If Jets Pick Fournette, is it bye-bye Bilal?

JetNation

If they pick Fournette it won't matter because I fully expect Forte to be hurt anyway. So if they draft Fournette the problem of 3 backs will solve itself when Forte eventually gets injured. I'm all for offense at 6. I would rather take Howard or either of the top end WR's before Fournette. It's a pass happy league but you need a QB to get them the ball. So in a roundabout way Fournette maybe the pick. At this point the Jets are doing a good job of subterfuge concerning who they are leaning too at 6. I think its more of indecision rather than strategy though.

Knowing Macc, I have a feeling he'll cut Powell. At this point, Macc has no clue with this dumpster fire roster he has put together... And give me a break with the "he inherited nothing" crap. He inherited 50mil in cap space in 2015 (equivalent to $60mil in 2017) and some high draft picks. More than enough to re-do half the roster within three months of being hired. 

9 hours ago, jetophile said:

I remember when Leon Johnson almost got Kellen Clemens killed. Blocking is a lost art. 

Was this before or after The Natural threw that interception (that wasn't) to Ron Rice in the back of the Lion end zone? And what the hell was Parcells thinking inserting a 14 year old into the lineup??? :P 

7 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Was this before or after The Natural threw that interception (that wasn't) to Ron Rice in the back of the Lion end zone? And what the hell was Parcells thinking inserting a 14 year old into the lineup??? :P 

Just seeing if anyone  was on their toes. Leon Washington. It's so boring around here lately, you have to mix it up to see if anyone's watching. 

I'd be perfectly fine with Fournette, but if you are looking to drop one of those two backs, it has to be Forte. Powell is much more versatile at this point in his career and has much more left in the tank. The difference in dead money is a moot point when Powell still has more upside and would make a much better combo w Fournette. Ideally I'd like to keep Powell and Forte in that scenario, letting Forte walk next year and deciding on Powell's future at that point as well. Although I think you hold onto Powell for a couple more years no matter what. Depth is important, especially at HB position, and they have no one else on the roster that has proven to be ready to be part of a rotation.

Archived