Jets Slap Season Ticketholders Across the Face

Lot K Tailgaters

On 12/16/2016 at 2:04 AM, jetscrazey said:

It's very simple: Send out this offer to non-season ticket holders, hope they bite.  Then buy tickets on the open market to cover the commitment well below these prices.  --> Profit.

Woody and Neil Glat are businessmen first and foremost.

Giving the Wood Man way too much credit. The guy is a tool.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, PSL's meant nothing to the 16,000 fans who actually wrote checks to the team.
But I understand why a bunch of malcontents would use it as their rallying cry to attract sad attention from the misinformed.  There are a lot of simpletons out there.
SAR I

And one particular simpleton who thought the picture of this dumbass was clever and witty to use to troll you.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again, PSL's meant nothing to the 16,000 fans who actually wrote checks to the team.

But I understand why a bunch of malcontents would use it as their rallying cry to attract sad attention from the misinformed.  There are a lot of simpletons out there.

SAR I

SAR I out of the 16,000 you say wrote checks for PSL's how many corporations would you say bought tickets and they arent fans. 

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

And one particular simpleton who thought the picture of this dumbass was clever and witty to use to troll you.

Dude again with the name calling??????  SAR I and I are cool we bust each others balls. You need to calm the hell down. Far from a simpleton son, remember that. 

10 minutes ago you wanted to bring me beers. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No I don't have tickets any longer my old seats for 20+ years were in the LL when they built the new stadium i was bumped back from row 9 what I had I didnt like the way it was all handled so I moved to the UD and paid for 1 season I'm no longer a season ticket holder. 

Instead of the title "STH" - as of Jan.2, my title will be the same as yours:

"Jet fan for life who will always be able to get good seats."

I will be in the Chase Club tonight.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

SAR I out of the 16,000 you say wrote checks for PSL's how many corporations would you say bought tickets and they arent fans. 

Zero.  Here's the breakdown of ownership (using the Jets number of 3 seats per average owner):

27,000 upper deck seats = 9,000 season ticket subscriptions

43,000 PSL seats = 14,300 season ticket subscriptions

12,500 Club seats = 4,100 season ticket subscriptions

Corporations wouldn't buy any PSL seats, they'd get Mezzanine Club seats which is the cheaper alternative to a full-blown suite.  Most common fans who didn't want to be in the upper deck high heavens chose regular PSL seats which have limited sideline views.

Pay attention to the numbers in bold up there.  See, too many people have this vision in their heads that 82,500 people were duped by PSL's, oh the horror.  In reality, only 14,300 people actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets and that's why they were so successful-  the Jets have millions of fans in a huge metropolis, they only need a tiny amount of people to scoop them up. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Zero.  Here's the breakdown of ownership (using the Jets number of 3 seats per average owner):

27,000 upper deck seats = 9,000 season ticket subscriptions

43,000 PSL seats = 14,300 season ticket subscriptions

12,500 Club seats = 4,100 season ticket subscriptions

Corporations wouldn't buy any PSL seats, they'd get Mezzanine Club seats which is the cheaper alternative to a full-blown suite.  Most common fans who didn't want to be in the upper deck high heavens chose regular PSL seats which have limited sideline views.

Pay attention to the numbers in bold up there.  See, too many people have this vision in their heads that 82,500 people were duped by PSL's, oh the horror.  In reality, only 14,300 people actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets and that's why they were so successful-  the Jets have millions of fans in a huge metropolis, they only need a tiny amount of people to scoop them up. 

SAR I

Thanks great info I was just wondering. 

11 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Instead of the title "STH" - as of Jan.2, my title will be the same as yours:

"Jet fan for life who will always be able to get good seats."

And as one of the 14,200 people who control the PSL aftermarket, I thank you for your business.

If you want to go to games in an affordable location, you need people like me.  So be nice.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And as one of the 14,200 people who control the PSL aftermarket, I thank you for your business.

My Dolphins tickets for tonight can be had for $39.00 and I am offering a bonus pack of 4 bottles of water and a voucher for 4 packets of Splenda.

SAR I

Maybe throw in a pretzel some mustard packs and a napkin to sweeten the deal or a $10 trash bag poncho. 

the only sports where season tix makes sense are the ones with best of 7 playoff series.  

the whole draw of season tix is the ability to lock in playoff tix at face value. The Jets would have to have a home AFC championship game for anyone to get value out of buying a full year of tix...........and that has never happened.

Football season tix are a relic 

3 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

the only sports where season tix makes sense are the ones with best of 7 playoff series.  

the whole draw of season tix is the ability to lock in playoff tix at face value. The Jets would have to have a home AFC championship game for anyone to get value out of buying a full year of tix...........and that has never happened.

Football season tix are a relic 

They used to be a status symbol something to brag about not so much anymore in my opinion. 

Archived