Examples of Herm's bad clock management

kcchiefs0413

Bocscore form 2002/Browns-24 unanswered point, Hackett and Hermie go into a shell, piss away a 3 TD lead.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/8aba06aaab1d51b485256a9e000c9904/1243049364bd5df185256c5f007b3007?OpenDocument

No doubt this was terrible coaching, but I need a specific example of how he screwed up in managing the clock in that game.

What game this year did St. Herman call a time out right after a questionable call that went the Jets way with less than 2:00 on the clock at the end of the half? That Play took points off the board that would have allow for a game winning FG instead of needing a touchdown at the end. I believe it was the second Miami game - maybe?

I still need at least one more specifically of how clock management cost the jets a win. So far I have:

1. 2004 against baltimore - He inexplicably let Quincy take 40 seconds off the clock when he was inside the 5 yard line. opted to go for a FG with 8 seconds left on 3rd and goal. jets lost in overtime.

2. 2005 Divisional Playoffs against Steelers - opted to take a knee to set up an even longer FG at the most difficult stadium to kick FG. he missed jets lost in OT.

3. against atlanta 2005 - at the end of the 1st half, they assumed that Coles had gotten out of bounds when in fact the clock continued to run.

4. against the niner 2001 - when it was 4th and 1 and the Jets elected to kick a field goal. Then the play clock ran out, adding five yards to the field goal, which was eventually blocked. That put the 49ers in great field position and led to a field goal for them. If you go for it and don

I remember a game at Oakland in 2003. The Jets won in OT but right before the end of the half, Herm called two questionables timeouts on first and second down with the Raiders at the mid field. They just run three straight times, pick up the first down and saved their own timeouts which eventually was used to score a TD.

I will now post 3 articles about the clock mishandle. Notice how Herm is never responsible for his failures. There is always a scapegoat.

2002 Browns - Ted Cottrell and the players - Sure, three different players made the same mistake and the coach had nothing to do about it.

2003 Giants - Doug Brien and the field goal unit.

2004 Ravens - Quincy Carter

How Hermpes lasted this long in NY baffles my mind.

Jets pay price for penalties

It's a simple concept: If you're a defensive player, don't charge until the ball is snapped. The Jets failed to grasp that idea, committing four offsides penalties in yesterday's 24-21 loss to the Browns.

Herman Edwards was at a loss in trying to explain the epidemic.

"You shouldn't be offsides," he said. "It's a lack of concentration. You can't jump offsides. We coach that you watch the ball and get off the line of scrimmage with the ball."

The guilty parties on defense were DE John Abraham (twice), DT Jason Ferguson and DE Shaun Ellis. Abraham's penalty was a killer, negating a 58-yard touchdown return by CB Ray Mickens on an interception.

Abraham said it wasn't a good call because the Browns' offensive tackle flinched. At the time, the Jets were up, 21-6, in the second quarter.

"I didn't think it was that big a deal because we were up by so many points," Mickens said. "Now, after the game, people are finger-pointing at that play. I don't think that's right." Clocked: The Jets were guilty of poor clock management in the second half, burning all three timeouts in a three-minute span in the third quarter.

Chad Pennington called the first. Then Edwards wasted a timeout on an insignificant replay challenge. Then the defense called a timeout because they had only 10 players on the field. "Ted (Cottrell) called a defense and he didn't like the personnel, so he called a timeout," said Edwards, referring to the defensive coordinator.

It came back to haunt the Jets late in the game, when they had no way to stop the clock on their ill-fated drive, which ended with a blocked field goal.

Jets are left kicking selves

Players mixed up, says Herm

By RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

884-field_goal_blocked.JPGFor once it's Giants' special teams coming up with big play, blocking field goal in overtime.

In the crucible of overtime, with the game and their season on the line, the Jets suffered an epic breakdown yesterday on special teams. Basically, they morphed into the Giants' special teams at the worst possible time.

The killer sequence began with a questionable decision by Herman Edwards and it ended with a rushed, out-of-sync field-goal attempt from 51 yards that was blocked by the Giants' Will Allen. In between, there was confusion, an inexplicable delay by kicker Doug Brien and perhaps indecision.

Result: A 31-28 loss after rallying from a 14-point deficit, all but ending their playoff hopes.

"We have a vision of where we need to be at a certain time in the season, and obviously it's shrinking," Edwards said.

The Jets (2-6) will remember this debacle for a long, long time. In overtime, they drove to the Giants' 32 and, with no timeouts left on a fourth-and-3, Edwards sent in the field-goal unit for the potential game winner.

Brien, not known for having a powerful leg, hadn't made a 50-yard field goal in four years, but more on that later. First, the poor clock management. Where did all the time go? For some reason - some of the coaches suggested Brien took too much time getting into position - the Jets wasted about 23 seconds on the play clock, showing no urgency.

Here's what happened:

The 40-second clock started with 4:41 remaining in overtime, when Santana Moss was tackled after a 5-yard reception. Holder Dan Stryzinski said the play clock was down to 17 seconds when he was jogging on the field. Why did they let so much time elapse?

"I had no idea it went that fast," Stryzinski said. "I started screaming, 'Hurry up, hurry up.'"

Edwards said he made an immediate decision to go for the field goal, noting that he and special teams coach Mike Westhoff had been discussing their options throughout the drive. They wanted to get to the 30-yard line, but still felt confident Brien could make it from the 32.

"I said, 'Mike, what do you think?'" Edwards said. "He said, 'We can make it.' I said, 'Let's go.'"

Westhoff wasn't available after the game. Edwards insisted there was no indecision on his part, but he admitted some players thought they were going to punt. On television, Edwards was pictured with 4:26 on the game clock (25 seconds left on the play clock), calmly waving on the field-goal team and ordering, "Field goal, field goal."

Still, what happened to the first 15 seconds on the play clock?

"The delay was the marking of the ball," Edwards said. "The ball was being marked and the guys were running around. We're hollering, 'Field goal, field goal,' and some guys thought we were going to punt it and we're yelling, 'Field goal.' We had to run out and get it done."

Brien confirmed the confusion, saying, "I didn't know if it was a punt or field goal."

Edwards suggested Brien took too long to get ready, warming up near the hashmarks.

"He was trying to stretch, I guess," Edwards shrugged.

Brien admitted he may have lost track of the time.

"I don't look at the clock. I'm in my zone," Brien said. "I go out and do my routine. Unfortunately, I didn't hear the hurry-up calls until it was too late. ... Maybe I go deaf in pressure situations."

To top it off, the execution was lousy. The ball was snapped with one second on the play clock, with Brien still not ready. Allen blew past the Jets' wing, Kevin Mawae. Mawae declined comment.

"(Allen) practically beat me to the ball," said Brien, who had missed from 50 and 55 yards in the regular season, but made a 49-yarder in the preseason.

Why not go for it on fourth down, with a hot quarterback? Edwards said he considered two options - field goal or punt - although he later indicated he thought about trying to convert the fourth-and-3.

In the end, it backfired. Big-time.

"It's a shame," Stryzinski said.

Originally published on November 3, 2003

This season in Baltimore he lets the clock run out at the half instead of trying to score. I forget the specifics, but the ball was in decent territory(~our 35) and I think there was over a minute left.

Don't know if it was mentioned, and others here will have a better memory. there was one game where he blamed Santana Moss for wasting a TO.

I was sitting behind the becnh during that Giants game-pure chaos. A real coach knows the distance and either sends the FG team on or keeps playing offense. Edwards instead tries to hold the Paris Peace Conference on the sidleine,asking Pennington, various coaches and Brien what they all think th Jets should do-paralysis by analysis. A real coach has played this scenario through a million times in his head and knows what he's doing; a merely average coach as the drive is moving forward is at least figuring the odds such that when the time comes to make a decison there's no hesitation. Edwards still didn't know what he wanted to do until it was too late.And rather than make any decsion he wanted to defer to give veryone their say, liek he didn't wnt to offend anyone.

Jet flop a waste of time

Bungle clock, pass vs. Ravens

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

182-edwards_sidelines_155.JPGTime management woes return to haunt Herm Edwards as he calls late timeout.

If the Jets pull an Al Groh-like collapse and fail to make the playoffs after a 6-1 start, they will look back to yesterday's 20-17 overtime loss to the Ravens as the root of the debacle. In a span of two hours at Giants Stadium, the Jets went from an aggressive, well-schooled team - they were bullying the bullies - into a meek, confused bunch that couldn't figure how to gain four yards in 45 seconds.

When it was over, after they had blown a 14-0 lead on an ill-advised halfback option pass that was intercepted (shades of Leon Johnson in 1997) and clock management straight from Romper Room, the Jets got tighter than Paul Hackett's play-calling. Some players, not pleased with certain coaching moves, held their tongue.

Quincy Carter, who started for the injured Chad Pennington, refused to take any blame for the mess at the end of regulation - a tragicomedy in which the Jets got to the Ravens' 13-yard line with 55 seconds left, ran only three plays, misused their timeouts and settled for an overtime-forcing field goal with the ball sitting only three yards from the winning touchdown.

"We definitely don't point the finger," Carter said.

Across the locker room, loquacious guard Pete Kendall was anything but loquacious. He offered only clipped responses to pointed questions, steam almost visible. Asked if it was a frustrating way to lose, Kendall said through gritted teeth, "Next question."

At least he stuck around. Hackett, who called the questionable halfback pass by LaMont Jordan, bolted for the team bus. He left the bus briefly to speak with a Daily News reporter, snapping, "I'm not going to talk to you now because I'm ticked."

Special assistant Dick Curl, who was hired last offseason to assist Herm Edwards with clock management, brushed off reporters. Grandfather Clock, as he's affectionately known, appeared to be in a rush to get out of Dodge.

Jordan, who made a bad decision and a horrible throw from the Baltimore 17 that changed the momentum late in the second quarter, didn't duck anyone. Jordan said, "I take responsibility for this game. I don't want to hear that Paul Hackett called a bad play."

Curtis Martin said it's "the kind of loss that puts a dagger in your heart." Indeed, the Jets (6-3), losers of two straight, dropped a game that could haunt them in January if they're involved in a playoff tie-breaker with the Ravens (6-3).

Playoff implications aside, this was a loss that could crush a team's psyche. The Jets, up 14-0 on two TD runs by Martin, had a chance to deliver a knockout punch late in the first half by going up 17-0 or 21-0. But Hackett picked a weird time to become Mike Martz and Jordan failed to execute a safe throwaway on the halfback option. Suddenly, the Ravens reeled off 17 unanswered points on two touchdown passes by Kyle Boller. Finally, they won it on Matt Stover's 42-yard field goal with 7:35 left in OT.

"A very, very tough loss for us, no doubt about it," Edwards said.

It was inexcusable. Edwards pointed to Jordan for blowing the halfback pass, saying, "If nobody's open, he's supposed to just run the ball." To that point, Carter was 7-for-7, just having completed a 47-yarder to Santana Moss. Why take the ball out of Carter's hands?

"That's a good point," Edwards said. "We had an option, and we took it. But it backfired on us."

It was a pass to nowhere, and safety Ed Reed made an end-zone interception and ran it back 104 yards. A penalty on Baltimore gave the Jets a temporary stay, but the Ravens still scored to make it 14-7 at halftime.

The Jets blew a chance to win it at the end of regulation, marching to the Baltimore 13. They made three questionable decisions:

- They called a timeout with 55 seconds left, then Carter (13-for-22, 175 yards) ran nine yards on a draw to make it first-and-goal from the 4. Inexplicably, the Jets took their sweet time, letting the clock go to 18 seconds before the next play, a 1-yard run by Jordan. They wasted about 27 seconds - a huge blunder.

Asked why they didn't call two plays in the huddle during the previous timeout, Edwards said, "We didn't have to because we had enough time on the clock at that point."

- After Jordan's run, another timeout (14 seconds left) and an incomplete pass, the Jets made another mistake by using their final timeout even though the clock was stopped at eight seconds. With the play clock running down, Edwards said he - not Carter - called the final timeout.

Edwards implied that it was Carter's fault, saying the play was sent in on time and that Carter broke the huddle with 15 seconds on the play clock. Actually, Edwards might have been better off by taking a delay penalty.

"We got the play in and, for some reason, we were standing around in the huddle," Edwards said, "We didn't get it off in time." Told of Edwards' remarks, that the play got to the huddle with time to spare, Carter seemed taken aback.

"I don't know what Herm said, and I don't gossip where I come from," he said. "I got the play in with 15 seconds on the play clock and there was some confusion. I take my lumps as a quarterback, but I don't go by hearsay."

- With eight seconds left, Edwards eschewed one last shot at the end zone, sending in Doug Brien for the field goal on third down. He played for the tie. Clearly, Edwards didn't trust Carter, saying, "At that point, we were in field-goal range and I didn't want to take the chance."

Even the Ravens were stunned by the Jets' incompetence. Said Ray Lewis: "I think they kind of messed up at the end, using that timeout."

The Jets messed up a game, maybe their season.

Originally published on November 15, 2004

Buffalo 14, New York 9

Posted: Sunday December 30, 2001 09:01 PM

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- The New York Jets went to the well again, but it turned out to be frozen.

On a blustery day at Giants Stadium, veteran defensive end Phil Hansen made a key interception in the final two minutes as the Buffalo Bills stalled New York's playoff drive with a 14-9 victory.

Shawn Bryson had 107 of Buffalo's season-high 192 rushing yards as the Bills improved the AFC's worst record to 3-12.

"I thought we were going to try to find another way to let one slip away there, and we didn't let that happen," Bills quarterback Alex Van Pelt said. "Maybe that's a really big step for this team."

New York had possession twice in the final two minutes but fell short of its fifth fourth-quarter comeback of the season. Vinny Testaverde's rushed pass as time expired went out of the end zone.

"It's a tough one, disappointing," Testaverde said. "We work hard all year to get in this position. We didn't play well enough. We didn't do the things we needed to do."

A playoff berth seemed a certainty for the Jets (9-6), but now they need to win in Oakland next week or have Seattle lose at home to Kansas City. The Seahawks earned a 25-22 victory over San Diego on Sunday with a last-second 54-yard field goal by Rian Lindell.

"We controlled our own destiny," safety Victor Green said. "We let it slip through our fingertips. We let them hang around and they found a way to win.

"We have another opportunity. We just have to go out there and get it done. We made it harder on ourselves."

The Jets finish the regular season at Oakland next week.

Along with fourth-quarter comebacks, New York had gotten used to controlling the turnover battle, holding a plus-23 ratio before committing three of the four turnovers Sunday.

The Jets had an interception in the end zone and fumbled a kick return.

"That's uncharacteristic of us," coach Herman Edwards said. "That was a team loss."

The Bills, who will have one of the top-five picks in next year's draft, were coming off consecutive three-point losses. They have six losses of seven points or fewer.

"We should have won last week and the week before," wideout Peerless Price said. "We deserved to win this game."

The Bills also improved to 1-6 against AFC East opponents.

"I'm not happy that it took us until after Christmas, but we got a division win," Hansen said. "It's nice to be a big part of winning a football game."

Buffalo grabbed a 14-6 lead 3:43 into the second half following touchdown drives of 87 and 80 yards.

The Jets then had a drive stall at the Bills' 15-yard line before settling for a 32-yard field goal from John Hall to get within 14-9 with 12:36 left.

They drove to Buffalo's 35 on their next possession when Testaverde dropped back on 2-and-10 and found Hansen's left hand.

Hansen, the most-tenured Bills player at 12 years, returned the interception 17 yards.

"I say Vinny fade back and recognized the screen," Hansen said. "I got my hand up and deflected it. It was kind of lucky."

Buffalo failed to get a first down on the ensuing possession, and when punter Brian Moorman couldn't handle a shorthopped snap, New York took over at midfield.

Punting was a horror show for the Bills as Moorman netted 20 yards on his last five kicks.

With no timeouts remaining, the Jets needed to go 50 yards in 47 seconds. But with 13 seconds remaining, Testaverde threw short over the middle to Curtis Martin for a seven-yard gain as the clock continued to run.

"We had five other receivers, but the coverage dictated we go to Curtis on that play," Testaverde said.

The Jets barely got off another snap as Testaverde overthrew the right side of the end zone as time expired.

Testaverde completed 20-of-38 passes for 235 yards with two interceptions for New York, which won its previous two games on the late touchdown drives.

One of Testaverde's interceptions was by rookie cornerback Nate Clements, who snatched a jumpball from Kevin Swayne in the end zone early in the second quarter.

Martin had 115 yards on 19 carries, but Buffalo controlled the ground game behind Bryson, who became the first Bill to have consecutive 100-yard games since Thurman Thomas in 1996.

"I thought Shawn Bryson ran the ball tough," Bills coach Gregg Williams said.

With Bryson chewing up yardage, the Bills were able to mix it up offensively.

Van Pelt completed four passes of at least 15 yards during an 11-play, 87-yard drive that Larry Centers capped with a five-yard run, making it 7-6 with 19 seconds left in the first half.

On the first possession of the second half, the Bills went 80 yards in eight plays. Van Pelt threw a 22-yard TD pass to Price after Price had raced 28 yards on an endaround.

Craig Yeast fumbled the ensuing kick return.

"I thought a couple of keys were, at the end of the half we established momentum," Williams said. "At the start of the second, we received the ball and put a scoring drive right away."

Van Pelt went 16-of-27 for 185 yards. Tight end Jay Riemersma finished with a career-high eight catches for 78 yards for the Bills.

Hall accounted for New York's points with field goals of 33, 28 and 32 yards. Laveranues Coles finished with seven receptions for 99 yards.

Thanks everyone for helping me compile these examples of game-losing clock management. I've posted them on wildbillschiefs to try to convince my fellow chiefs fans that clock management is an important part of coaching and winning games. Sorry you guys had to relive these blunders. Good luck with Mangini. I'm certainly jealous - you guys get a belichick disciple and the chiefs get stuck with herm.

Another maddening habit that regularly popped up (this year I believe it was Jacksonville?) is where the Jets came out of the two minute warning ran ONE play and then called a time out!!! WTF, you can't call more than one play during the two minute warning???

During the Hackett years, the team would be behind by two touchdowns with 4 or 5 minutes left and they would be huddling up using the entire play clock!! If they scored, the only option left would be to try an onsides kick and one or two hail Mary's!! Baffling stuff.

Thanks everyone for helping me compile these examples of game-losing clock management. I've posted them on wildbillschiefs to try to convince my fellow chiefs fans that clock management is an important part of coaching and winning games. Sorry you guys had to relive these blunders. Good luck with Mangini. I'm certainly jealous - you guys get a belichick disciple and the chiefs get stuck with herm.
Thanks for nothing. Just send us half of the $100 and were straight. :lol:

See that the other Chiefs fans have tried to say everybody else-Pennington, Testaverde, hackett-were responsible. Which is Edwards' template-all good flows from him; when things go in the crapper blame somebody else. Edwards mentally and emotionally is about 8 years old.

You guys have a great fan base. And you will see it divided by those who (for wishful thinking or PC reasons, possibly) will defend Edwards no matter what and those who speak the truth. Welcome to what Edwards did to this franchise's fan base for 5 years.

It's hysterical. They're fast becoming Herm apologists for his past blunders before he's even held one Chiefs practice. One guy is now defending Herm's decision in Pittsburgh, claiming

"Further, most every point is spun to make it sound bad. Edwards didn't take a knee to MAKE IT A LONGER FIELD GOAL -- what kind of bonehead posted that in the first place? He took a knee to center the freaking kick, and it lost 1 yard."

So to separate his thought from a "bonehead" he thinks that kneeling the ball directly behind the center, without moving left or right, will somehow put you in the middle of the field. Like the NFL says "well, we know you didn't really center the ball, but we know that's what you want to do, so we'll give it to you anyway."

Pats, 2005. Pats complete a questionable pass on a big 3rd down play. Edwards, busily consulting with his whole staff rather than making a snap decision(or having one trusted assistant in the booth designated to tell him to throw the red flag) does nothing. Pats, apparently having one man in the booth designated to tell Brady and Bellichick on the headset it might be questionable run to the line, run a play immediately for a big gain and go on to score and win.

Raven, 2004 as above.

Giants, 2003, at home. Basically let the clock go to hell, and then in OT had to consult with everyone before making a decision as to whether or not to kick a FG when the kick was ridicukous and another offenisve play was obvious.

Browns, 2002-Jets manage to blow a 21-0 halftime lead with various mismanagement, 24-21.

Bills, 2001. Jets run a pass play in the middle of the field to Martin as the clock runs out in a loss.

Bengals, 2001. Testaverde ignores Hackett's call with time running out and completes a miracle pass to AFL refugee Kevin Swayne to win the game.

More times you can count-may be 2 or 3 times a game- where he allowed his team to piss away timeouts since Hackett's complicated play calls took too much time on the play clock. it was little better this year.

The Jets in 5 years DID NOT HAVE A HURRY UP/NO HUDDLE. 2 plays are never called on a clock stoppage. Instead, the Jets (as will the Chiefs will do now) huddle up every play. Read this again-they will not have a hurry up at all.

I seriously pity you guys.The guy needs a coach to show him how the clock works, and even then they don't get it right, not even close. My son's Pop Warner coach figured this out after about 30 seconds of his first game; my other son's high school coach would do a much better job then Edwards. And it hasn't changed in 5 years, even though he's been around football for 30 years. People in the know in media circles will tell you sotto voce that Edwards is a glorified cheerleader. Smart football people-Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe, Brian Cox-say it out loud. When he starts making a mess in KC it will get louder. You've been sold a bill of goods, and it's complete BS. We used to think even being a bad coach, he was at least a nice man. Now we know even that's nonsense too.

But it will be great for reporters. Figure rather than doing his job Edwards will allow some lucky reporters to attach themselves to him like a remora to follow the coach around and treat his never-ending blather as pearls of wisdom.Good bet Jason Whitlock will be allowed behind the curtain to get a look at the Master

Sh!thead.

bugg, u must know,,

i cant remember when and where but the game that pisse dme off most was when we were down to scores with like a minute or 2 left. we were down to like the 15 or 20 yd line and had i think a 4th and 5. Most coaches would have taken the FG since u had to score twice. Herm goes for it on 4th down, game over.

after game he says , well we werent gettin many chances on offense for a TD so I took it???????????????????????????? Uh, u need 3 somewhere and u needed to onsides to keep game goin?????? typical Herm.

The analysts at game were befuddled as well as fans (except the Hermafites who always drank the Koolaid)...

U remember game???????

i cant remember when and where but the game that pisse dme off most was when we were down to scores with like a minute or 2 left. we were down to like the 15 or 20 yd line and had i think a 4th and 5. Most coaches would have taken the FG since u had to score twice. Herm goes for it on 4th down, game over.

after game he says , well we werent gettin many chances on offense for a TD so I took it???????????????????????????? Uh, u need 3 somewhere and u needed to onsides to keep game goin?????? typical Herm.

The analysts at game were befuddled as well as fans (except the Hermafites who always drank the Koolaid)...

U remember game???????

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20030928_DAL@NYJ

Losing 17-6. 4th & 3 from the 10. Hackwards calls a 2 yard pass to Chrebet. Dallas takes over on downs & runs out the clock. Game over.

It was disgusting.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20030928_DAL@NYJ

Losing 17-6. 4th & 3 from the 10. Hackwards calls a 2 yard pass to Chrebet. Dallas takes over on downs & runs out the clock. Game over.

It was disgusting.

thanks, that once and for all told me how dumb a coach he was,,that was truly NOT playin to win,,

goin for FG and keepin your chances alive would have been playin to WIN.

thanks, that once and for all told me how dumb a coach he was,,that was truly NOT playin to win,,

goin for FG and keepin your chances alive would have been playin to WIN.

It was vintage Hackett (with no objections from Herm as usual): There's 3 yards to go. Being that it's 4th down this late in the game we can't try to run. Everyone will be expecting a pass play beyond the first-down marker & that's where all the coverage will be. We'll outsmart everyone with a surprise & pass in FRONT of the first-down marker & all he has to do is run a yard or two for a first down by breaking only one tackle. I tellya it can't miss! I am so smart.

It was vintage Hackett (with no objections from Herm as usual): There's 3 yards to go. Being that it's 4th down this late in the game we can't try to run. Everyone will be expecting a pass play beyond the first-down marker & that's where all the coverage will be. We'll outsmart everyone with a surprise & pass in FRONT of the first-down marker & all he has to do is run a yard or two for a first down by breaking only one tackle. I tellya it can't miss! I am so smart.

sorry,,not on Hackett,,,

the HC decides to go for FG or TD,,then it was a dumb call, BUT it never should have gotte nto that,,take the Fg and onside kick,,u have to score twice anyways, at least a FG lets u survive to onside kick,,,

sorry,,not on Hackett,,,

the HC decides to go for FG or TD,,then it was a dumb call, BUT it never should have gotte nto that,,take the Fg and onside kick,,u have to score twice anyways, at least a FG lets u survive to onside kick,,,

I actually forgot about the needing 2 scores at the time of my last post. It's a no-brainer since even if you get the first down you still haven't scored yet. Maybe if there's an unstoppable power running game like KC had this past year & you're on the 1 yard line. But you still need to score twice. Painfully shortsighted.

Archived