Reliving Dec. 30th, 2007 -- Kansas City Chiefs at New York Jets

ZachEY

Just now, nyjunc said:

I have done it over and over, you choose to ignore it.  that's on you.  we all know the players that have been run out of town, you can say it was warranted but the Giant fans tried to run Eli out of town prior to both SB runs, their management team wasn't dumb enough to do it.  they just kept surrounding him w/ more talent.  we, on the other hand, just dump players, coaches and GMs.

4 times without actually answering!!! Can we make it 5???

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

how about 6,7,8,9,10...??  it's already been answered numerous times but keep deflecting.

We'll call this one the 5th time... I'm deflecting?  I've asked you a simple question and you've now responded 5 times without answering it.  But I'm deflecting?  Okay, then.

13 hours ago, gEYno said:

We'll call this one the 5th time... I'm deflecting?  I've asked you a simple question and you've now responded 5 times without answering it.  But I'm deflecting?  Okay, then.

the question has been answered for you too many times to count but please be an average fan and call for the cutting, firing, etc... of players/coaches/execs.  it's seems like a winning formula.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If only the internet existed for Richard Todd vs. Matt Robinson.  Reviewing those posts would be glorious!

Interesting to bring up Richard Todd, he helped us get to 2 postseasons and 1 title game.  in 4 postseason games he threw 4 TDs and 12 INTs, in 9(all on the road, Todd had one home game) Mark threw 9 TDs and 3 INTs.

31 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the question has been answered for you too many times to count but please be an average fan and call for the cutting, firing, etc... of players/coaches/execs.  it's seems like a winning formula.

I'm curious nyjunk, do you think that if the Jets had kept Sanchez, that he would be a legit franchise QB here today?

Do you believe he would have gotten the Jets to a Super Bowl in the years since he left?  Would have won one, in your view?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm curious nyjunk, do you think that if the Jets had kept Sanchez, that he would be a legit franchise QB here today?

Do you believe he would have gotten the Jets to a Super Bowl in the years since he left?  Would have won one, in your view?

"nyjunk" is very witty!

I believe we would have had a great chance to make the playoffs in 2013 and we would have made the playoffs in 2015.  we had too many issues in 2012 and 2014 for a QB like him to make a difference.  What I do know is that when he had talent around him we won, when he had the worst talent in the league we lost but still weren't as bad as our talented team last year. it's hard to win playoff games in this league, when you have a young guy who has proven the stage isn't too big for him you don't dump him for Geno Smith.  You try to acquire talent for him.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

"nyjunk" is very witty!

I believe we would have had a great chance to make the playoffs in 2013 and we would have made the playoffs in 2015.  we had too many issues in 2012 and 2014 for a QB like him to make a difference.  What I do know is that when he had talent around him we won, when he had the worst talent in the league we lost but still weren't as bad as our talented team last year. it's hard to win playoff games in this league, when you have a young guy who has proven the stage isn't too big for him you don't dump him for Geno Smith.  You try to acquire talent for him.  

Sorry, typo.

You didn't answer the question tho.

Would Sanchez be a legit franchise QB or no?  Would his name be spoken alongside Rapelisberger, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, etc. as an equal?

And do you believe he would have gotten to, and won, a Super Bowl?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sorry, typo.

You didn't answer the question tho.

Would Sanchez be a legit franchise QB or no?  Would his name be spoken alongside Rapelisberger, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, etc. as an equal?

And do you believe he would have gotten to, and won, a Super Bowl?

Franchise QB in that he would be a solid starter you can win w/?  absolutely.  franchise QB like the few elite guys that can carry teams? No, there's only about 2-3 of those guys.

I think Ben and Brees are just outside of that Brady/Rodgers category.  Eli is middle of the pack, Mark would be in that middle of the pack group that can fluctuate anywhere from top 10 to top 2o in a given season.

hard to say, the only team w/ close to SB caliber talent was 2015 but I don't think the D was quite good enough though we would have made the playoffs and once in you never know.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Franchise QB in that he would be a solid starter you can win w/?  absolutely.  franchise QB like the few elite guys that can carry teams? No, there's only about 2-3 of those guys.

I think Ben and Brees are just outside of that Brady/Rodgers category.  Eli is middle of the pack, Mark would be in that middle of the pack group that can fluctuate anywhere from top 10 to top 2o in a given season.

Then please allow me to rephrase the question:  Would Mark Sanchez have been the functional equivalent to Ben Rothlisberger/Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers/Matt Ryan/Matt Stafford in terms of quality and production?

Just now, nyjunc said:

hard to say, the only team w/ close to SB caliber talent was 2015 but I don't think the D was quite good enough though we would have made the playoffs and once in you never know.

Ok.

Why doesn't anybody understand the meaning of FRANCHISE? 

Franchise does not mean functional starter.  A franchise player is more than a star.  He is somebody that you would trade most of your team for.  Sanchez may have been a borderline decent QB at one point.  That is debatable.  The idea that he was ever a franchise player is beyond laughable. In a league where Brock Osweiler signed a $72M contract and Chase Daniels is making $7M per, nobody wants this guy.  

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Then please allow me to rephrase the question:  Would Mark Sanchez have been the functional equivalent to Ben Rothlisberger/Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers/Matt Ryan/Matt Stafford in terms of quality and production?

Ok.

Ben and Brees are on another level, he outplayed Rivers as a rookie in the div rd, Stafford has had more talent around him and is still seeking his first playoff win and Ryhan  has had top notch talent around him his entire career.  

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Except that you say Braylon Edwards was his favorite target.  Why bring up the kick returner?  

so why would you bring up Holmes and Gaffney?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why doesn't anybody understand the meaning of FRANCHISE? 

Franchise does not mean functional starter.  A franchise player is more than a star.  He is somebody that you would trade most of your team for.  Sanchez may have been a borderline decent QB at one point.  That is debatable.  The idea that he was ever a franchise player is beyond laughable. In a league where Brock Osweiler signed a $72M contract and Chase Daniels is making $7M per, nobody wants this guy.  

so basically there are about 5 franchise QBs in the league, if that is the definition he is not one and neither is Rivers, Eli, Flacco, etc...

the Brock signing is more about hope for the future, he was an unknown on a loaded Bronco team that carried Peyton to a title. everyone wants to find that next young QB, mark doesn't fit in there anymore.  what do you think mark would have gotten if he was a FA after 2009 or 2010?  that's a better comparison.

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Ben and Brees are on another level, he outplayed Rivers as a rookie in the div rd, Stafford has had more talent around him and is still seeking his first playoff win and Ryhan  has had top notch talent around him his entire career.  

Is that a yes, or a no?  I honestly can't tell.

Archived