First overall pick is...

j4jets

Who is your first overall pick as Browns GM?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your first overall pick as Browns GM?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2018 at 04:59 PM

Looks like Darnold is the popular choice for the first overall pick followed by Allen and Barkley as I expected, which makes me think the Allen haters on this board are pretty outspoken as opposed to the Allen fans. 

Drafting Barkley makes so much sense. However, if you grade Darnold at 90, QB#2 at 85, QB#3 at 82 and QB#4 at 80, for example, would you be ok taking Barkley and a QB ranked 82 where a 90 grade is essentially Probowl caliber and 82 is just middle of the pack? Throwing sample grading scale out there for reference, of course, and not saying Darnold will be a PB QB. I think Darnold and Allen have the hugest ceiling along with the lowest floor. Darnold just screams Sanchez at me but if he’s there at #3, I’d pull the trigger in a heartbeat simply because of how he’s viewed as the best QB of the draft. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Darnold just screams Sanchez at me but if he’s there at #3.

I think the Tao of Sanchez-what made Sanchez Sanchez-is a debateable concept.

He had physical tools.  He performed well in some big games.  But in the end, I think he stopped progressing, and regressed, because he was immature and not very smart.  

Darnold does not give off the same vibe.  He seems calm and responsible.  

On 4/20/2018 at 9:14 AM, BleedinGreenNC said:

Allen scareds me big time, I see shades of Hack. Hell, everyone of these guys has issues, it's like picking the best poison pill.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Everyone talks about his 56% completion percentage, but Favre had 52% coming out of college.  I'd be more focused on his ability to process information and make the right decisions.  Quick release is important too, all the great ones have that.  Brady, Montana, Marino.  Actually none of those guys had great arms, but had quick compact releases and were wicked smart.  These are some of the reasons I'm intrigued by Mayfield as well.  

Archived