Can I co-exist with some of you goof balls on JetNation next season?

Sarge4Tide

Fitz is gone, Geno is gone, thus the single defining cause of fan divide over the past two (or 4) years are both...gone.

While I am sure this pending offseason will be a doozy, I think it may be better than (for example) last offseason was.

The wildcard is retaining Bowles, which has caused some division, but nothing (yet) on the scale of Geno or Fitz.

We're a bad team, in need of some major help in many places.  I'm sure we'll argue over which QB's, and who to draft, as always, but I get the feeling after the last of the Geno/Fitz venting is done, JN may be slightly better than it's been.

JMO.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fitz is gone, Geno is gone, thus the single defining cause of fan divide over the past two (or 4) years are both...gone.

While I am sure this pending offseason will be a doozy, I think it may be better than (for example) last offseason was.

The wildcard is retaining Bowles, which has caused some division, but nothing (yet) on the scale of Geno or Fitz.

We're a bad team, in need of some major help in many places.  I'm sure we'll argue over which QB's, and who to draft, as always, but I get the feeling after the last of the Geno/Fitz venting is done, JN may be slightly better than it's been.

JMO.

Also, ambivalence has defused everyone. No one is gonna take up the sword for Bowles on here. Rex, and even Herm, had a cult willing to die for them.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, ambivalence has defused everyone. No one is gonna take up the sword for Bowles on here. Rex, and even Herm, had a cult willing to die for them.

Bowles is a dead man walking. He will return next year, with many of his flaws still evident. Hopefully, he understands what he did wrong this season and there is a shopping list of things and try to fix them, but you are who you are and he is not a tough guy on discipline. This is a team that let an entire season get away from them because of a feud between Richardson and Brandon Marshall - neither of whom should be back next year, while Bowles did nothing to quell it. I don't dispise Bowles like I did Rex, because at least Bowles isn't a total buffoon, but he is not the kind of head coach the team needs.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Bowles is a dead man walking. He will return next year, with many of his flaws still evident. Hopefully, he understands what he did wrong this season and there is a shopping list of things and try to fix them, but you are who you are and he is not a tough guy on discipline. This is a team that let an entire season get away from them because of a feud between Richardson and Brandon Marshall - neither of whom should be back next year, while Bowles did nothing to quell it. I don't dispise Bowles like I did Rex, because at least Bowles isn't a total buffoon, but he is not the kind of head coach the team needs.

Yeah, I certainly don't have hope and the first sign of trouble, for me, was signing Cromartie and allowing him to get cooked up every week without recourse. It set an awful precedent and I think everyone in the locker room saw it, and this was the result of that. As I said earlier, you can't really stuff that back in the bottle.

Archived