Trouble in Jax (with a Jets point twist)

JustInFudge

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2018 at 9:59 PM, bealeb319 said:

If we drafted fowler we would all be crying for a new gm now we want Mac to trade for him? I get he was a good prospect coming out of college, Devin Smith was a good prospect too sometimes you whiff and players get nailed with injuries. If we could get fowler for a late pick sure take a swing on him but don't invest our future trying to bring another cancer into our locker room. ( trading teddy for fowler is a bad trade for us)

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Fowler (until Darnold) would be considered Mac's best pick.  A double digit sacks edge rusher?  Only 18 of those in the league.  Right now our best pass rusher was good for 3 sacks last year.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just saw an interesting thing: the Jaguars will be $30 mil over the cap next season. 

Been saying that for a while. They're in cap hell right now and took on even more by making Norwell the highest paid Guard in the league.  They have HUGE internal decisions to make on who to prioritize.  The bottom line is, the Jags are going to be losing talent and Mac should have his eye on that roster. 

On 8/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, Larz said:

Wait until they cut fowler 

If he's an expendable player production wise and a headache no need to invest a trade for him 

Is this the guy on his 3rd wrist surgery in 2 years? 

It would be in the best interest of any team to try and trade for Fowler before the season starts so you can see what you have going into a contract year instead of paying him after this season and finding out he’s not worth spit .

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I literally felt no interest reading your statement. If anything I'm more disinterested than ever.

I wanted to let my post germinate in your mind for a few hours and see if it took root. Can you share your thoughts on the interestingness of the Jaguars needing to cut some salary next year? 

17 hours ago, JiF said:

Been saying that for a while. They're in cap hell right now and took on even more by making Norwell the highest paid Guard in the league.  They have HUGE internal decisions to make on who to prioritize.  The bottom line is, the Jags are going to be losing talent and Mac should have his eye on that roster. 

And yet I'd rather take Norwell off their hands than either of the other guys.  Fowler would improve things here and Ramsey is one of the very best CBs in the league, but what Norwell would immediately mean to this OLine and Darnold...I really cannot fathom why Macc seemed to show no apparent interest.

Archived