Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You said what you said and I said what I said and then you asked a question and here we are. 

troll.... look they moved on stop being bitter because Geno got punched and lost his chance at qb-ing the team two yrs ago and when he got the chance to qb last yr his poor choices on the field came back to haunt him he held onto the ball to long instead of throwing it away and hurt his knee. that is not what is the question here. They signed Hoyer why because Foitx crapped the bed and they are not bringing him back the same way the parted company with gen0. I would suggest you take off the geno glasses and get over a mediocre qb at best...12 wins in 4 yrs that is someone I would pine overr

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rammagen said:

troll.... look they moved on stop being bitter because Geno got punched and lost his chance at qb-ing the team two yrs ago and when he got the chance to qb last yr his poor choices on the field came back to haunt him he held onto the ball to long instead of throwing it away and hurt his knee. that is not what is the question here. They signed Hoyer why because Foitx crapped the bed and they are not bringing him back the same way the parted company with gen0. I would suggest you take off the geno glasses and get over a mediocre qb at best...12 wins in 4 yrs that is someone I would pine overr

Says the he/she with 75 posts i have moved on from Geno Smith you should too and find a new player to hate on the Jets. 

McCowns career stats suck but you dont see my complaining about it. 

Learn the definition of a troll before you call someone one dude/dudette. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Says the he/she with 75 posts i have moved on from Geno Smith you should too and find a new player to hate on the Jets. 

what ever dude you are super offensive, go straight to insults wow brave internet tough guy, dude /dudette? yes you are the very definition of a troll anyone does not need more then 1 post to tell that go insult someone else

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

9 hours ago, rammagen said:

Just use ignore and start ignoring each other.

Just now, Maxman said:

Thank you. He bought a PSL so we are stuck with him, lol.

You guys maybe but I am not :) dude needs to be warned about his manners he went straight to troll mode with his response looking to pick an  argument I wont fall for that crap

So back on topic....once the schedule is released I guess we will know exactly what to root for.

What i mean is, if the first 5 or 6 games are brutal, maybe McCown starting the year is good. Then Hack (or Petty) can come in and save the season (hopefully) and the Jets start to build momentum heading into the off-season.

Then they spend the 70 million in cap room and win the Super Bowl next year. Okay that part is probably wishful thinking but it is nice to dream.

Kimberley A. Martin‏ @KMart_LI

Bowles talking at AFC HCs Breakfast. Asked if Josh McCown will come in as starter, Todd said "it's competition."

Todd Bowles doesn't rule out #Jets drafting another QB or keeping 4QBs on roster -- if it's in the best interest of the team

• 5 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 7:21 PM, Warfish said:

Has nothing to do with mettle, it's just the real world here.

We have a very bad Head Coach working to save his job.  The fantasy-land idea that McCown will just be there for lols is just that, fantasy.  He's no mentor, the guy is the definition of the journeyman JAG QB, and he offers nothing to the young guy Hack.  But Bowles WILL start him, because Bowles knows his ass is on the line, and on-line-asses don't play guys like Hack.

And keep dreaming 0-16 guys, McCown will thoroughly ensure we're not even in the discussion for #1 pick next year, whilst also giving Hack no playing time, and getting us nowhere near legit competitiveness.  We will be a thoroughly boring 4-6 win team.

Also, hope you're all looking forward to burning the #6 pick on another defensive player.  At least the odds say this one won't be a DT....although I wouldn't hold my breath tbqh.

Not 6 months after the signing and here's your winner from the day we inked McCown. The bolded part was and is 100% true, and the rest is likely to come true (or anyway, it would, or should, surprise literally no one). 

I'm not usually one to rehash old threads like this, but with the announcement that he's the starter, I had to look back to the day we signed him. There are some classic whoops! predictions in this thread (e.g. McCown was brought in to be the 3rd string mentor) but in the end here we have the reason why he's here and the reason why we had to pay him $6m:

The reason the Jets overpaid McCown so much (2-3x the next-highest bidder) is because McCown knew if he went to another team he'd be getting paid a couple million for doing nothing, but even he knew if he went to the Jets he'd be starting. Whether the reason was he knew he would beat out the other two, or he knew a HC like Bowles wouldn't go into the season with either of them, (unless one came from out of nowhere to have a kickass summer) he knew he was going to be starting for the NY Jets in 2017 if he signed here. The Jets had to pony up more for him because we're just about the only team that would even think of making Josh McCown the opening day starter at age 38.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He was a smart signing. Because Chase Daniel.

Excited for him to stagger in here panting and sweating to breathlessly tell us that McCown starting is Actually Good, because it allows us to turn the page on Petty and Hackenberg

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Excited for him to stagger in here panting and sweating to breathlessly tell us that McCown starting is Actually Good, because it allows us to turn the page on Petty and Hackenberg

This was a good one.  Lots of bold takes.  I didn't participate in this one but I did in a thread about predicting who will be the starter and my McCown pick received heavy backlash from the anti-SOJF's clan.  And boy we're they on to something.  

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

This was a good one.  Lots of bold takes.  I didn't participate in this one but I did in a thread about predicting who will be the starter and my McCown pick received heavy backlash from the anti-SOJF's clan.  And boy we're they on to something.  

They have so much to teach us

• 3 months later...

Bumpity bump. Actually got through the first 6-7 pages a second time around lol. Classic.

• This definitely means we’re taking a QB at #6!
  • McCown isn’t starting! That’s why the Jets had to overpay him $6m!
  • I’m 100% certain 1 of McCown/Petty/Hack will not be on the roster. Our GM is so not this incompetent.
  • This means Macc believes in Hack!
  • If McCown wins the starting job, Maccagnan failed on both Petty and Hack and therefore should be fired. (and it wasn’t a “hater” that said this)
  • We need him to start ahead of the QB we draft this year so we don’t ruin him like the Rams ruined Goff!

hahahahahaha

I’m 5 pages into this bump and it might be the best necro thread ever.  The “real fans” were such loud obnoxious assholes and were completely and utterly flat out wrong in every sense of the word.  

This is amazing.  Great way to enjoy my morning coffee and poop. 

I think the moral of this story is that giving the benefit of the doubt to Maccagnan/Bowles is the quickest, surest route to abject humiliation. I say this with the full knowledge that we’re a month away from a full offseason of posts about how Darron Lee and Jamal Adams are practically All-Pros who are proof of Maccagnan’s latent genius.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

DON'T DO THIS AGAIN! I saw this and thought they re-signed the guy for next season. Jesus H Christ I almost had a heart attack.

You think there’s actually a chance we’re not re-signing him for next season? Only way that doesn’t happen is if they also get another 8-figure FA QB (Cousins, A.Smith, etc.). And even then, they still might bring him back to be the backup with Petty/Hack duking it out for #3 instead of drafting one. 

Most likely I think they extend/re-sign McCown for at least another year and draft a QB. If you’d be really surprised by this, better to save your future heart attack by prepping you now. 

In a sense, you owe me your life. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think the moral of this story is that giving the benefit of the doubt to Maccagnan/Bowles is the quickest, surest route to abject humiliation. I say this with the full knowledge that we’re a month away from a full offseason of posts about how Darron Lee and Jamal Adams are practically All-Pros who are proof of Maccagnan’s latent genius.

The only way the Johnsons would or should replace MaccBowles is if there was an obviously better replacement.  As teams start to clean house early and focus on the low hanging fruit that we thought could be good fits for the Jets, like Dorsey, the odds of MaccBowles being replaced go down.  

I am less enamoured of Macc's drafting and large FA contracts, as a whole, than many.  I hope he gets better at it.

On 3/20/2017 at 7:31 PM, JETSfaninNE said:

Breer:

Josh McCown's 1-year deal with Jets is worth $6 million fully guaranteed. Also has $2M in playtime incentives, $5M in team-based incentives.

$2M in playtime incentives – McCown gets $125K for each game he plays 50% of the snaps in. $5M in team incentives: playoffs, SB, SB win.

Holy sh*t!  We aren't really going to end up paying this stiff $8M, are we?  WTF?  This is worse than Fitzpatrick.  At least he can pretend that 2015 railroaded him into signing the bearded blunder, but this?  This he thought up all on his own. ****

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You think there’s actually a chance we’re not re-signing him for next season? Only way that doesn’t happen is if they also get another 8-figure FA QB (Cousins, A.Smith, etc.). And even then, they still might bring him back to be the backup with Petty/Hack duking it out for #3 instead of drafting one. 

Most likely I think they extend/re-sign McCown for at least another year and draft a QB. If you’d be really surprised by this, better to save your future heart attack by prepping you now. 

In a sense, you owe me your life. 

So you're the one to blame. lol j/k.

No we are probably going to re-sign McCown if they can't throw a ton of money at the usual suspects but thinking it may happen and seeing it happen are 2 different things. If they do sign either one of those two would McCown come back to sit on the bench?  Maybe, maybe not.

Archived