Kotites 1996 teams didn't face any tomato cans

Jetster

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

The NY Jets 1996 team went 1-15. The only team they played that year with a record UNDER 500 was the Arizona Cardinals (Jets only win) who ended the season at 7-9. Believe me when I tell you that team never faced a 4th string QB or a rookie stepping off the bench cold in his 1st NFL game, or a QB like Osweiller moved 4 times in two years. While that 1996 season was long & ugly, the NFL as a whole was a much better & tougher game than we see every Sunday, Monday & Thursday. 

The Jets lost 41-10 to a team that was averaging 10 points per game & a QB in town for 11 days. I would venture to say if Rich Kotite had that scheduled in 1996 I'm pretty sure he'd have 2 wins. Even though I use Kotite as a barometer for what I'm seeing from Todd Bowles, I actually believe all things being equal, Kotite would take him head to head. I know that's not saying much but yesterdays loss goes down in history as truly one of the worst...Matt Barkley? Im still keep shaking my head!

NYG was 6-10

Oak was 7-9

Ari was 7-9

Hou would have been under .500 if we beat them.

and while we didn't play many really bad teams we didn't play many really good teams.  Only Denver had more than 11 wins and only Den, Buf, Phi and NE had double digit wins

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

NYG was 6-10

Oak was 7-9

Ari was 7-9

Hou would have been under .500 if we beat them.

and while we didn't play many really bad teams we didn't play many really good teams.  Only Denver had more than 11 wins and only Den, Buf, Phi and NE had double digit wins

There was not one team out of those 15 losses that were as bad as the 2018 Buffalo Bills with literally a QB picked up 11 days ago.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

There was not one team out of those 15 losses that were as bad as the 2018 Buffalo Bills with literally a QB picked up 11 days ago.

The bills have 3 wins so far so who knows?

The schedule wasn't why we were 1-15, much like now it's about the poor coaching

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Matt Barkley, who was never good to begin with, 12 days removed from being unemployed put up 41 on Todd Bowles’ defense with first and second round picks galore playing

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Matt Barkley, who was never good to begin with, 12 days removed from being unemployed put up 41 on Todd Bowles’ defense with first and second round picks galore playing

I can guarantee you this had NEVER happened in the NFL until last Sunday. Hell, most teams can't win with their back up QBs playing. The Bills had lost Allen, Anderson, signed Barkley 12 days prior & cut Peterman the day after, LMAO! 

So, that would have been like the Jets losing Darnold, McCown, and not trusting Webb & signing J.T OSullivan & winning 41-10! LOL! OMG, I just have to laugh because its so sad.

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

The NY Jets 1996 team went 1-15. The only team they played that year with a record UNDER 500 was the Arizona Cardinals (Jets only win) who ended the season at 7-9. Believe me when I tell you that team never faced a 4th string QB or a rookie stepping off the bench cold in his 1st NFL game, or a QB like Osweiller moved 4 times in two years. While that 1996 season was long & ugly, the NFL as a whole was a much better & tougher game than we see every Sunday, Monday & Thursday. 

The Jets lost 41-10 to a team that was averaging 10 points per game & a QB in town for 11 days. I would venture to say if Rich Kotite had that scheduled in 1996 I'm pretty sure he'd have 2 wins. Even though I use Kotite as a barometer for what I'm seeing from Todd Bowles, I actually believe all things being equal, Kotite would take him head to head. I know that's not saying much but yesterdays loss goes down in history as truly one of the worst...Matt Barkley? Im still keep shaking my head!

Just for the sake of accuracy. The Jets faced that year:

Giants-6-10

Raiders-7-9

Cardinals-7-9

They had a point differential of -10.94/game

This year's putrid edition has been outscored by 46 points, for a 4.6 differential/game.

In terms of total ineptitude, the Lou Holtz Jets of '76v managed to be outscored by an average margin of 15.2/game.

Yes, this year's team is horrible in many aspects. But, not close on the ineptitude scale of some past teams. 

Hardly makes you feel better, I admit.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Just for the sake of accuracy. The Jets faced that year:

Giants-6-10

Raiders-7-9

Cardinals-7-9

They had a point differential of -10.94/game

This year's putrid edition has been outscored by 46 points, for a 4.6 differential/game.

In terms of total ineptitude, the Lou Holtz Jets of '76v managed to be outscored by an average margin of 15.2/game.

Yes, this year's team is horrible in many aspects. But, nit close on the ineptitude scale of some past teams. 

Hardly makes you feel better, I admit.

Uh, I think that 48 points in that Detroit game that seems SO LONG AGO skewed these numbers a bit. Pats, Titans on road, Confident (LOL) Bills team on road, Texans, Packers, Pats. Things are about to get ugly. 

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Take that 31 point win away, and it is still not close. Just saying.

You know we still have 6 games left right? lol.

Its not like the Jets are playing the Rams, Saints, Chiefs. 

Archived