Kyle Lauletta

SenorGato

I'm irrationally getting attached to wanting the Jets to draft Lauletta.  And the more I read about how he's the perfect guy for the Patriots, it's making me see the writing on the wall.  The Jets will either sign Cousins or take a QB at #6 and feel like it wouldn't make sense to take Lauletta in the 2nd-3rd round (which is where I've read he might go).  The Jets will likely sign a veteran backup QB and they have already invested 2 years in Hack so I don't see adding another QB as a priority.  Then again it might be possible they'd take Lauletta to make Hack earn his spot.  But it's unlikely Macc would use a high draft pick for this.

I think the Pats have 3 picks in the top 63.  I could see BB taking the guy and him turning into a better version of Jimmy G (while Jimmy G will end up struggling in SF after getting that enormous contract).

On 2/13/2018 at 6:13 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm irrationally getting attached to wanting the Jets to draft Lauletta.  And the more I read about how he's the perfect guy for the Patriots, it's making me see the writing on the wall.  The Jets will either sign Cousins or take a QB at #6 and feel like it wouldn't make sense to take Lauletta in the 2nd-3rd round (which is where I've read he might go).  The Jets will likely sign a veteran backup QB and they have already invested 2 years in Hack so I don't see adding another QB as a priority.  Then again it might be possible they'd take Lauletta to make Hack earn his spot.  But it's unlikely Macc would use a high draft pick for this.

I think the Pats have 3 picks in the top 63.  I could see BB taking the guy and him turning into a better version of Jimmy G (while Jimmy G will end up struggling in SF after getting that enormous contract).

Yeah I’m also becoming irrationally infatuated with him, like **** it trade back in the First round twice maybe, and take him in the 20’s which I can’t sit here, and say it’s a great plan because I have nothing concrete to say it is, but just something about him is so so so very intriguing, the next 2 months with him are either gonna be crazy with him Sky Rocketting up boards even more then Jimmy G did, or him falling off back to 3-5th round territory.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah I’m also becoming irrationally infatuated with him, like **** it trade back in the First round twice maybe, and take him in the 20’s which I can’t sit here, and say it’s a great plan because I have nothing concrete to say it is, but just something about him is so so so very intriguing, the next 2 months with him are either gonna be crazy with him Sky Rocketting up boards even more then Jimmy G did, or him falling off back to 3-5th round territory.

I feel the exact same way.

On 2/12/2018 at 6:54 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fully agreed.  I'd want the Jets to take him in round #2 even if we take a QB (Mayfield?) in round #1.  

That's TOTALLY insane. But I know exactly how you feel. I first heard about him just after he was picked for the Senior Bowl. The article mention how he was on the Pats radar. That peaked my interest. I couldn't wait to see him in the game and he certainly didn't disappoint. Perhaps we'll grab a QB in FA then draft Lauletta in the 2nd.

33 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That's TOTALLY insane. But I know exactly how you feel. I first heard about him just after he was picked for the Senior Bowl. The article mention how he was on the Pats radar. That peaked my interest. I couldn't wait to see him in the game and he certainly didn't disappoint. Perhaps we'll grab a QB in FA then draft Lauletta in the 2nd.

LOL you're absolutely right but I'm still for this approach.  I want the Jets to solve this QB problem for once and for all.  It is, by far, the most critical position on the field.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

LOL you're absolutely right but I'm still for this approach.  I want the Jets to solve this QB problem for once and for all.  It is, by far, the most critical position on the field.

Yup! It's a quarterback driven league. Let's finally solve this problem.

This guy’s feet are so calm in the pocket. He has a very natural picket presence. His accuracy is to die for and he seems to never get shaken when pressure comes. I know he had to play weaker competition but the skill sets that matter in a successful QB..they shine bright with this one. To me personally..I rate him right behind the top 4. Definitely a 2nd-3rd rounder.

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This guy’s feet are so calm in the pocket. He has a very natural picket presence. His accuracy is to die for and he seems to never get shaken when pressure comes. I know he had to play weaker competition but the skill sets that matter in a successful QB..they shine bright with this one. To me personally..I rate him right behind the top 4. Definitely a 2nd-3rd rounder.

I agree. No way in hell he's getting past the 3rd round. I can see him a late 2nd rounder.

If we don't take Mayfield in the 1st and go somewhere else, hopefully OL or OLB, I'd like to take him in the 2nd with one of our two picks or better yet trade back pick up an extra 2nd & take the BPA w/our #1 pick & pick Lauletta with one of our now Three 2nd round picks. :)

22 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He also looks like he has good size to play in the league and he looks like he's very good at play action.  Plus he has pretty good arm strength from what I can tell.  The only negative is that he's from a small school so I guess it's hard to say if his game will translate when the speed and size of opponents increases.  Plus I have no idea if he can read defenses and go through progressions quickly (obviously both critical things).  

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He also looks like he has good size to play in the league and he looks like he's very good at play action.  Plus he has pretty good arm strength from what I can tell.  The only negative is that he's from a small school so I guess it's hard to say if his game will translate when the speed and size of opponents increases.  Plus I have no idea if he can read defenses and go through progressions quickly (obviously both critical things).  

Yeah there is just not enough time to figure out what this kid really will be, someone will go out on a limb IMO early, and will look really smart, or really stupid.

If we sign Cousins, I really hope we draft this kid in the 2nd or 3rd. Let him get all the backup reps and learn from Cousins from Day 1, cut Petty and Hackenberg or just keep Hack as the 3rd for another year as a camp arm.

After a few years of Cousins we’ll know if we have his replacement ready when the time comes or if it’ll be time to draft someone.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Have had my eye on both him and Mike White for some time now. He has a higher ceiling though. I like him a lot as a prospect. Accuracy is my biggest turn on in a QB.

I might sign on for a draft where we sign both Lauletta AND White and let them right it out. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

COuld be this year's Garroppolo

Actually not a bad comparison.  Another comparison would be Rich Gannon 

—good feet

—smart

—adequate mobility

—average arm strength

—played under center in college and already can do 3 and 5 step drops while going through progressions 

Draft Davenport or Nelson at 6 and this kid in round 2 and I might forgive Mac for being an inept clown 

Archived