Oline. It's where you start a rebuild

sirlancemehlot

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Uh, the regular season didn't end until January 4th. Do tell me what it is he missed out on in those 10 days. I would love to hear this next whopper of made-up things that didn't happen. The games were over and the combine wasn't for over another month, and pro days after that.

Also there is so much additional revisionist silliness in this post as well.

He could have re-signed Snacks when he was a RFA in 2015 and could only seriously negotiate with the Jets (since nobody was ponying up the 2nd round tag). MM instead decided to be a smartass and merely tag him with no extension. Then after another solid season, Harrison's price tag went way up and - since he'd blown through all the cap room he'd inherited - he let him hit free agency. Real forward thinking there.

Mauldin is a solution for pass rusher? He's a backup player taken in the middle of round 3.

They had Geno Smith so instead of trading up for the QB they should have, he took a 3rd DT-DE when the team already had 2 talented ones locked up for at least the next 2 years minimum. As a result of that non-move, he then used 4th and 7th round picks on Petty and a 2nd on Hackenberg. 

I don't even believe one could suggest this absurd rationale you're reaching for. That because he pigeonholed his picks to holes he left after FA, this therefore means they were players the Jets' scouts were focusing on? 

News flash: scouts will scout all players on all teams. They don't ignore good players because they aren't present need positions. Where would you get such a silly idea? These were HIS picks. If you want to pretend there is this fantasy where all these picks resulted only from input from Jets' scouts, then he likewise gets zero credit for his only top-level player drafted to date: Leonard Williams. The scouts he fired get credit for that selection according to you.

Uh you have heard of the actual college games....their season is over in January...players get drafted by playing well in games...not silly track meet at combine..Macc himself was at college games this season scouting specific needs for jets..qb

u convienantly left out the fact the jets had Leo,Sheldon,and mo now all needing money and presumed strength of team at time in you little snacks story

mauldin was not taken at time to be a backup but I get how that would somehow fit your nutzo narrative

what QB were they trading up to get? And who was this willing trading partner you speak of?

not getting into your last ramble on....I think the picks suggest he didn't have only a stupid notebook to work with.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's just the calm before the storm. I will haunt you in your dreams. 

You have no reason for optimism. Only doom awaits us all. 

Um, thanks, Grumpy McDoomsayer!!

Actually, I predict a Super Bowl in the next three years.

How's THAT for optimism?

16 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Uh you have heard of the actual college games....their season is over in January...players get drafted by playing well in games...not silly track meet at combine..Macc himself was at college games this season scouting specific needs for jets..qb

u convienantly left out the fact the jets had Leo,Sheldon,and mo now all needing money and presumed strength of team at time in you little snacks story

mauldin was not taken at time to be a backup but I get how that would somehow fit your nutzo narrative

what QB were they trading up to get? And who was this willing trading partner you speak of?

not getting into your last ramble on....I think the picks suggest he didn't have only a stupid notebook to work with.

Lol

If you think teams only scout players they believe to be of immediate need, then go on believing it. There is no basis for it, just as there is no basis for the belief that Maccagnan was just some guy who didn't know the 2014 college players and chiefly relied upon Jets scouts alone. None of it's true, let alone based upon anything you've heard from anybody anywhere at any time, but go right ahead and convince yourself there's an ounce of merit to this belief.

17 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol

If you think teams only scout players they believe to be of immediate need, then go on believing it. There is no basis for it, just as there is no basis for the belief that Maccagnan was just some guy who didn't know the 2014 college players and chiefly relied upon Jets scouts alone. None of it's true, let alone based upon anything you've heard from anybody anywhere at any time, but go right ahead and convince yourself there's an ounce of merit to this belief.

Lol let it go man...I get it....if you were GM the jets would be perennial Superbowl team.

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I keep finding myself coming back to this thread - and I will continue to until draft day. 

The rebuild has to start with the o-line!!!

I don't disagree with this but oline appears to be weak in this draft.  Like any other position do not reach due to need  (See the ginats with Erick flowers, the worst LT in football)

Archived