If the NY jets pass on Patrick Mahomes at 6 it would be like passing on Russel Wilson, Derek Carr, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Presscott.......

Lgm ny jets

I am tired of the NY jets just screwing up this QB position for years, I am tired of the best player available formula, I tired of the New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Pittsburgs Steelers and Green Bay Packers drafting at the bottom of every round every year and finding franchise caliber players. Because this teams draft players they scout and they believe in, regarless if draft experts believe they reach in the draft or not.

Patrick Mahomes II has officially been given a 2nd round grade by NFL college of draft advisory. Do you know what that means? He is gonna get drafted in the 1st round. Do you know by whom? By an AFC team that has already speculated that they like Patrick Mahomes. He has been seen taking a picture with Kansas City owner, the Cleveland Browns like him as well and there is speculation about Hue Jackson liking him, the steelers fans love him enough to make a freaking youtube video out of him. This NY jets organization has pass on Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Derrek Carr, Dak Presscott and I am sure I miss many more. But in this 2017 draft they have a chance to get a QB that can turn into a special QB in the league, if he is willing to get coached. And you know what was the first thing that he answer when they asked him what he expect from the team that drafts him? He said "I just want to be coached"

I am also freaking tired of the people that say oh but Vince Young, Johnny Manziel, RG3, Geno Smith were all great college QBs and where r they now? To that I say; Wake up people!!! The problem with all those QBs was never a skill problem, they all had the physicall abilities to play the position, but they all lacked one thing; mental thoughness or maturity. Maturity needed to understand that you just don't show up and win in the National Football League, you have to have a proffessional work etthic. You have to be able to burry your ego and looked at yourself in the mirror and understand what are your weakeness and be willing to work on them. 

What happen to Vince Young? He was constantly arguing with Jeff Fisher all the time and was not working as hard as he should have been to get better, he admited that himself on an interview with Fox sports:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tennessee-titans-vince-young-jeff-fisher-111215

What happen to Geno Smith? He was never able to looked at himself in the mirror and say ok I need to stop turning the football over or I am never gonna be a starter in this league. 

What happen to Johnny Manziel? His was a different mental problem but a mental problem regarless, he was never willing to look at himself in the mirror and say I got to stop this off the field stupidity or it is gonna cost me my carreer and it did. 

What happen to RG3? He still does not understand that he has to protect himself or he is never gonna last a full season because he is not superman in fact he is brittle. He can make every throw, he can help your team win but he does not understand he is not in college anymore and the guys hitting him are way bigger and stronger. It has nothing to do with his physical skills as a QB.

Bottom line is you need to be humble and understand you need coaching, Mahomes has said it already he wants coaching. And beside all this, you got to have a strong core of people around you who can teach you how to be a pro and prepare like a pro:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/in-a-high-risk-nfl-draft-for-qbs-patrick-mahomes-sure-doesnt-look-like-a-bust/amp/

Patrick Mahomes dad's has done it as a Met and I assure you he is coaching his son to be better than him. Any great player needs this mental coaching and Mahomes has that at home everyday.

If the NY jets pass on Patrick Mahomes II at 6, they will be passing on a QB who has a strong support group behind him, a QB who has every physicall tool to succed and a QB who has the right head on his shoulders and understand he needs to improve mechanics and is willing to be coached. Not to mention the fact that he has an uncanny ability to make incredible throws that only a handfull of NFL QBs can make. 

THIS IS A DEEP DRAFT PEOPLE!!! But not deep at the QB position which means if there is a QB that you like you better take him early. You can get a starting TE in 2nd round, a starting Safety or CB in 3rd round, a starting Center or Guard in 5th round and a starting RB in 6th round.Yes this draft is that deep at every other position, not deep at QB. Why overpay  and tie yourself in a long term contract with a free agent QB who you don't know how it is gonna turn out or could be injury prone?= Mike Glennon, Tyrod Taylor. Why not draft a QB with a lot of potential and invest in him?????

My mock draft:

Patrick Mahomes II

Evan Engram

Marcus Maye

Corn Elder

James Conner 

Erik Magnuson

Ukeme Eligwe 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

• 4 years later...
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao

I like how it says "4 years later..." above your post.  hahaha

And I repped this back then, **** I'm good at this sh*t.

It’s great right? All I remember from that stretch of years was that I wanted us to draft Jimmy G, Dak, Deshaun and Mahomes in their years... and we didn’t.