" ..John Idzik should have the opposite of a statue erected in his honor " ~ ~ ~

kelly

John Idzik did about 7 out of 10 things beautifully that you want from a gm and team builder.  Got rid of high priced vets, accumulated cap room to go for it when necessary, obtained a lot of comp picks.  Had a visions of long term success, has a rule to not overplay any one position on the team and thus dumped revis.

His awful draft in a year in which the team could have been somewhat reset cost him as it should have.  In the end gms are judged by their drafts and getting a QB.  He failed in both of those and deserved to be canned but he was not some bumbling fool that people portray him.  I also feel bad for him in that he was saddled with Rex, much like I feel bad for mac to some extent that he is saddled with the quiet rex, bowels.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

John Idzik did about 7 out of 10 things beautifully that you want from a gm and team builder.  Got rid of high priced vets, accumulated cap room to go for it when necessary, obtained a lot of comp picks.  Had a visions of long term success, has a rule to not overplay any one position on the team and thus dumped revis.

His awful draft in a year in which the team could have been somewhat reset cost him as it should have.  In the end gms are judged by their drafts and getting a QB.  He failed in both of those and deserved to be canned but he was not some bumbling fool that people portray him.  I also feel bad for him in that he was saddled with Rex, much like I feel bad for mac to some extend that he is saddled with the quiet rex, bowels.

This is spot on. Let us not remember he had 12 picks in that draft, 12. How many still on the team? Q and that's it I think. That is why he is not here anymore. The ironic thing is we need another Idzik to undue what Maccagnan has done LOL.

Archived