Improve this Offense

Tinstar

Well, since nobody was interested, let me offer my 2 cents via the draft since I have no way of knowing who will be available via free agency .

No QB from this draft will improve this offense at the start of the 2017 season ; None of the top 2 OT are worthy of the pick at 6 since the only one that I would even consider is going to have Hip surgery and will probably miss the OTAs and most of his 1st training camp .

Therefore, if  I have to pick at 6 to improve this current offense, my pick is

Dalvin Cook  .

6 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Well, since nobody was interested, let me offer my 2 cents via the draft since I have no way of knowing who will be available via free agency .

No QB from this draft will improve this offense at the start of the 2017 season ; None of the top 2 OT are worthy of the pick at 6 since the only one that I would even consider is going to have Hip surgery and will probably miss the OTAs and most of his 1st training camp .

Therefore, if  I have to pick at 6 to improve this current offense, my pick is

Dalvin Cook  .

I'd really love to trade down.

If not, I have been going back and forth between taking the best pure talent in Fournette or a QB simply b/c the Jets need a QB and you can't win without one (Watson, Trubinsky, whoever).

But the flavor of the week for me is Cam Robinson. I've seen Bama play quite a bit but he really impressed me watching him in the Championship game.

And think about it: he would be the safest pick, he plays a position we are in dire need of, he's great in both the pass and the run, he can play multiple positions on the o-line if need be, and I think he can step right in and start, at least at RT. 

All 3 positions would improve the offense, but Robinson has a good chance to be a dominant starter on our O-line for the next 10 years.

48 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I'd really love to trade down.

If not, I have been going back and forth between taking the best pure talent in Fournette or a QB simply b/c the Jets need a QB and you can't win without one (Watson, Trubinsky, whoever).

But the flavor of the week for me is Cam Robinson. I've seen Bama play quite a bit but he really impressed me watching him in the Championship game.

And think about it: he would be the safest pick, he plays a position we are in dire need of, he's great in both the pass and the run, he can play multiple positions on the o-line if need be, and I think he can step right in and start, at least at RT. 

All 3 positions would improve the offense, but Robinson has a good chance to be a dominant starter on our O-line for the next 10 years.

The Jets are not going to take that kid and he's going to have to do a ton of work between now and the draft to stay in the 1st round . His off the field is a mess . If Trubisky and Cook are available at 6, the Jets are going to have a decision to make . I'm not a Fournette fan, and I won't have to worry about him because so many have him ranked so highly .

IMO, the best way to improve this offense is Dalvin Cook, but I don't have a problem taking the QB as long as it's not Kizer.

12 hours ago, Tinstar said:

The Jets are not going to take that kid and he's going to have to do a ton of work between now and the draft to stay in the 1st round . His off the field is a mess . If Trubisky and Cook are available at 6, the Jets are going to have a decision to make . I'm not a Fournette fan, and I won't have to worry about him because so many have him ranked so highly .

IMO, the best way to improve this offense is Dalvin Cook, but I don't have a problem taking the QB as long as it's not Kizer.

So just to be clear, you think he will fall out of the first round b/c of his arrest? So its nothing having to do with his play on the field? When you say a ton of work, what do you mean? Like improve his footwork? 

Just wondering. B/C the DA decided not to prosecute. So, although a number of teams may shy away from him just b/c of the incident and possibility of future incidents based off said incident, he is still the top OT prospect in the draft no? And someone will draft him and get the top OT in the draft and a possibly a dominant NFL O-lineman for the next 10 years. I mean, it's not like he has a long history of getting into trouble with the law or drug addiction or anything like that does he? Maybe I am unaware.     

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So just to be clear, you think he will fall out of the first round b/c of his arrest? So its nothing having to do with his play on the field? When you say a ton of work, what do you mean? Like improve his footwork? 

Just wondering. B/C the DA decided not to prosecute. So, although a number of teams may shy away from him just b/c of the incident and possibility of future incidents based off said incident, he is still the top OT prospect in the draft no?   

Yes, but only because the guy who I think is the best OT in this draft either will or have had hip surgery  and will probably not be able to workout at the Combines or be ready for training camp . As far as Robinson goes, I don't like his feet at all . He's slow almost every time off the snap when he's not jumping off sides and it negates the best part of his game which is his power . When he gets his hands on you it's over, but with his feet, he would probably have trouble with edge rushers who are speed rushers .

His arrest was on drug and weapons charges, and if you don't think teams will drop him you haven't been paying attention .  Some teams might go as far as taking that kid off their draft board . .

Then again, the Jets did try to trade up for Laremy  Tunsil last year when he started dropping  . 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

His arrest was on drug and weapons charges, and if you don't think teams will drop him you haven't been paying attention .  Some teams might go as far as taking that kid off their draft board . s

Stolen gun, but the DA dropped the charges because "these kids have been working and sweating while we were all home in the air conditioning."  Makes sense. 

- Obtain Jay Cutler after he gets cut by Chicago.  (Yeah most people will kill me for this one)

- Sign OT Andrew Whitworth as a stop gap OT

- Sign OG Larry Warford if Winters outprices himself.

- Draft RB Dalvin Cook in the 1st round

- Draft TE OJ Howard in the 2nd round.

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

- Obtain Jay Cutler after he gets cut by Chicago.  (Yeah most people will kill me for this one)

- Sign OT Andrew Whitworth as a stop gap OT

- Sign OG Larry Warford if Winters outprices himself.

- Draft RB Dalvin Cook in the 1st round

- Draft TE OJ Howard in the 2nd round.

I have no problem with any of this and as a matter of fact, all these moves would improve the team for 2017 .  That being said, I don't want Jay Cutler, not for all the reasons folks have mentioned, but because of what it will cost to acquire his services .  I want a Veteran QB who will start only if the Kids prove that they can't but will sit  on the bench and be supportive and not critique in the media weekly . I happen to think that O J Howard will be drafted in the 1st round, because he's the closest thing to a complete TE the draft has seen in forever .

Archived