins before Denver went back to the lowest rated QB in the NFL to take his job.

Ok, I can see some logic to this opinion. But are you talking about Peyton Manning, HOFer?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The best thing you can say about him is he's young.  And he isn't THAT young.  He's 26 and had 4 years to learn in a good system.  Clearly he either learned very little or he sucks.  I think it's the latter.

When John Elway casts off a QB, you know that QB isn't very good.  The Broncos went from 2 QB's on the roster (Peyton and Osweiler) to none, and filled those gaps with Mark Sanchez, Paxton Lynch, and Trevor Siemian.  If they thought Brock had any ceiling whatsoever, they would have kept him and not taken a fairly questionable QB prospect in the first round. 

I think Elway wanted to keep him, it was Brock who didn't want to stay in Denver.

Also, the Texans have been terrible at evaluating QB's.  So they don't exactly get the benefit of the doubt on this call. 

Hey, I have no skin in this game.

And, I must admit that my judgement may be clouded by the POS old guy we keep trotting out there...

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Ok, I can see some logic to this opinion. But are you talking about Peyton Manning, HOFer?

Yes.  Peyton was horrible last year.  The fact that Osweiler couldn't take the job from him, nor convince Elway he was worth the money in the offseason, are 2 strikes against him.  His failure in Houston is likely strike 3.  But they can't do much about it.  He's the guy at QB for at least 2017 and maybe 2018 too. 

It shouldn't make us feel good about OUR QB situation though.  We're a franchise that is just as bad at Houston at evaluating QB's.  So it's very likely that Petty and Hackenberg both suck, and so will our next QB we draft. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  Peyton was horrible last year.  The fact that Osweiler couldn't take the job from him, nor convince Elway he was worth the money in the offseason, are 2 strikes against him.  His failure in Houston is likely strike 3.  But they can't do much about it.  He's the guy at QB for at least 2017 and maybe 2018 too. 

Hmm, so it's not really just "the lowest rated QB in the league" now was it? It was a two-time SB winning QB...

Just sayin.

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

I think Elway wanted to keep him, it was Brock who didn't want to stay in Denver.

Of course he wanted to stay in Denver.  He had a great situation there.  Even with terrible QB play overall they won a Super Bowl.  Elway just didn't want to pay him the kind of coin Osweiler felt he was worth on the open market.  And rightly so.  Osweiler sucks and did nothing to prove he deserved that money. 

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Hmm, so it's not really just "the lowest rated QB in the league" now was it? It was a two-time SB winning QB...

Just sayin.

You're right that it's not that simple.  Even though Peyton's body had failed him, he was still very good at managing the offense.  But arguing Peyton was anything other than terrible at actually making throws means you weren't paying attention.  He was truly awful last year.  History will not remember that about his 2nd Super Bowl, but its the truth.  And it's worth noting in any discussion involving Osweiler.  Osweiler had a golden opportunity to take the job last year AND for the foreseeable future, but couldn't convince Elway to pay up.  Elway looks very smart in the aftermath. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You're right that it's not that simple.  Even though Peyton's body had failed him, he was still very good at managing the offense.  But arguing Peyton was anything other than terrible at actually making throws means you weren't paying attention.  He was truly awful last year.  History will not remember that about his 2nd Super Bowl, but its the truth.  And it's worth noting in any discussion involving Osweiler.  He had a golden opportunity to take the job last year AND for the foreseeable future, but couldn't convince Elway to pay up.  Elway looks very smart in the aftermath. 

No, I saw the player formerly known as Peyton Manning play like garbage and still win a SB.

Osweiller is maybe a modern-day Neil O'Donnell.

Just now, phill1c said:

No, I saw the player formerly known as Peyton Manning play like garbage and still win a SB.

Osweiller is maybe a modern-day Neil O'Donnell.

And you don't pay a modern-day Neil O'Donnell $18M per on a long-term deal.  Sounds like we're on the same page here. 

You're right that it's not that simple.  Even though Peyton's body had failed him, he was still very good at managing the offense.  But arguing Peyton was anything other than terrible at actually making throws means you weren't paying attention.  He was truly awful last year.  History will not remember that about his 2nd Super Bowl, but its the truth.  And it's worth noting in any discussion involving Osweiler.  Osweiler had a golden opportunity to take the job last year AND for the foreseeable future, but couldn't convince Elway to pay up.  Elway looks very smart in the aftermath. 

Exactly.  Manning, as it stands today, is still a 2x SB champ.  If he came out of retirement, how many teams would pay him like a HOF,2x SB winner, if any at all?

Archived