Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/20/2017 at 8:06 PM, HighPitch said:

My evidence is your posting style. At a crap time, perhaps the worst, you defend every single move made and never get upset or disagree with what the Jets do.

Its like were all on a burning 747 ....pointing straight down towards the pacific ocean and you are this one creepy weirdo thats trying to calm everyone by saying"it ok, air travel is the safest form"

I know this is rayray19

Prescient...

Rather than crashing a 747 into an ocean, you must mean a 5-7 record with a 38 year old journeyman QB. 

On 3/21/2017 at 7:28 AM, LionelRichie said:

$6M + incentives is another case of the Jets bidding against themselves.    6m implies someone else was offering 5m.  Who was the someone else?   

As far as I can tell the QB musical chairs was about over and McCown was looking at 2-3M / year as a backup.  Why are we paying so much for so little?  

The Browns did offer him the job of QB coach. And also the uh...no, actually that was the only other offer he had. So the Jets  did in fact bid against themselves. 

#mentoring

5 hours ago, varjet said:

The only way the Johnsons would or should replace MaccBowles is if there was an obviously better replacement.  As teams start to clean house early and focus on the low hanging fruit that we thought could be good fits for the Jets, like Dorsey, the odds of MaccBowles being replaced go down.  

I am less enamoured of Macc's drafting and large FA contracts, as a whole, than many.  I hope he gets better at it.

As we both know, there is a 0.0% chance they’d fire Bowles/Macc right now. Bill Belichick could resign from the Pats and beg Chris Johnson for the job, and Chris Johnson would say some sh*t like, “thanks, Bill, but Coach Bowles really got the best out of the one-win roster our secretly amazing GM provided him, so we’ll have to pass.”

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

As we both know, there is a 0.0% chance they’d fire Bowles/Macc right now. Bill Belichick could resign from the Pats and beg Chris Johnson for the job, and Chris Johnson would say some sh*t like, “thanks, Bill, but Coach Bowles really got the best out of the one-win roster our secretly amazing GM provided him, so we’ll have to pass.”

Tbqh, I'm not sure you'd be wrong about this should this impossible scenario actually arise.  Teams pull this type of BS all the time ("A great coach is available?  Well we can't fire our coach because he's coming off a good season").  I think teams feel like they owe stuff to players/coaches.  The owner should be like "eff that.  I want to win".

Damn, 19 pages and I didn't make a single comment (until the thread was necro'd).  Pretty sure I was indifferent to the signing (I figured we'd bring in a vet like this) and I thought he was a placeholder for Hack sometime between 4-8 weeks into the season. 

The funny thing is that despite McCown playing well this season, we still could potentially end up a 5-11 team.  So there might not be egg on people's face after all.  And there was one person (I wish I took note of who) who said that McCown will ensure we WON'T get a top pick (I think the guy predicted 4-5 wins).

45 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Damn, 19 pages and I didn't make a single comment (until the thread was necro'd).  Pretty sure I was indifferent to the signing (I figured we'd bring in a vet like this) and I thought he was a placeholder for Hack sometime between 4-8 weeks into the season. 

The funny thing is that despite McCown playing well this season, we still could potentially end up a 5-11 team.  So there might not be egg on people's face after all.  And there was one person (I wish I took note of who) who said that McCown will ensure we WON'T get a top pick (I think the guy predicted 4-5 wins).

Maybe me?  I predicted we would win 4-7 games this year and I was balked at like a crazy person lmao

Archived