Cimini: Q & A

flgreen

Clearly, they need more weapons. That will be a big priority next offseason. Anderson, Donahue still playing out in the legal system.

Ryan Blake @Sports_Fi3nd
Happy Hack is gone to start off. The offense needs to be built for Darnold in the future. How do you feel about Darnold taking over the team with the talent as currently constructed? Also what do you think the Jets should do about the Anderson and Donahue situation? #jetsmail

Nothing boring about O-line play. Organization is comfortable with starting 5. Important to note that Winters a full participant last week. Long still not 100 pct. Swanson good depth behind Long.

John @JPWaxer
#jetsmail Rich let’s get really boring here...how do you see the Jets performing in the trenches this season? Any free agents left to help?

You, and a lot of other people. To use an old Rich Kotite line (it’s ok to cringe), there are no cookbook answers. Worth noting that Lorenzo Mauldin, coming off back surgery, is back practicing. Maybe he can fulfill potential.

Rob Riccardelli @rob3759
I’m still concerned about a lack of a pass rush. Anything on the horizon #jetsmail

Yeah, basically. When he’s ready, he should play. It’s pointless to delay the inevitable if he shows he can lead the offense.

Rick Cooley @RickC519
Replying to @RichCimini
#jetsmail Only QB compitition is Darnold vs Darnold. Correct?

Gruden would be worthy of a bust in Canton.

Sam Williamson @swilliam8
Replying to @RichCimini
What will the repercussions be if Hackenberg has success with the Raiders? #jetsmail

First he has to get healthy and stay healthy. Hard to project role because there are a lot of bodies at WR, especially if Hansen keeps coming along.

♖ ℑames ♖ @jpeak8
Where do you see Pryor landing on the depth chart? #jetsmail

No, I don’t, but think offense. A lot of their own players will hit free agency so expect upheaval on that side of the ball.

Chad Marlow @ChadAaronMarlow
@RichCimini: With our big room under the cap for next year, any early idea what 2019 free agents the team might be keeping an eye on? #jetsmail

A couple of rookies jumped out, TE Chris Herndon and CB Parry Nickerson.

John @JPWaxer
#jetsmail News went silent after Tuesday. Were the last two sessions closed? Who’s looking good?

Very happy to hear Chris Herndon and Perry Nickerson are doing well. This might be a decent draft class for us. I know that most of us were split on this class given the fact there weren’t any OL taken..but I think it can be a solid class. I especially still admire the 7th round flip for that Colts 3-4 DE.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Very happy to hear Chris Herndon and Perry Nickerson are doing well. This might be a decent draft class for us. I know that most of us were split on this class given the fact there weren’t any OL taken..but I think it can be a solid class. I especially still admire the 7th round flip for that Colts 3-4 DE.

I'm a Canes fan.  I know a lot of posters have criticized the taking of an "injured" TE over an OL, in a weak OL draft, but I was thrilled.

IMO Herndon is going to be a very pleasant surprise for a lot of fans.  He's big, quick, has soft hands, can make a defender miss, and is a good blocker in space 

A rookie QB's best friend

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

I'm a Canes fan.  I know a lot of posters have criticized the taking of an "injured" TE over an OL, in a weak OL draft, but I was thrilled.

IMO Herndon is going to be a very pleasant surprise for a lot of fans.  He's big, quick, has soft hands, can make a defender miss, and is a good blocker in space 

He seems to be doing fine too! He’s doing everything that is asked of the other guys. Our medical staff obviously OK’d Herndon for Macc if he went out and got him in the 4th.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:28 PM, flgreen said:

I'm encouraged by what I've read. If he's 100% he'd be a great addition to the TE group and another target for our QB's .

It's very early but I'm really intrigued about all the positive feedback Hansen is getting.  This guy showed some flashes last year and can be a real weapon if he continues to come along.  I mean with all these mid-late rd flier Wide Receivers Macc has been drafting it's only a matter of time I guess before you finally hit on one.  Could be a real threat  as that slot receiver type

Archived