If not Mangini I want Dinger

SouthernJet

I think both will bring fire to the sidelines and players wil lFINALLY be accountable and actually keep thier weight and particiapte in conditioning all year.

I have Dinger at 55% and Mangini 45% on my ballot as Dinger would keep the same playbook and therefore not a new system.

If Dinger would stay on as OC then I would have Mangini as clear favorite,,

That would be ideal, mangini as HC, Dinger OC and a new DC probably Rob Ryan aka Buddy Ryans kid and blitz afficionado

I think both will bring fire to the sidelines and players wil lFINALLY be accountable and actually keep thier weight and particiapte in conditioning all year.

I have Dinger at 55% and Mangini 45% on my ballot as Dinger would keep the same playbook and therefore not a new system.

If Dinger would stay on as OC then I would have Mangini as clear favorite,,

That would be ideal, mangini as HC, Dinger OC and a new DC probably Rob Ryan aka Buddy Ryans kid and blitz afficionado

My guess is that is what you will see-The Mangini-Dinger combo with Ryan.

Dinger seems a great fit to Mangini in that he is organized, and requires a disciplined appraoch. They seem to be off of teh same tree.

I jsut wish he would get the zone blocking scheme down with these guys #-o

My guess is that is what you will see-The Mangini-Dinger combo with Ryan.

Dinger seems a great fit to Mangini in that he is organized, and requires a disciplined appraoch. They seem to be off of teh same tree.

I jsut wish he would get the zone blocking scheme down with these guys #-o

man i hope u r right scott,, i would salivate at Dinger stayin,,combinin the Dinger system (hopefully effective with a QB next year) and the Belly defensive system,, I just fear they will let Dinger go to Denver as OC if Mangini named,,it would be like Jets to be the ';nice guy' and let him go,, I say, no for the best interest of Jets we are makin u honor your OC contract, sorry u didnt get the HC job , but oh well, now go coach,,,

Just a hunch, but I believe that Dinger woudl see more opportunity here.

Obviously, it will take Mangini wanting him, but if that's the case, Mangin can approach him and tell him that being such a novice, and teh lack of experience on offense, that he will get total reignon that side of the ball, with the necessary ok'ing of teh gameplan by Mangini.

In Denver, Shanahan will get credit for offense, and Dinger will get less exposure for his seeming want to be a HC.

I think it was telling with Dinger saying how well he thought the Jet interview went, and it lets you know how much they think of him because of that. There seems to be a somewhat meeting of teh minds.

I think it could work well

Obviously, it will take Mangini wanting him, but if that's the case, Mangin can approach him and tell him that being such a novice, and teh lack of experience on offense, that he will get total reignon that side of the ball, with the necessary ok'ing of teh gameplan by Mangini.

In Denver, Shanahan will get credit for offense, and Dinger will get less exposure for his seeming want to be a HC.

I think it was telling with Dinger saying how well he thought the Jet interview went, and it lets you know how much they think of him because of that. There seems to be a somewhat meeting of teh minds.

I really hope you're right, scott.

How can we expect a fresh new offense, with Pennington again coming back from an injury, to learn another different offense? Its ridiculous!

Dinger and Westoff have to stay. I've read that all 3 coordinators arent expected to be retained, and I just dont get it.

Henderson - Makes sense why he would leave. Mangini is a defensive guy, he'll bring in his own man to run his defense.

Westoff - 1 of the best ST coaches, and we have very good special teams with Miller, Graham and Nugent. Again, whats the point of letting him go??

Dinger - A good coordinator, and we cant keep changing offensive systems every damn year.

great post..i agree.

I don't know about the rest of you, but don't you think this is a lot of money to throw at a first year guy...One NFL agent, who also knows Mangini, told The Post last night that Mangini should get some $17 million over five years, saying, "Eric has all the leverage. Terry needs him more than he needs Terry."

You can't say Woody is cheap if Mangini gets this.

I don't know about the rest of you, but don't you think this is a lot of money to throw at a first year guy...One NFL agent, who also knows Mangini, told The Post last night that Mangini should get some $17 million over five years, saying, "Eric has all the leverage. Terry needs him more than he needs Terry."

You can't say Woody is cheap if Mangini gets this.

If that is true, that really sticks it to Herm. =D>

Archived