Sam expected to sign 4 @ 30.25M with team option for 5th

ASH1962

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honestly, and I'm probably being reactionary right now because I'm pretty pissed, my perception of Sam has soured a decent amount over the course of this week.  When he does, inevitably, show up?  He better be ready to f*cking go because he's not exactly coming off like a guy who only cares about playing football right now.  I've read everything regarding this nonsense ad nauseum.  The only blame the Jets get here from me is waiting this long to work this out.  Every little thing beyond that falls on Sexton and Darnold.

I’m upset about it but I won’t care as much if he shows up by Sunday. Past Sunday? Missing 3 practices and padded practice at that? Then this is all on Darnold. He better come out throwing dimes when he does return. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wording in the contract is all thats holding things up is what the reports are. 

Remember Macc only  knows how to deal with old sh*t bag QB's and usually overpays them. 

Maccagnan and the team are 110% in the right here.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok if you say so Im not directly involved in the negotiations or choosing sides. 

Long story short Jimmy Sexton is an a**hole and as much I hate to admit it because I'm head over heels with Darnold, the football player, the Jets are in the right.  All people here saying "just pay him" are the same people that would complain if we end up cutting him for whatever reason in the future and be forced to use $7 -$9 million of our cap on a player not even on the team.  Sure, you can sit here and say that if Darnold busts, you have way more to worry about then a few million dollars.  Obviously the Jets wont be succeeding if the offset comes into play. However as a general manager and, in effect, a businessman Maccagnan can't afford to think like that.  It sets a bad precedent.  You want this guy to be the franchise savior and you did make moves to get him here but you can't treat him like he's already the savior we want him to be. This is how any other draft pick would be treated (ex: the other top drafted QBs). The fault for this holdout is his camp.  Maybe it's his agent (given Sexton's history, I'll give him the blame before turning entirely on Sam) maybe it's Sam himself.  Either way, the ball is in his court. The Jets have two other QBs who will make good use of those extra reps in the meantime.

Archived