Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers?

bitonti

I get the strong feeling that both of these guys are stiffs, with Smith being the most able of the two to end up in a bad situation and still prosper. Both of these dudes were baby-sat their entire college careers by offensive geniuses and they're both going to end up win spots where the coaching will not be nearly as good as they got with Jeff Tedford or Urban Meyer. IMO, I'd pass on either of them if I was in the top 10.

Both guys can be good NFL QB's. I don't see them as franchise type QB's. I could be wrong.

Alex Smith seems like a pretty smart kid. He doesn't blow you away physically but he looks like he can be a good starter in the pros. He might be a perfect fit with The Niners and "Hackett Jr". Mike McCarthy's west coast offense.

Rodgers doesn't have a great arm. He seems soft to me. I don't like his mental makeup. Tedford did a great job with him and Rodgers does have better accuracy than Tedford's other project Kyle Boller. Heck, Ricky Ray has better accuracy than Boller.

I think Rodgers should have stayed in school for another season. He really needed it.

Look at Carson Palmer, He became a very good QB in his final college season. Now he's prepared for the pros. Not sure that Rodgers is.

I gotta agree with the article's take on Gil Brandt. Brandt spent the whole week with The Smith family and his agents. Brandt did some nice work for them this week with his glowing reports on Alex Smith.

Archived