McCown says Darnold is the right QB for the job

UnknownJetFan

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Or talk him up maybe Josh's plan, get paid sit on the bench cant get injured that way. 

I mean let’s be honest, yes Josh McCown is a competitor, BUT there is zero other NFL teams that would sign him as their starter right now barring injuries besides the NY Jets, AND that’s not even guaranteed.  Teddy Bridgewater is a one, or less, and done here, you can scream all you want about that’s stupid if he plays great, BUT the Jets are not franchising him outside of Darnold having a similar injury as Bridgewater had 2 years ago.  So now almost 40 years old your agent just played, duped, finagled the Jets using Cousins to get you Josh McCown 10 million, AND the lead dog as the starting QB, then the Jets got lucky has Darnold fall in their lap, no big deal McCown knows he would be a backup anywhere else, so now it’s stay healthy continue to look like a good competent backup QB option that all the boys on the team love while helping coach up the young guys, and no doubt the Jets will bring him back again next year for another big (for a backup who is 40, and never won a damn thing) 1 year pay day, and if he is still lucky enough to not have to actually play, and stay healthy 2020 isn’t out of the question IF the same coaching staff is around, and this is where McCown has to be at mentally while looking at his financial future IMO, he could parlay Darnolds success, the Jets lack of options internally for a future vet back up QB into 15-20 million more before going the coaching route if that’s what he so chooses.  Almost 35-40 million for Josh McCown in 4 years from age 38-41 would probably be more then he made his entire career before that, and change his life financially more then he ever thought he could have if he plays this just right.  I wouldn’t compare this to Brunnell and Sanchez either, McCown does not have anywhere near the mileage Brunell  had, is in much better shape physically besides the mileage then Brunell ever was, and believe it, or not Josh McCown while not having the best arm is probably the best athlete on the offensive side of the ball just go watch footage of one 39 year old McCown schooling everyone on the Basketball court, you don’t have to run a 4.4 40 to be athletic.

Now after all that I personally hope this is the last of McCown with the Jets, and they go a younger route at backup QB next season, but my $$$$$$$ is on McCown being that, and I’d probably wager also for the 2020 season wouldn’t be shocked to see the Jets offer him a 2 year deal to lower the salary some so like 2 years 12 million with bonuses for starts instead of another 1 year 8-10 million deal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Plenty of average players have proved to be good coaches or have good IQ’s for their respective sports.

Steve Kerr?

Kerr was Michael Jordan as a player compared to Pat Riley when he played

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean let’s be honest, yes Josh McCown is a competitor, BUT there is zero other NFL teams that would sign him as their starter right now barring injuries besides the NY Jets, AND that’s not even guaranteed. 

The Buffalo Bills would be quite happy to have McCown as their starter, and in fact, the Bills were supposedly the reason that the Jets made such a lucrative offer to him.  

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is from Sanchezs 2nd NFL season.  Brunells first camp with Sanchez. After Marks 9-7, AFCCG run.  Hes not a rookie like Darnold.  

Well, uh....yeah...did you expect Brunell to stand on the table for Sanchez while Brunell played for the Saints?

On 7/12/2018 at 3:56 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Sanchez own coach said that he was NOT ready for the NFL.  

I repeat; no one has suggested any such thing with Darnold!!!

Sanchez made an incredible amount of mental mistakes.  The guy might hold the record for unforced fumbles by a qb

9 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Well, uh....yeah...did you expect Brunell to stand on the table for Sanchez while Brunell played for the Saints?

Well ugh, you're the one who compared a 2nd year player to a rookie in his first camp.  Its not the same thing.  WTF was Brunell going to say after Sanchezs rookie year?  Is this hard?

Archived