Sorry ? A thread about Jonah Williams

Jetster

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

That DL stuff is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated.  Let's pick offense with the 3 pick.  Or we can just keep doing the MacCagnan-Idzik method.

Aaron Donald says you're wrong.

Just because the Jets have sucked at drafting Defensive Line doesn't mean its an awful strategy.  Despite all the changes in the NFL, games are still won in the trenches.  Win the battle at the LOS more than the other guy, win the game. 

Blame Macc for not trading Wilkerson or Richardson at the right time.  And/or blame the fact that we've yet to convert to a 4-3 defense for far too long.  Not the franchise for taking DL in the first place.

I'd prefer an EDGE rusher over an interior DL if we do go defense, but the hate for DL has gone too far.  There are few things more valuable in this league than a DT who can generate a consistent pass rush. 

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

Both are lean with long arms. Fast and can close. That's  one thing I noticed about both guys, when they were close? They were really fast in that last 2/3 yards to a tackle.

I love both players.  If we pass on either one to draft a Right Tackle ugh FML

19 hours ago, BigO said:

If Jonah isn’t worth the high pick at 3, then take the best WR on the board. It’s not like we don’t need a #1 WR for Sam. We can spend FA money on improving the line easily.  Get a LT a RT, a C, switch Long to G to go with Winters. Take Dexter Williams with one of the 3rd rounders. We have so much money and a few trade options to really upgrade this team this coming year. 

The free agent pool at OL this offseason is pretty stacked.  Paradis, Khalil, Trent Brown, Iupati, Jamon Brown, Bobbie Massie

No need to blow a 3rd pick overall on a right tackle

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The free agent pool at OL this offseason is pretty stacked.  Paradis, Khalil, Trent Brown, Iupati, Jamon Brown, Bobbie Massie

No need to blow a 3rd pick overall on a right tackle

Good info. If Jonah isn’t all he’s been made out to be then it’s a hard pass. Maybe we can trade some of our ‘elite prior 1’s’ for a 2nd rounder and grab a good OL prospect to develop. Our depth at OL doesn’t scream out starter material. We need to invest some picks in the OL somewhere down the road.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:00 AM, Jetster said:

I was not impressed with Jonah Williams last night. 3rd overall? They did not run behind him much. He looked lumbering & Farrell pushed him around a few times. I know there are fans who think, hell, if someone's gonna rate him at 10, why not take him at 3 but I'd rather have the best pass rusher or WR on the board, or even Greedy Williams if he's Head & shoulders the best CB in the draft. 

Pass Rusher coming in free agency. 

If they aren't taking Williams at #3, then trade down w/ someone who wants a QB.

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Aaron Donald says you're wrong.

Just because the Jets have sucked at drafting Defensive Line doesn't mean its an awful strategy.  Despite all the changes in the NFL, games are still won in the trenches.  Win the battle at the LOS more than the other guy, win the game. 

Blame Macc for not trading Wilkerson or Richardson at the right time.  And/or blame the fact that we've yet to convert to a 4-3 defense for far too long.  Not the franchise for taking DL in the first place.

I'd prefer an EDGE rusher over an interior DL if we do go defense, but the hate for DL has gone too far.  There are few things more valuable in this league than a DT who can generate a consistent pass rush. 

There could be 9 out of 10 DL that are all pro in the first round and Mac will pick the bust.

Archived