Some clarification, please.

section314

Between the great draft conversations we've been having both here and the draft forum, and listening to the intense breakdown of all the draft eligible guys on NFL network, it leaves me with a question.....what , exactly, was Anthony Barr's role on our D going to be?

54 minutes ago, section314 said:

Between the great draft conversations we've been having both here and the draft forum, and listening to the intense breakdown of all the draft eligible guys on NFL network, it leaves me with a question.....what , exactly, was Anthony Barr's role on our D going to be?

Ice Cube In Barbershop

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The speculation I read was that Williams would use him as a pass rusher, unlike what they did with him in Minnesota. That was his strength in college. I don't think anyone can answer your question for sure.

I guess. Just can't think of anything off the top of my head that he excels in. 13 career sacks, can't cover, etc.

Like someone else posted he was projected as 3-4 OLB in college but I also heard getting Barr wouldn’t preclude them from drafting a Passrusher at 3. It would’ve been Barr and the drafted rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if we got Barr, Williams would definitely be the pick if he was there i think.  now we need an OLB so Allen might be the preferred pick unless Mac goes BAP.

Barr had 13.5 and 10 sacks his last 2 years in college so he has experience

44 minutes ago, section314 said:

I guess. Just can't think of anything off the top of my head that he excels in. 13 career sacks, can't cover, etc.

He's a balance edge LB. He can probably play DE in a 4-3. No, he can't really cover but he can rush the passer and set the edge against the run. That is probably what he would do in a 3-4 as an OLB. He was a run stuffing OLB in a 4-3 on the vikings that was deployed as a blitzer off and on.

In UCLA he excelled as a Pass Rushing Edge DE. 

Although coverage is not his strength, Barr is still versatile. I think in a 3-4 with the Jets he would be used as a balanced Pass Rushing OLB, mostly lining up with his hand in the dirt. He would be particularly useful when switching to a Nickel or Dime defense when the Jets are expecting Pass...he could simply move to DE from his LB position. 

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

He's a balance edge LB. He can probably play DE in a 4-3. No, he can't really cover but he can rush the passer and set the edge against the run. That is probably what he would do in a 3-4 as an OLB. He was a run stuffing OLB in a 4-3 on the vikings that was deployed as a blitzer off and on.

In UCLA he excelled as a Pass Rushing Edge DE. 

Although coverage is not his strength, Barr is still versatile. I think in a 3-4 with the Jets he would be used as a balanced Pass Rushing OLB, mostly lining up with his hand in the dirt. He would be particularly useful when switching to a Nickel or Dime defense when the Jets are expecting Pass...he could simply move to DE from his LB position. 

Tnx. This sounds like Bryan Thomas.

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

He excels in being indecisive, getting cold feet, whining.

He was another big name big $ to sign for Mac to use to keep his job longer. Oh, I forgot every big name big money player Mac has signed prior to this year has been a bust, so the more big names signed the quicker Mac is out the door.

Archived